Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Loved You Then, I Love You Now

Chapter Six

by alligatorpie 3 reviews

No smut, but cursing and violent-type themes

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-04-06 - Updated: 2010-04-07 - 2250 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Six
Gerard's POV

I woke later that night with my arms empty.

"Frankie?" I mumbled, sitting up, looking around. Frank was sitting at the foot of my bed, knees up against his chest, arms resting on his knees, chin resting on his arms. He was staring at the window, and it was a moment before I realized that tears were streaming down his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked, crawling across the bed to sit next to him.

"I can hear my parents fighting." He whispered.

I was silent for a moment, and discovered that he was right. What they were saying was unintelligible, but they were both screaming. I slid off the bed, and closed the window, muffling but not muting the noise. I sat next to him, and wrapped my arms around him. He leaned into me, and cried, soaking my shirt.

"They've never fought this long." He sobbed. "I'm so scared, Gee! What if he does something to my mom?"

I knew that nothing I said would make him feel any better, so I just held him. I gently stroked his hair and rocked him back and forth. He cried himself out after a while, and eventually fell asleep. I pulled the blankets from underneath us, and pulled them around us. I eased us down, so we were both laying down. I held him tight.

"I love you," I whispered, hoping that he could somehow hear me, even though he was asleep. "I love you so much."

Frank's POV

Everything was dark. I couldn't tell were I was. I felt the hard, cold asphalt beneath me. Why was I laying in the street? Why couldn't I open my eyes?

"Frank!" A familiar voice called. Gerard.

Gerard! Why couldn't I yell back? Or open my mouth to speak to him? Or open my eyes, to look into his angelic face?

"Frank!" Another voice, a different voice, yelled. A voice that I could go a very long time without hearing. My dad's drunken stammer.

"Frankie!" Gerard yelled. His voice was coming closer, and I could hear his pounding footsteps, running closer.

No! I silently urged. Run away, Gerard!

"Dammit, Frank, why are you like this?!" My dad yelled, also advancing. "It's your fault! All the fighting! All the unhappiness! Your fault!"

"Don't listen to him, Frankie!" Gerard yelled. "I love you!"

"Fucking queer!" Dad yelled. "It's his fault!" I knew that dad was talking about Gerard now.

I heard a gun cock right next to me.

"I love you so much!" Gerard yelled. He was only a few feet away now, and I still couldn't move or open my eyes.

BANG!

Gerard screamed, and only then did I regain control of my body. I sat up, and looked toward Gerard's voice. He was laying face down on the ground, blood running along the street.

"Gerard!" I screamed. I crawled over next to him, and tried to turn him over. My hand moved right through his shoulder.

"What did you do to him?!" I screamed at my dad, turning around. What I saw left me breathless. My body was laying in the street. There was a bullet wound in my stomach. Was I...?

Gerard stirred. He crawled toward my body, despite the bullet in his leg.

"Wake up, Frankie," He sobbed, shaking my shoulders. "Wake up!"

My mom came running out of our house.

"My baby!" She screamed. Dad turned the gun on her, and shot. She fell back.

"Wake up!" Gerard was still screaming.

Dad laughed, and raised the bottle of liquor that was in the hand that the gun wasn't in, to lips and drank.

"Wake up. Come on, Frankie, it's okay, just wake up." Gerard's voice had turned soothing, rather than scared.

I found myself laying in the dark again. I struggled to open my eyes, and when I did, I was back in Gerard's room, Gerard was sitting over me.

"Gerard!" I cried, throwing my arms around him.

Gerard held me, and stroked my hair. "It's okay, baby. It was just a nightmare." Gerard soothed me.

"My.... my dad, he...." I choked off, sobbing.

"It's okay, Frankie, just breathe. Calm down." Gerard said. I slowly became calmer.

"Are you okay?" Gee asked when my sobbing turned to hiccuping.

"Yeah." I said, sitting up properly.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" He asked.

"I don't even remember." I lied. I didn't want him to know just how scared I was of what my dad might do.

"Okay," He whispered, then kissed my cheek.

