Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Midnight-An Epic Love Story?

The Patient

by SmashAuthority2 4 reviews

Stella wakes up in the hospital feeling like...well, like she was attacked by a vampire..

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Parody,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-04-21 - Updated: 2010-04-21 - 1651 words - Complete

4Exciting
I wake up groggily to find myself connected to about a million different machines, which is just freaky. My leg is heavily bandaged and my chest feels like someone is sitting on it but at least I'm alive.

I wriggle my fingers a little and blink to clear my vision. "You're awake," a soft voice says on my right.

"Gerard?" I whisper.

I turn my head and he is sitting in a chair watching me. He looks awful, there are dark circles under his eyes and his skin is almost a sickly pale color, yet he still seems beautiful to me.

He gets up and comes to sit beside me, being careful not to touch me which I don't understand at all. I sense something is wrong, the sombre look on his face doesn't help matters much.

"What's wrong?" I ask when he doesn't speak.

"What's wrong?" he repeats in disbelief. Look at you, Stella. You are lying in a hospital, and I am responsible."

"What?" I whisper, it's all I can do at the moment, I'm afraid. "You're not responsible. In fact, you're the one who saved me."

"I brought danger upon you, Stella," he says gravelly. "If it wasn't for me, Ava would never have come after you." He closes his eyes and rubs his temples wearily.

"But you did rescue me," I argue.

"I was almost too late," he whispers in an agonized tone.

"Gerard, stop it," I say, I mean, whisper, firmly. "I'm alive aren't I?"

His eyes take on a fierce look. "Yes, but barely. This is not how I want to see you." He points to my bandaged leg.

"Broken bones heel, Gerard," I inform him. "Humans aren't that lame."

"I just don't ever want to see you like that again," he whispers looking distraught. "To walk in and see her choking you like that..." His hand clenches into a fist and he glares at the wall.

seeing how upset he is I take the opportunity to change the subject. "What happened to her?"

"Frank and Bob," he replies with a glint in his hazel eyes.

I want to ask him what he means by that but he leans in super quickly before I can and plants a kiss gently on my lips. The monitor next to me starts beeping crazily the instant our lips meet but I'm not really bothered. He, on the other hand, pulls away with a smile on his face.

"Kiss me some more," I demand weakly.

He shakes his head. "I'm sorry, Stella. I don't want to get you too excited."

"I'm not excited at all," I protest. "Kiss me and I'll prove it."

He obliges reluctantly and draws closer to me. As I gaze into his eyes the stupid machine
goes mad again and he pulls back. "Nope, not gonna happen."

"You are so mean," I complain.

"You should rest." He strokes my hair and I close my eyes dreamily.

"Are you tired?" he asks quickly, seeing my reaction.

"No, I just like what you're doing," I sigh.

He chuckles then snatches his hand away abruptly. "Your father is on his way here."

My eyes fly open. "What?! What am I supposed to tell him?"

"The official story is you tripped down a flight of stairs and went flying through a window."

My mouth drops open. "For real? And people are actually buying that?"

He flashes me a dazzling smile. "We can be pretty persuasive when we want to be."

I gape at him like an adoring puppy and he raises an eyebrow. "Stella, It'd be better if you erased that love-struck look off your lovely face."

I compose myself on the pillow and try to look like I'm in pain. It's not too difficult. "What about my mom?"

"She went back to her hotel because you were still unconscious."

I nod and watch him as he resumes his seat by the window. "So, you met my dad?"

"Yes," he replies. "I told him we are friends."

"I'll tell him about us as soon as I'm out of the hospital," I promise. I've been meaning to do it but something always comes up. Plus, what exactly am I supposed to tell the old man anyway? "Hey, dad, I'm dating a vampire. But don't worry, he won't suck my blood cause he's a vegetarian?"

"In your own time, Stella."

"He'll probably flip out," I mutter.

"Well, the impression I got when I was reading his thoughts was that he appreciates me bringing his only child to the hospital," he laughs quietly. "He also thinks I look a bit like a serial killer-albeit a good looking one."

"My dad thinks everyone's a serial killer. It's part of his job."

Suddenly Gerard's eyes narrow darkly. "Your father is not alone," he tells me stiffly. "He is being joined by the dog."

