Categories > Original > Romance > Taming A Princess.

Enemies.

by shehadtheworld12 0 reviews

Delilah's second day of school..things are just getting more interesting by the minute aren't they?

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor - Published: 2010-04-17 - Updated: 2010-04-17 - 2793 words

0Unrated

Meh, here's chapter 3, are you happy now? (cough Nina Cough) Enjoy!

“So what exactly goes on here? No offense, but everyone looks like they all belong to the rodeo.” I asked Torrin as he laughed and shook his head as we walked down the hallway. Day two in this hell hole, and I was still glared at like I was Hitler or something. I guess I shouldn’t have pushed it with the blue and pink clothes today…

“Everything here is not all country Lilah, can I call you Lilah?” he asked and I shrugged, not really caring what he called me. Everyone usually called me Delilah, no nickname was necessary.

“The school is pretty diverse. You still have the jocks, the cowboys, chess team, athletic people, slow people, junkies, Asians, and of course the popular…which is very weird considering they need people like you.” he motioned to the table and I frowned. Even my own race has shunned me…this was so not cool.

“Guess you really can’t fit in anywhere.” I sighed.

“Well maybe with a little luck you could fit in with the emos…they don’t talk much…just write poetry and sit under a tree…” he teased and I glared. I hated poetry….

“The jocks…well everyone avoids them. They’re pretty crude….drink beer…smoke weed…hump anything with a pulse, especially the footballers. The chess team just does what they do best, you guessed it, chess. And the Asians….well they just do whatever, the club geeks are pretty opened minded…they hang out by the library a lot…they’re alright I suppose.” he shrugged as we reached the end of the hallway where my class and Torrin’s class had been split. I could sense he was annoyed by my constant hair checking but I couldn’t help it. The humidity made me have helmet hair, do I look like I own a damn helmet? Damn it, I need some Jamba Juice.

“So where do you fit on this ‘food chain.’?” I asked curiously.

“I am in the most awesome group you ever did see.” he smirked as I raised an eyebrow and let him know I wasn’t buying into his façade.

“Okay so maybe I’m kind of a loner…but I do have some friends. I don’t particularly belong to a group… I’m just me.” he replied simply as I stared at him. Behind those glasses I saw eyes that were hopeful, needing and wanting….what if Torrin did want to belong somewhere? Was he rejected like I was?

“Alright well I’m going to go.” he said awkwardly as I realized that I had been staring at him for the past minute.

“Oh umm…right. I’ll see you…at lunch?” I asked hopefully as he nodded.

“Sure thing.” he replied before walking into his class while I walked in mine just as the bell rang. Even when the teacher began lecturing, I still couldn’t take my mind off Torrin. There’s something about him I couldn’t put my manicured finger on, which is blasphemy, considering I can read anyone. Point being, there’s a secret lying in that puffy head of his….whatever it is. I am. Going. To. Find. Out….

Since I have nothing better to do….
~~

“Umm eww. What the hell is this?” I asked as I held up my school lunch. There was no sushi bars here whatsoever, why am I getting hit with the shit stick so much?

“That’s a vegan hot dog.” he smiled as he held his up lovingly and a took bite out of it as I tossed mine to the nearby pigeons, even their lives didn’t suck as much as mine.

“Tastes like candy canes and Christmas.” he smiled as he wiped the mustard off his mouth before taking another bite while I tried not vomit and looked away when something caught my attention. I studied the figure as I realized it was the freak that was staring at me yesterday! I scoffed at him and looked at Torrin.

“Why is that guy staring at me? It’s creeping me out.” I said to him as he looked at the guy and raised an eyebrow.

“Wow…most girls are considered lucky to be looked at by him.” he said plainly.

“Why? Is he some kind of God?” I asked sarcastically.

“Well kind of…I mean that is Nick Schommer. He plays safety on the football team. His ‘looks’ are enough to get him the popularity. At least that’s what all the girls claim.” he said rolling his eyes.

“He looks like a jerk off to me.” I replied as I look back at him as he smiled at me. I didn’t smile back and looked down at my jeans. Something about him was just off…then again everything here was. But all I knew if he didn’t stop staring at me, I’m introducing my fist into his eye…

Third person POV

“Hey man who’s the chick?” Nick asked as Jay looked at the girl with way too much pink and shrugged.

“I don’t know. I heard she moved from California, kind of snotty. She looks like a damn Bratz doll.” he said shaking his head as Nick smiled.