I laid back down, and curled up against him. He laid down to, and wrapped his arms around me. I was so tired I cold barely keep my eyes open, but I was scared to go back to sleep.

"Hey, Gee?" I whispered.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you, too, Frankie." He mumbled.

"Gee?" I said a few minutes later.

"Yeah?" He said, opening his eyes.

"Will you kiss me?" I asked.

Gerard propped himself up on his elbow, and pressed his lips to mine. Our lips moved together gently.

"Thank you." I whispered when we broke apart.

"Always," He whispered, laying back down.

I snuggled closer to him, and rested my head against his chest. I closed my eyes, and wished for a dreamless sleep. Luckily, my wish came true.

***

"Time for school!" Mikey yelled through the door. I woke with a start.

"Thanks!" I yelled back. I turned to Gerard, who was still asleep.

"Wake up, Gee," I whispered.

"No," He mumbled, holding me tighter against him.

"Come on, Gee, it's time for school." I said.

"Fuck you with a spork...." He mumbled, pulling the blanket over both of our heads.

"Gee." I giggled.

He finally opened his eyes.

"What?" He asked pointedly.

"Good morning, Sunshine. It's time for school." I said.

"No!" He yelled, burrowing deeper under the blankets.

"Gee...." I said, laughing.

"Gerard Arthur Way, you get up this minute!" Mrs. Way yelled from downstairs.

"I'm a grown-up!" Gerard yelled back. "I shouldn't have to endure this torture!"

"Gerard." Mrs. Way yelled warningly.

"Fine I'm getting up!" Gerard said. "But I don't like you!" He swung his legs off the bed, and stood up.

"That was very mature." I laughed.

"Yeah, I know." He grinned at me.

He walked over to his dresser and rifled through the drawers. I grabbed my bag, and unzipped it.

"Mikey told Mom and Dad that you slept over, so it won't be very awkward." Gerard said.

"Yeah, right up until they find out about us." I said quietly, changing into my clothes for the day (A black Ac/Dc shirt, and skinny jeans).

"We don't have to tell them anything." He assured me. He straightened up from kneeling next to his dresser. He changed quickly into an Iron Maiden tee-shirt, and black jeans, and I tried not to stare at his perfect, smooth, pale skin over the subtly strong muscles of his chest and stomach....

"Breakfast is ready!" Mrs. Way yelled, pulling me quickly out of my reverie.

"Be right there!" Gee yelled. He pulled his shirt over his head, and grabbed my hand. He pulled me up against him, and kissed me fiercely. I melted into him, and ran my tongue across his bottom lip. He hesitated, then broke away.

"We don't really have time to get that into this right now, Frankie," Gerard whispered, still holding me tight. I pouted, and he laughed. "Later." He promised.

"I'll hold you to that." I said.

He grinned, knowing it was true, and we left the room. Gerard ran down the stairs, and I followed quickly.

"Mom! I'm hungry! Food!" Gerard yelled.

"It's been waiting here for you for fifteen minutes!" Mrs. Way said incredulously.

Mikey was reading a comic book while eating what looked like Frankenberry cereal. Gee and I sat down across from Mikey in the two empty seats, and Mrs. Way set a plate of French toast in front of each of us.

"Hey.... why does Mikey get the good breakfast?" Gerard whined, completely serious.

"If you'd come when I called, you could've gotten to the last of the Frankenberry first." Mrs. Way said. "I'm Donna, by the way, Frank." She said to me, smiling.

"Hi." I said. I took a bite of the French toast. "This is amazing." I said, shoveling another bite into my mouth.

"I'm glad." She said.

We all finished breakfast, and went upstairs to get our backpacks. Then, we went back downstairs.

"My car!" Gerard sang, unlocking it.

"Shotgun!" I cried, jumping into the front seat.

Mikey slid into the backseat, and Gerard started the car. The radio was on, but he turned it off before I could recognize the song.

"So, Mr. Mikey," Gerard said. "What are your plans for this afternoon and evening?" Gerard looked at him in the rearview mirror.

Mikey mumbled something, and looked out the window.

"Can't hear you!" Gerard said loudly.

