Categories > Original > Drama > The Girls

First and Last

by ChaosRocket 0 reviews

The butterfly came first and the snake last.

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-05-01 - Updated: 2010-05-14 - 468 words

0Unrated
Des grabbed Faer by the shoulders and slammed her into the wall. As she held Faer against the wall with the weight of her body, Des pulled a knife from nowhere and quickly brought it to Faer's throat.

"My sister," Des hissed. Faer looked at her with fearful, rolling eyes.

"Des...I wouldn't..." started Faer. She was pressing her head back into the wall as much as she could. Her hands were thrown up beside her, palms out, as if in surrender.

"My sister!" screamed Des, the rage evident on her face.

Des pressed on the knife, and a trickle of blood ran from Faer's throat. The wound was not deep; it wouldn't leave a scar.

"I don't want to hurt her," said Faer helplessly.

"Of course you don't want to hurt her!" screamed Des. "That makes no difference! You won't purposefully try to hurt her, but you'll do whatever the hell you want, just like you always do! And if it happens to hurt her in the process, you'll be sorry later, but the damage will already have been done!"

Faer winced at her words, but then suddenly smiled maliciously. "You can't kill me," she said.

"I know that," said Des. "But she can. If you deactivate my Key, it could kill you."

Just as Des began to press the knife forwards a little more, she caught a flash of light in the corner of her eye.

"Dammit!" yelled Des. In one swift motion, she took the knife away from Faer's throat and forced it into the wall directly beside Faer's head. Growling at Faer, she left the knife suspended in the wall and turned to face the area where Ilu's body lay.

The butterfly plushie had been the source of the flash of light. Des had known this without having to look. The butterfly, still held close to Ilu's lifeless body, was now glowing weakly.

Faer and Iie were now looking at Ilu as well. Ilu was still in the sleep of death, but they all knew without knowing that the glow of the plushie was causing her sleep to be disturbed and restless.

"Well, this is all we need right now, isn't it?" Des spoke in a voice that was exasperated and world-weary.

"I'm not going to get involved in this," stated Iie. "You two deal with it."

Faer stepped away from the wall, rubbing at the wound on her throat.

"Of course we'll deal with it," said Faer. "Who else?"

"No, we won't deal with it," said Des fiercely. "You're an incompetent...I'll deal with it. Me. Stay out of this."

"Then I wish you luck, Tai," said Faer sincerely. "Our track record with this Key is not good."

"Fuck," said Des. "Yes, just what I need right now, on top of everything else."
Sign up to rate and review this story