Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > It's Time

From Death and Hate rise Love and Life

by danikarules14 0 reviews

After Jake and Cienna are taken back to Draco Island, the truth of their 1000 year relationship is tested.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-04-25 - Updated: 2010-04-25 - 2461 words - Complete

0Unrated
Jake's POV

"Can you tell me where I can find Cienna Long?" Students had to use their trainer's last names instead of their own here, lucky for me Gramps and I share the same last name so I don't have to worry about confusion. Since Cienna doesn't remember hers there isn't much confusion either. The woman at the floor's reception desk looked up at me through small glasses, I changed into my regular clothes, the receptionists won't tell me anything if I look like a kid from the crazy wing. There were a few people on my wing but it was mostly those who suffered nervous breakdowns. It's depressing. She checked her computer and quickly came upon the right entry

"Room 157" She pointed towards the elevators, "Go down to the first second floor and take a right. follow the signs to the Trauma observations unit, if you have any trouble just ask the floor nurse" She smiled at me warmly, There were a lot of people in the Trauma observation units, mainly from severe injury or magical manipulation, we deal with injury really well but sometimes the injury is too significant, luckily most make it out of there after a few weeks. I walked over to the elevators, someone's gonna notice me if I take the elevator. I took the stairs. I came to the floor and turned right, without any help I found room 157. You're just here to see if she's OK, just see and go back to your room.

I wedged through the the partially closed door and peeked around the small wall that blocked passersby from seeing directly into the room. It was a semi-private room, the curtain was drawn in the middle and I could see her bag underneath the bed, I concluded she was asleep so I crept over to her bed while trying not to wake her roomate. I got to her side of the room and pulled the curtain closed. She had a big bandage on her shoulder and a few small scrapes on her face, her rusty-brown hair was tangled and unkept. I sat on her bed and took her hand (from the good arm of course) and started to wake her up. She wasn't on any sedatives so it wasn't hard to get her awake.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked when she looked at me, she looked really tired and miserable from being bedridden, she's not much for sitting around...neither of us are.

"I've been better, how about you? Where have you been?" She smiled, we lowered our voices when we heard stirring from the other end of the room.

"They wanted to watch me for awhile so I've been upstairs" I half explained to her, "Does Gramps or Fu visit you at all?" They visited me a couple of times but I was drugged out of my mind from the sedatives for the past I-don't-know-how-long and don't remember much, my mom and Haley visited a few times (I think they're coming back today) and Trixie and Spud were on the island for interrogation so they dropped by everyday to see how we were doing.

"Ya, they visit almost everyday. Trixie and Spud stop by too-" She reached up and started to mess with my hair which I never got to brush, "Your hair is a mess!"

"Yours isn't much better" I teased, I let her play in my hair for a few minutes until she deemed it decent. I tied her hair back in a ponytail with an elastic I found, since she was crippled she couldn't fix it herself. I didn't mind.

"We did it. The Dark Dragon's gone, we don't have to fight anymore! We can actually live! And when we die... we don't have to worry about coming back, we can rest." It was weird hearing those words, and they were from my own mouth! Her smile disappeared into a line of thought as if trying to remember what happened that night and that it wasn't a complete dream created by the drugs, I had to think about it too.

"We did do it! That wasn't that hard" She joked, she was right, once we knew what we had to do it wasn't as hard as we anticipated.

I watched her for a minute, She was sitting up now and had shuken off the restlessness. You'd think that it would be easy to ask someone whom you've known for over a century out on a date, it's not. I've always loved her (well, after I found out she wasn't my sister when I was ten) but I never really got around to telling her how I felt since our lives revolved around killing my father, now here we are sitting together finally free to live our own lives and become what we never had the chance to before... Teenagers, Business people, Parents, senior citizens!!

"There are more though." She said slightly saddened. That's right, the dirty baker's dozen as Fu called it.

"That's OK, we'll get through it together" I reassured, after all we need each other now. Paired Dragons tend to get hurt more without their partners and have a lower success rate than when they're together.

Cienna's POV

You'd think it would be easy to tell the person you've loved for about a thousand years, how you feel about them, it's hard. For all I know he's still in love with that Rose chick.

We sat there smiling like idiots, we did it! We finally did it! My hand felt warm in his, I started to blush and he blushed in response. I looked down, away from his soft, deep brown-almost black eyes, why is this so hard?! How come I'm like this now?! It's not like you've never been alone with him or he's never touched you before (a/n keep it clean guys). The silence was almost painful, I could feel my cut bleed a bit from the raise in blood pressure. I looked up to say something to break the quiet and saw Jake lean towards me, holy crap holy crap!!

He hesitated for a second and then our lips met. I leaned in to the kiss and felt a sharp shoot up the side of my neck, I gasped at the sudden pain and he broke off the kiss before I could do anything else, a new kind of pain set in. Great going Stupid! I looked up remorsefully at Jake who stared concernedly back at me,

"I'm sorry, I-" I started

"Take two?" he interrupted, what?! I nodded and gave a flustered smiled, he pushed my shoulders back so that I had my back resting on the now elevated hospital bed and scooted closer up the mattress. He leaned in once again and his mouth closed over my own, his hand was pressed lightly on my shoulder preventing me from moving forward and his other supported his weight, I reached up and placed my hand on his cheek while my lips moved with his. When the kiss was over, he sat up and looked tenderly into my eyes,

"By the way... wanna go out?" he grinned, his grin was lopsided and but was easily the cutest and my favorite. I smiled back,

"I'd like that" I replied. He stood up,

"I should get going before Nurse Nut comes to find me." he joked, he leaned down and kissed my forehead before exiting my room. I leaned back and tried to go over what just happened, I heard the door creak as Jake left the room. The curtain next to me pulled back to reveal my roommate Sharyn

"He's cute!" Sharyn exclaimed. I grabbed the novel Fu brought for me and started reading, still in my reverie of the past 15 minutes.

