Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Midnight-An Epic Love Story?

The Prom-Part One

by SmashAuthority2 4 reviews

Too much going on to summarize, it's exciting though....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Parody,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-04-27 - Updated: 2010-04-27 - 2361 words - Complete

5Exciting
The last chapter is finally here! But it was so long and so much was going on I chopped it into two parts.

I am released from the hospital a week later, my parting gifts are a pair of crutches which make excellent weapons, believe me. Gerard accompanies me home with my dad who I have to say has taken quite a shine to him. I gaze at Gerard in the backseat and he smiles back warmly, he didn't leave my side for a second since my hospital stay giving me no opportunity to speak with Jacob alone. I wonder if it was intentional or just his love for me?

When we make it home, Gerard has no choice but to leave. It would look weird if he spent too much time with me, after all, we are just "friends". After he has gone I hobble to my room to change my clothes. My phone rings just as I'm buttoning up my shirt.

"Hello?" I perch uncomfortably on my bed and try to ignore the stupid itch that is taunting me underneath my bandaged leg.

"Hey, it's Jacob."

I brighten immediately. "Hi!"

"How are you doing?" he asks, sounding tense.

"Good. I escaped from the hospital," I joke, trying to lighten his bad mood.

"Where's your stalker?" he sniffs.

"If by "stalker" you mean my boyfriend Gerard, he's gone home," I reply tersely.

"So someone surgically removed him from your side then?" His voice drips with sarcasm which I find quite annoying.

"He saved my life," I argue. My previous happiness at hearing his voice is rapidly evaporating.

"Yeah, right after endangering it," he retorts.

"I'd be dead if it wasn't for him," I tell him brutally.

He goes silent for a second. "He's a danger to you, Stella," he finally says in a softer voice.

"No, he's not," I argue, stubbornly. "I love him, he loves me, there's nothing you can do or say that will change that."

"Fine," he sighs regretfully. "Then I guess this is the end of our friendship."

"What?!" I yelp, not believing what I'm hearing.

"I said we can't be friends if you're going to continue to allow that thing to destroy your life," he says remorsefully. "I can't bear to stand back helplessly and watch that happen."

"But you're my friend," I protest childishly.

"I wish we could be more then that-much more," he says, the yearning evident in his voice. "But that's obviously never going to happen-well, unless someone offs the bloodsucker," he adds hopefully.

I think wildly of something, anything to say so he will change his mind, but nothing comes to me. Instead, I hold the phone like an idiot and stare blankly at the wall.

"But I need you." I choke out the words with great difficulty.

"You don't need me, you have him," he says quietly. His voice is full of all the pain I am currently feeling in my heart and I suddenly want to cry.

"Please," I whisper. "Don't do this."

A little voice in my head is telling me I am being selfish, that wanting both Gerard and Jacob in my life is just plain greedy, but I can't help it, I love Gerard and care deeply for Jacob, even if I can't return his feelings of love. Jacob is the only one who understands and cares about my crazy problems. I honestly don't know what I'd do without him.

"I'll always look after you, Stella, even if you can't see me. I'll never let them hurt you," he says.

"You're hurting me now," I accuse tearfully, "by taking your friendship away."

I hear him sigh on the other line. "I have to go now."

"Wait! Please don't...." The line goes dead before I can finish my sentence.

The phone slips from my hand and I lie back on my bed feeling like I have lost my best friend.

*
The day of the prom comes by in the blink of an eye, not that I'm bothered. After my call with Jacob I have been in a state of depression-something Gerard picked up on immediately. He never asked why I was so down but I suspect he knows all about my conversation with Jacob, maybe his psychic brother filled him in. Since that day Gerard has been in a great mood and has tried relentlessly to cheer me up also.

I mean, I know this is what Gerard wanted, for Jacob to be out of the picture for good, but still, I miss him. I didn't know I would feel his absence this much. Not even the thought of going to the prom with Gerard brings a smile to my face. After all, I hate dancing. In fact, I hate the students...hell, I hate everyone right now.

"There! All done!" squeals Frank putting the finishing touches to my face.

He has been helping me get ready for my date with Gerard. He even helped me into my midnight blue dress. When I protested about him seeing me in my underwear he simply rolled his eyes and told me I didn't have the right "plumbing" to interest him.

I open my eyes to look in the mirror only to gasp in shock not believing the beautiful girl staring back is actually me.

"Wow, Frank," I breath. "You're good."

"I know, I know," he giggles looking pleased with himself. "I'm a genius."

I nod. "Yeah, if you can make me look good..."

"Hey!" He wags a finger sternly at me. "There will be none of that talk. You are a deliciously beautiful girl. If I wasn't so gay I'd totally be all over you."

I laugh and shake my head. "Thank you," I whisper and give him a hug.

He squeezes me gently. "It was my pleasure."

He releases me and wipes fake tears away from his face. "Now go on and enjoy yourself like all those other horny teenagers!"

"Will I see you at the prom?" I wonder.

"Hell yeah. We've got a surprise for you," he winks.

"Tell me," I plead, batting my lashes at him.

"That only works on Gerard," He laughs.

"Pretty please?" I implore.

He shakes his head. "Uh uh, you'll have to wait."

"Fine," I sigh and peck him on the cheek.

I slowly make my way downstairs. I'm out of my cast but my leg still feels weird after being stiff for so long. I can't believe how fast the weeks have flown by-and how long it's been since I last spoke to Jacob.

Gerard is waiting to greet me at the bottom with a smile on his handsome face. He is looking so gorgeous in his black tux I lose concentration and almost trip and fall down the stairs. He grabs my wrist though, lifts me off the last step and places me carefully on the ground.

"You should watch where you're going," he frowns.