I assume he means Jacob. "Jacob is here?" I cannot keep the excitement out of my voice.

Gerard nods and leans into the chair, closing his eyes. "What are you doing?" I inquire.

"Pretending to be asleep," he mutters and goes still.

The door bursts open and in walks my stressed looking dad and an angry looking Jacob. "Stella!" my dad cries in a strangled voice. "You're awake!" He rushes over to me and pretty much collapses on top of me.

"Um, dad?" I gasp. "You're kinda crushing me." He removes himself immediately and apologizes.

"I'm so glad to see you're okay, honey. I was so worried." His eyes are watery and he looks like he hasn't slept in months. I'm touched by his concern.

"I'm fine," I insist.

"You don't look fine," grumbles Jacob from the corner of the room where he is standing and glowering at Gerard's pretend sleeping form.

"You nearly gave me and your mom a heart attack," continues my dad, oblivious to Jacob's fury.

"Sorry."

"You don't have anything to be sorry about, Stella," says Jacob. "You are not responsible for your state."

I see Gerard stiffen in his seat. "What do you mean, son?" asks my dad in confusion.

"What I mean is," he continues in an forced even tone. "If she wasn't so clumsy none of this would have happened."

My dad laughs. "You got that right. She inherited that from her mother, you know. Which reminds me, I have to go make a call." Before he leaves the room he indicates towards Gerard. "He hasn't left your side since you got here." He smiles and walks out, leaving the three of us alone.

The thought of having Gerard and Jacob in the same room makes me break out into a sweat. As soon as the door closes Gerard is on his feet. "What are you doing here, dog?" he spits.

"I'm here to see what damage you've done to her," Jacob replies acidly.

Gerard hisses and takes a step closer to him. "Guys? Guys?" I look from one to the other helplessly. "Chill out, please."

As usual they ignore me. "Leave now," orders Gerard coldly.

"Make me," smirks Jacob.

"It'll be my pleasure."

"Stop!" I shout as best as I can.

"I knew I should have taken you out when I had the chance."

Gerard opens his arms wide. "I'm giving you the chance now. Take your best shot."

Jacob growls and looks as if he is about to pounce. Out of the blue I have an ingenious brainwave. I pretend I'm in excruciating pain-it's the only thing that's going to stop these lunatics from fighting. "Oh," I moan. "It hurts so bad!" I squirm around on the bed and just as I thought Gerard is by my side in a flash.

"Where does it hurt?" he asks me anxiously.

"Should I get a doctor?" asks Jacob fearfully.

I stop wriggling. "No. I was faking it."

The room goes silent. "That was out of line, Stella," snaps Gerard in irritation.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" demands Jacob.

"Me?" I cry. "What's wrong with the two of you? I'm lying here recovering from a failed murder attempt and all you two can do is fight?" I try to glare at them but it's kind of hard as it hurts to move my neck.

"Sorry." They both apologize at the same time and the room is silent for a while.

"Look, Stella. I can see this isn't the best time to talk," begins Jacob. "I'll come back later. When you're alone." He boldly leans over and kisses me softly on my forehead.

Gerard grips his hands on the sheets and looks away angrily. "See you later," he whispers before walking out.

"I really wish you two would stop fighting," I sigh when he has gone.

"I really wish you would stop talking to him," Gerard shoots back.

I close my eyes in exhaustion. Keeping them from ripping each other to pieces has taken a lot out of me.

"You need to rest," he says firmly. "I'll sedate you myself if I have to."

"Gerard," I mummer, as he gets off the bed. "Stop worrying"

"You need to get better if I am to take you to the prom," he says lightly.

"The prom?" I hate social gatherings.

"Yes. Have you forgotten? It's coming up soon," he reminds me.

I look at him with one eye. "And you'll take me?"

"I'm not going to let anyone else take you," he replies with a hint of danger.

I yawn. "Okay," I mumble. "Can't wait." I am barely awake now. I wonder if he did sedate me somehow?

"Just sleep," he whispers. His voice is as soft and soothing as a lullaby and has a tranquilizer effect on me.

"Don't go anywhere," I manage to say.

"I won't," he promises. "I'll never leave your side."

Those are the comforting final words I hear before I fall into a deep sleep.

Only one chapter to go!!xx
Sign up to rate and review this story