Gramps'POV

I walked down the corridor of the Trauma observation wing leading Councilors Kulkulkan and Andam to Cienna's room (Kulkulkan was to talk to Cienna and Andam was to talk to Jake). We walked in with a nurse who was going to wake her up and found Cienna sitting up in bed reading a book Fu had brought for her the other day, her rommate was flicking uninterestedly through the hospital's array of mid-day talk shows and soap operas.

"Good day Ms. Long..." Students were referred to by their Master's last name but kept their given names. Cienna liked it because it gave her an identity

She looked up warily at Councilor Kulkulkan who pulled up a wheelchair to her bed, obviously not wanting her roommate to hear what she had to say.

"...May we speak a moment?" he asked politely, she looked at me and I nodded encouragingly. She popped herself out onto the wheelchair and grabbed a blanket as he wheeled her out of the room. I turned to Councilor Andam,

"I'll lead you to my grandson now" I turned and headed to the elevators to take us to the third floor.

When we got to the top I led him to Jake's room. When we entered, Jake was flushed and out of breath and looked as though he had just ran laps around the building, a nurse came running in after us.

"I saw you you little brat! Running off to God knows where-!" she cut herself off when she saw us standing a few feet from the door, Jake was playing innocent (he played it well) but I knew that he would eventually get tired of sitting around the psych ward, I know I would.

"You're excused Mrs. Delruse, I need to talk to him alone please." Councilor Andam spoke out, Jake appreciated the ticket out I'm sure. When she left he turned to Jake.

"I need to speak to you about the previous days events." Councilor Andam said serious and to the point. Jake's face became very solemn

"I did what I had to do to protect the magical community. I killed Chang in self defense, you can't hold that against me." His voice was low and sober.

The council went over and discussed each statement of that nights happenings and concluded that Jake and Cienna had killed the Dark Dragon and Chang out of self defense and are going to be recognized for their service.

Cienna's POV

The next day, Jake came back to my room with Gramps, Fu, Trixie and Spud.

"Hey, Cienna. How you feeling today?..." Jake walked in followed by our friends. He noticed I was wearing my normal clothes and he gave me a quizzical look. "...What's with the civvies?"

"I'm feeling better, thank you. I asked for my clothes and I kinda made a big deal so they let me put them on." I told them, they laughed. Spud sprawled out on the empty bed where my ex-roomate had stayed (she was moved this morning), Gramps sat on a nearby chair, Fu climbed up on the bed and sat next to me, Trixie sat at the foot of my bed and Jake was leaning against the wall next to the window to my left.

"Yo, check it." Trixie started, she reached over for Jake's green backpack and nearly ripped it off his shoulders, "We thought that you'd get tired of eating dead people food so we brought you some of the real stuff." She dumped the contents of the bag on the bed, there were cookies, chocolate bars and bags of chips.

"Sweet! Thanks guys!" I said, awkwardly ripping into a bag of salt and vinegar chips. Soon everyone was picking from the pile of junk, even Gramps got himself a bag of pretzels. We talked for a while and then the room turned quiet, Gramps got up and shoed Trixie from her spot on the bed.

"We talked to the Council about a potion to help you regain your memory and they approved it." he said, there was a long pause. I looked at Jake who stood watching me emotionless, dragons are masters at deception Gramps had told me once. Was something wrong?

"OK, sounds good. When do we get it or use it or whatever?" I asked, afraid now of the answer.

"There is one possible drawback to using this potion though" Gramps warned me. "You may not remember anything that happened after your earliest memory." he explained, what?!

"You might not remember you ever having your dragon powers, ever meeting us, anything about your past lives or even killing the Dark Dragon." Jake clarified.

"I might not or I will not?" I asked firmly,

"There is a small chance that you won't remember anything but a larger chance of having holes in your memory." Fu filled in. Do I really want to take that chance? So much has happened over the past month and I don't want to forget any of it, especially this past week. Gramps got up and signalled everyone to clear out of the room,

"We'll give you time to think." Gramps said closing the door, Jake was still in the room with me. He looked at me

"You should do it." he encouraged

"I don't know, Jake. I can't risk losing everything-"

"You've already lost 14 years of your life, that's everything. You can regain this past month over time but 14 years might take you the rest of your life to recover." He seemed so sure of himself, I was jealous. He sat on the bed next to me and took my hand

"Look at me." I didn't want to, I didn't want to do this no matter how much I wanted to remember my life. He tilted my chin to face him,

"Do it, you'll remember. If you forget then we'll help you, I'll help you but you have to try." he pulled me towards him and hugged me close, cautious of my shoulder.

"You'll be fine. You can't know where you're going if you don't know where you're from, and hundreds of years ago doesn't count." He added. I felt safe in his decision for me, that's what we need sometimes, someone to make the decision for us.

"OK" I whispered, he kissed my forehead and stood up.

"I'll go get Gramps and the potion." he stated and left. What am I getting myself into?

OOOOOOh, SNAP! What's gonna happen? I'M NOT TELLING YOU!! I guess you're gonna have to read.

Soo that kiss was something, eh? It was awkward to write at first because I don't really write kissy stuff but I think it turned out OK but that's just my opinion. The story is almost over and I'm sad to see it go... :') they grow up so fast!! I'm gonna have to brain storm on new ideas... OH! I got one, YES!!

Peace out home skillets!!
Sign up to rate and review this story