"Going to Alicia's...." Mikey said quietly.

"Didn't you meet her, like, yesterday?" Gerard asked.

"No, we've know each other way longer than that!" Mikey said.

"Oh, yeah?" Gerard asked.

"Yeah! Day before yesterday." Mikey said.

Gerard snorted. We were at the school by now, and Gerard pulled into the parking lot.

"There's Alicia!" Mikey yelled, jumping out of the car while it was still moving, and running toward her.

Gerard parked and we walked into school together. I waved when I saw Ray and Bob. They waved back.

"So, I'll see you later." I said to Gerard.

"Okay, see you." Gerard said.

I walked over to Ray and Bob.

"Who's that?" Bob asked, glaring at Gerard's retreating back.

"Gerard Way." I said.

"He wasn't giving you any problems, was he?" Ray asked angrily.

Ray and Bob were a year older than me, and had looked out for me in every grade except fifth, and eighth, and only those because they were in the middle or high school when I wasn't yet.

"No, he wasn't." I said quickly. "He moved in across the street from me, and gave me a lift this morning."

"Where were you last night?" Bob asked. "We both called you, but you didn't answer."

"Last night, Gerard was over, and my parents got into a fight. Gerard invited me to spend the night at his place so that I wouldn't have to listen to them fighting all night." I said.

"There's more." Bob accused.

"Yeah," I admitted.

"Well?" Ray said after I was silent for a minute.

"Well.... okay, I'll tell you, but you both have to promise not to hit me." I said.

They glanced at each other, then Ray slowly nodded.

"Okay."

"Gerard and I.... kinda.... you know.... we...." I stammered, not sure how to explain it. As soon as I said 'we', they understood.

"What?!" Bob yelled.

Everyone in the hallway looked at us, but didn't bother to stare.

"Don't hit me!" I pleaded.

"I'm gonna beat the fucking shit out of that little crapweasel!" Bob said.

He started to move toward the corner Gerard had disappeared around, but Ray caught his shoulders and held him back. The only thing that surprised me about that, was that Bob let Ray hold him back. Bob was easily the strongest of the three of us, and Ray couldn't possibly hold him back.

Ray gave Bob a meaningful look, and turned back to me.

"What Bob meant to say, was what the fuck are you thinking?"

"What?" I asked.

"After.... Look, Frank, he's a popular senior, going after a unpopular underclassmen. Does this not sound familiar to you?" Ray said.

"Gerard isn't like that." I said instantly.

"How do you know?" Ray asked. I noticed that his hand was still on Bob's shoulder.

"He's so much better." I said.

"Or he might be taking it that much farther than Sam did." Ray said.

"He's not." I insisted. Ray was about to speak again, but I interrupted. "Is there something going on here that I don't know about?" I gestured to him and Bob.

They shared another meaningful glance.

"Actually, that's why we were trying to call you last night." Ray said slowly, glancing at Bob again.

There was a look in both their eyes when they looked at each other that I couldn't place.

Bob nodded slowly.

"We, uh, kinda got together last night." Ray said.

"Yeah, you guys get together and hang out all the time." I said.

"No...." Ray said.

"Like a couple." Bob said.

I mouthed wordlessly at the pair of them. Bob moved a step closer to Ray, and wrapped his arm around him. Ray leaned into him.

"You aren't mad, are you?" Ray asked.

"You guys!" I squeaked, throwing my arms around them.

Ray laughed, and they both hugged me.

"You kids." I laughed. They let me go, but continued to hold each other.

"Just be careful, okay, Frank?" Ray pleaded.

I nodded.

"Bob is the man, isn't he?" I asked, unable to stop myself.

"Bob is da man," Ray said.

"No, I mean, like, Bob is the man, and you're the woman. Am I right?" I asked. Ray looked offended, but Bob nodded. I burst out laughing.

"Yeah, well, you're the woman, too!" Ray said.

"Duh." I said. "I'm too much of a freakin' Pansy to be the man."


A/N: I'm SO sorry I'm a day late! My mom was making me clean nonstop and it sucked balls. Please rate and review!
xxAnna
Sign up to rate and review this story