“She’s kind of pretty though.” he put in and Jay smirked.

“Are you just saying that so you can sack her?” he giggled as Nick blushed.

“No..” he replied. “She just looks different than all the other girls.” he added as Jay agreed.

“Yeah she doesn’t look like she knows what a rodeo is. Good luck with that one. I got to go.” he said patting Nick’s back as he looked back at the girl. She only seemed to glare at him as he frowned confused. Any girl would’ve gushed over the attention, while she didn’t even care.

“What’s up with this chick?” he asked himself. He knew was determined to find out…
~

“Look at this ladies, Cali girl thinks she’s one of us.” a girl said with a slight country accent and her two followers scowled at me as I looked at the middle one. I could take this bitch…

“I’m sorry and you are?” I asked curiously as she smirked and stepped closer.

“I’m your worst nightmare.” she said simply as I gawked at her.

“Well you’re a little too late sweetheart.” I laughed to myself as she glared.

“Look wannabe, I’m only going to warn your once. You might be from California, but you’re in my turf now. I suggest you better know your place.” she said to me as I got up and got in her face. Her blonde hair dancing in the slight breeze while her green eyes sparkled with evil.

“Is that a threat? How cute.” I said sarcastically.

“Absolutely.” she smiled as she winked at me.

“Nerd.” she said to Torrin as he frowned while the three girls walked off and I looked at him astounded.

“So now who’s that bitch?” I hissed as he rolled his eyes.

“That’s Rachel Lang. Her dad owns this really rich produce company. She’s pretty, popular, blah, blah, blah.” he shrugged as I shook my head.

“Well I got news for her. She’s not up to par with my level.” I said glaring at her.

“Just be careful, she can bite…badly.” he said to me as I looked at him and laughed.

“As long she doesn’t start nothing, there won’t be nothing.” I explained. “But if she decides to play…..then it’s go time.” I replied seriously, can’t believing I just made an enemy on my second day of school…how lovely.

“You really are something else Delilah…”
~~

By English class I had calmed down my nerves a bit. Besides the fact that I had Rachel glaring at me every chance she got, I would simply smile at her as she would look away and I would shake my head. I’ve had many enemies in my life, especially Brooke Taylor. It all started in 5th grade, when she was just jealous I had everything she didn’t. I mean I couldn’t help if my dad was just a little bit richer than hers…

When the class ended and I was finally able to leave this forsaken place and I grabbed my bag as I pulled my phone out and began to text Kristina. She would make everything a little better if she was here…

Rescue me, before I start putting you in charge of my will. I sent to her as I opened my locker and put my books away.

“Hey.” I heard someone say as I looked past my locker and scowled inside.

“Hi.” I mumbled annoyed.

“What’s up?” he asked to me and I wanted to say something sarcastic but bit my tongue.

“Obviously school just ended, so I’m going home.” I replied and he nodded.

“Oh…” he said to me and I nodded in monotone.

“You’re from California right?” he asked me and I nodded once more.

“Yes.” I replied.

“Well how do you like it here?” he asked curiously as he leaned against the locker next to me while he tried to be cute. I only laughed inside and looked at him. He was the typical boys I saw at my old school. Charming, cute, and only wanting one thing. Let’s see how he likes this.

“Well to be completely honest, I hate it.” I said to him simply as he kind of frowned while I smiled.

“You don’t like it at all?”

“Nope. Now if you’ll excuse me I have a funeral to plan.” I said to him as slammed my locker shut and walked away from him as he still stood there confused while I grinned inside.

Boys are so dense sometimes…
~~

“How did school go love?” my mom asked me as I rolled my eyes as I put my dish in the sink and washed it off.

“Absolutely a dream mom. I had so much fun.” I said sarcastically.

“You’ll get used to it.” she smiled as I shook my head and went into my room and shut the door, happy to be by myself for just one moment. Parents really do not understand sometimes… I took a deep breath before turning on my meditating music and counting all the purses I had in my head, it always calmed me down.

“Chanel, Versace, Prada, Coach.” I smiled as I took a deep breath and decided I needed to talk to my savior…badly.

“You better be on bitch.” I said to myself as I logged onto my computer and smiled as I saw Kristina was on. I hit video chat and smiled when she accepted. I made sure the cam was working properly. Thank goodness for Geek Squad.

“Sweetie!” she yelled as we both saw each other on cam.

“Oh my Gosh Nina, I’ve never needed you so bad, today was terrible, and I made an-” I trailed off when I saw something moving in the background.