"Yeah? And you shouldn't be so good looking, it's a hazard to my health," I reply snootily.

He rolls his eyes and kisses me lightly on my lips. "How are you feeling today?" he asks with concern after he pulls away.

I look away quickly. "Fine." I really don't want to discuss Jacob right now.

"Are you sure?" he presses.

"Yes," I reply, trying to hide my pain. "I'm fine, trust me."

My dad walks in with a camera and starts clicking away like some deranged paparazzi dude. It's been two weeks since I finally let him know Gerard is my boyfriend. He wasn't surprised at all, in fact, he said if Gerard and I weren't dating he would have assumed that Gerard was an obsessed stalker of mine and would have had to "take him out".

"Don't worry, honey. I'm a cop, I can get away with stuff like that," he assured me after he mistook my amusement for concern on his behalf.

It takes me ten minutes to shake dad off, I swear, he takes about 5 million pictures of me looking mildly pissed with him. Finally I am able to drag Gerard through the front door and away from my him.

The journey to school is a quiet one. Gerard tries to make conversation and I give him half-hearted replies. I feel bad as it's like I'm neglecting him but I can't seem to get Jacob out of my head.

"Hello?" he says waving a hand in my face.

I stare at him blankly. "What?"

"Never mind," he sighs.

"I'm sorry. I promise to give you my full attention," I tell him. I mean it as well.

"I was saying you look beautiful," he says softly.

"Thanks," I blush. "You look amazing too."

"Aaah, it's just something I threw together," he shrugs nonchalantly.

"Show off," I mutter under my breath.

"I heard that," he says with a raised eyebrow.

"Good," I sniff.

He smiles at me and I return it, it doesn't feel forced this time. "We're here," he announces and parks the car.

He gets out super quickly and is on my side opening my door in a head spinning amount of time. "Show off," I repeat as he helps me out.

"Here I am being all gentlemanly and there you are being as impertinent as ever," he says ruefully.

"What the heck does "impertinent" mean?" I demand, thinking it sounds like a problem a man might have.

"Google it," he replies with a cheeky smirk.

"I will," I say fiercely. "And then you'll be in trouble."

"Can't wait," he chuckles.

He places his hand on my lower back and guides me indoors. Thanks to some jackass the theme is "Saturday Night Fever" which is just tragic. I have to say whoever decorated the place certainly went mad.

I look around in disgust at the many shiny silver disco balls hanging from the ceiling and the garish gold and silver banners draped over every available wall. I seriously want to puke. The centre of the hall has been converted into a dance floor like in the movie and a stage has been set up for whatever lame band has been chosen for this equally lame occasion. Even the students look dead on their feet. I actually catch a guy fast asleep in the corner with an furious looking girl-probably his date, by his side. I don't really blame him though, the atmosphere is dull. I hope someone spikes the drinks to bring this party to life.

The only silver lining in this crappy little cloud is the fact I am here with Gerard. Oh well, I'll just have to spend the majority of my time making out with him.

"Stella!" I hear the familiar screech that can only belong to Chase behind me. He careers towards us at full speed dressed in a John Travolta style white suit. "Are you okay, angel?" he gasps coming to a stop in front of me. "I heard about your accident. Man, are you clumsy!"

"I'm fine, thanks," I reply, squinting my eyes. His suit is blinding.

"Good. Oh, hey Gerard," he says shyly. "You look fabulous."

"Thanks," replies Gerard, who isn't really paying any attention to him. "Shall we dance?" he asks me suddenly.

"Erm...yeah?" I reply cautiously. "I'm not very good at it though," I inform him.

"Don't worry. You'll be fine," he assures me.

He takes my hand and leads me to the floor where 70's song is playing. "This song sucks," I pout.

He pulls me closer to him. "Then don't pay any attention to it. In fact, forget about them all, it's just you and me here," he whispers.

I shiver and gaze into his eyes, they are all I can see. "I love you," I blurt out without thinking. It's amazing how he can get me to do stuff like that just by looking at me.

"Not as much as I love you."

His sincerity gives me the courage to continue. "I want to spend eternity with you," I tell him.

"What do you mean?" he asks slowly, cautiously. I suspect he knows what I'm hinting at.

I take a deep breath. I have been thinking about this over the past few weeks ever since Ava kidnapped me. "I want to be...like you," I tell him, unable to actually say the word "Vampire".

He stares at me intently for a long time with anger blazing clearly in his eyes. I look away nervously. "No," he says with resolution.

"But why?" I protest, turning to face him. "It's the perfect idea. We could be together forever. Literally."

"I said no," he snaps, then continues in a gentler voice. "I won't allow it."

"So you're saying you don't want to spend forever with me?" I challenge.

"That's not what I said," he replies looking upset.

"I want to be with you always. The only way I can do that is if I'm one of you," I say.

"So, you want to be a monster?" he growls.

"You are anything but a monster," I reply heatedly.

"I think many people would disagree with you."

"I don't care what anyone else thinks, but I know what I want."

"No," he says through gritted teeth.

"Fine. If you won't do it, don't, but I don't think Frank would have a problem turning me."

"If he values his second life he won't dare," he hisses and I know I have pissed him off, but I forge ahead regardless.

"Maybe Mikey will bite me if I ask him?" I wonder.

Gerard narrows his eyes and lets go of me. He takes a deep, calming breath whilst clenching and unclenching his fists.

"There will be no more discussion on the subject tonight, Stella," he says finally in such a hard voice I know it would be best to back off for now.

"Fine. We won't discuss it anymore tonight," I agree, and take a step closer to him tentatively.

He takes me into his arms again and we sway to our own, private music. I rest my head on his chest fully determined I will get my way in the end.

Part Two coming up soon....
Sign up to rate and review this story