“What is that behind you?” I asked curiously.

“N-Nothing.” she stuttered as I raised an eyebrow and gagged when I saw who it was.

“Damn it Sean, put pants on!” I whined as Sean blushed and slipped his pants on.

“You know you want it.” I heard him say in the back as Kristina rolled her eyes.

“How is there? I see your room…it’s uh….well it’s…purple.” she smiled, I assumed it was her way of looking at the bright side of the fact that my room looked like shit compared to hers. I longed for my balcony to be back with me.

“Oh here? Yeah, I thought talk to you and tell you how much I love you and you’re my best friend, but this is the last time we’ll be speaking to each other, I’m going to go on a murder spree, and I might be on the run for a while. I love you.” I teased as she shook her head.

“Yeah right, you hate blood.” she said rolling her eyes as I nodded in defeat.

“Good point.” I put in.

“Is it that bad?” she asked softly and I looked at her nodding.

“Everyone hates me! I only have one friend and he’s kind of a nerd, but it’s better than nothing….and I have an enemy!” I shouted.

“You always have an enemy.” she sighed.

“But this girl is different!” I whined.

“She’s all country looking and has green evil eyes. I swear she looked like the evil version of Carrie Underwood.” I replied and she chuckled as she took a sip of her Jamba Juice…I groaned at her.

“I so hate you right now.” I told her and she giggled as she put it to the side so I couldn’t see it.

“I’m sorry! If it helps, the school here misses you. Maybe I can convince them to raise some money for your return.” she asked and I smiled as I nodded.

“At least I know someone cares for me. I don’t know if I’m going to survive here.” I frowned.

“It’ll be okay, you just go to stick it out. I mean everyone might not like you, but you have to prove to them you don’t care. Eventually they’ll get over it. There’s not any cute boys?” she asked curiously.

“No…” I put in, not wanting to mention to her about Nick and his damn staring problem.

“Oh…well you never know.” she said comfortingly.

“I hate it here Nina. I want to be back in California…with you.” I whined.

“Well I want you back to, right Sean?” she asked. Silence…

“Right Sean?” she asked again more firmly.

“Yeah.” I heard someone say lazily as I shook my head.

“Thanks Sean.” I replied sarcastically.

“Anytime.” he said smiling and then disappearing as she giggled.

“It’s amazing you guys hated each other and now you’re like in love.” I sighed.

“What can I say? Love works in mysterious ways.” she smirked as Sean kissed her cheek.

“Yeah….but I’ll admit I still hate her.” Sean teased.

“Sean!” she gasped.

“I’m just kidding God.” he said rolling his eyes.

“Well I still hate you so there.” she retorted.

“Fine.” he said.

“Fine.” she repeated.

“I’m leaving!” he shouted.

“If you’re going to go, remember to put your pants on.” she smirked as he blushed.

“Shup.” he replied and she shook her head.

“Wow….you guys.” I said plainly as she smiled.

“I know isn’t it amazing?” she said dreamily as I shook my head.

“Earth to Kristina.” I said to her and she shook her head.

“Anyways…like I told you, just keep your head up. You’re a Cali princess for crying out loud, nothing gets you down. I mean nothing.” she said pointing her finger at me and even if it was through the computer screen, I still felt it.

“I know.” I sighed.

“Damn right.” she retorted as I smiled.

“Thanks for being my therapist.” I replied.

“Of course, now send me 200 dollars and I’ll be happy to service you.” she teased and I shook my head.

“Suck my imaginary dick.” I smiled at her and she giggled.

“Eww!” Sean shouted.

“Don’t be jealous cause mine’s bigger Sean.” I told him and he stuck his tongue out and mocked me like a child.

“Babe!” he whined and whispered something in her ear as she giggled and blushed.

“We all ready did that twice.” she whispered.

“Please? One more time?” he asked her and she look at him before nodding and then back at me.

“Sorry nature calls. I’ll talk to you later. I loooooooove you!” she said blowing me a raspberry as I shook my head.

“Yeah I love you too. Enjoy your sex, bye.” I teased before closing the video and sighing as I got up from my chair and falling down on my bed. Everything seemed so distorted and out of place. I closed my eyes and let the music take over as I sighed once more. I groaned and put my head in my hands and yelled as I wondered why the hell I couldn’t get Nick’s face out of my mind, that asshole….that kind of cute asshole…wait what?

God must really hate me…
Sign up to rate and review this story