Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Electric

Going with the flow

by xxplasticpearlsxx 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-05-12 - Updated: 2010-05-12 - 2071 words

0Unrated
I still could not believe what Gerard had said to me. I ate my whole enormous slice of pizza before I could say anything to him. I took a deep breath and finally looked at him. I stared at him for a minute and he smiled over at me.

“What are you going to do?” I asked straight to the point.
“You know exactly what I’m going to do. You and I both can’t deny there is something between us. Something I know for damn sure I have never felt with another woman.”

I nodded and looked away. That was nice to hear but for some reason I was a little bit hurt. Why I only met this man two days ago! I shook my head and took a sip of my soda as I finished it the waiter came over.

“Do you want a re-fill miss?”
No I just want to leave. I thought to myself. I just need to get away from him right now. Damn. I feel like I’m in middle school again this man has a strange control over me.
“Uhm no thanks”
“Are you ready for the check?”
“I am if he is” I said nodding my head over to Gerard and looking at him. The waiter turned and looked at him for the conformation.
“Uh, yes, the check please” Gerard said in an unsteady voice.
With that the waiter turned around to go fetch the check.
“Rachel I didn’t-”
I cut him off “I know its fine” I said not looking at him. I felt his eyes on me but couldn’t bring myself to look at him. He didn’t look away from me until the waiter came back.
“Do you want to split that?” I asked him
“No. I asked you out to lunch. I’ll pay.”
I nodded. After a minute we were ready to go. We walked out side and I dug my sunglasses out of my purse and threw them on. I turned and looked at Gerard. Even though I was upset and a little confused I couldn’t deny the feelings I was developing for this man. I guess I was a little bit scared too. It was so fast.
He shifted and looked down on me.

“I’m sorry.” He said
“I know but I have to go. I have a lesson plan to do for tomorrow. Thanks for lunch this place was wonderful.”
Gerard shook his head up and down and looked away.
“I’ll call you or something tomorrow okay?” he asked me.
“Sure but I’ll be at work until three.”
“Okay”
“Alright good bye Gerard” I said and turned away from him to make my way home.
“Bye” he said after me.

I got into my apartment and went sit at my desk. I stared down at my finished lesson plan and it made me feel bad but I just had to get away. Weird how the day turned out I think I’m just going to throw on my sweats and veg. the next thing I know my alarm is going off. I don’t even remember getting into my bed let alone turning the thing back on. I better hurry up and get going because I still don’t have coffee.

I was on my lunch break when I heard my alert beep go off.

Gerard: Hey, can we meet up later?”

I took a deep breath. I don’t know. I left the text and went back to my class room. I didn’t check it again until I got home and changed out of my work cloths. There was a text from Gerard.

Gerard: Rachel, please?
I looked out the window and saw the clouds turning dark.
Rachel: I don’t know it looks like there will be a storm”
Gerard: I’ll come to you.
For some reason I caved I felt the need to see him.
Rachel: fine come over to my place.
I gave him my address. I was flipping through channels when I heard two little knocks on the door. I slowly stood up and made my way over. I opened the door and looked up at Gerard. We just stood there for a minute looking at each other. Then I looked out side to see what kind of car he drove but there was nothing.
“Did you walk here?” I asked as I backed up and ushered him inside. The wind was really kicking up.
“Yes. It didn’t seem too far from where I’m staying so I hoofed it.”
I shrugged my shoulders and made my way back over to the sofa.
“Oh, you can sit” I said waving my hand over to the other side of the sofa and towards the arm chair so he knew he had options. He stood there for a moment just looking at me. I felt a little self conscious. I was sitting there in black yoga pants and a grey cotton tee shirt my hair thrown up in a hap hazard pony tail. I couldn’t help it. I blushed and he smiled. He sat at the other end of the sofa and leaned in to whisper in my ear.
“Hey there beautiful. Forgive me?”
I shivered and turned my head we were face to face. The look in his eyes could have made me say anything he wanted me to at that moment.
“Yes” I whispered.
He put his forehead to mine and put his right hand lightly on my neck.
“Thank you” he whispered back eyes still glued to mine.
BOOM! FLASH!
I jumped a little bit startled by the sound.
“Hey, hey, it’s okay.”
I smiled at Gerard and turned my head so I could see out the window. It was raining in sheets harder then I had ever seen it rain before. There was another bang and another flash and then the lights and TV cut off.
“Shit” I whispered as my eyes got wide to try and adjust to the sudden darkness of the room.
“Candles” I heard Gerard say.
“What?”
“Candles, we need candles do you have any?”
“Yeah there in the kitchen I’ll be right back.”
I slowly made my way into the kitchen started to look for my candle stash. I was reaching up on my tip toes to reach into a cabinet when I heard feet shuffling behind me. In the next moment I could feel Gerard’s body right behind mine. He put one of his hands on my hip and leaned his body over mine and easily reached into the cabinet.
I held my breath.
He brought down all of the candles and put them on the counter. We stayed the way we were. I moved slightly to place my feet flat on the ground. I heard a sharp intake of breath and felt a second hand on my other hip. Gerard moved his body closer to mine and bet down to talk into my ear.
“You have no idea what you do to me women.” He whispered and could feel the heat of his words on my ear. I closed my eyes he continued.
“It’s so strange this effect you have on me. I’ve never been so attracted to a woman so fast before” he said gripping my body a little tighter. I couldn’t speak. I took a deep breath.
“Gerard I feel the same way and I have to admit it scares me” I said in a smile voice. Before he answered me he kissed the side of my head. Goose Bumps.
“Don’t worry beauty. I want to take this as it comes. We won’t go any faster or slower then necessary. Let’s just go with the flow.”
I leaned my head back a bit. “I can go with the flow.”
He chuckled a little bit and I went for the candles. We brought them back into the living room and put them on my little table. Gerard reached into his pocket and pulled out his lighter. Once they were all lit we could finally see.
The storm raged on and on and I finally looked to Gerard.
“There is no way you’re walking home in this mess. Stay here?”
“That would be perfect” he said looking up and me from the scrabble board. I smiled at him.
“My turn?” I asked looking down at my letters.
“Mhm”
I threw some letters on the board. “I believe that give me ten points” I said writing my score on the little piece of scratch paper.
“That isn’t fair. You’re a teacher you teach words all day long, you must know better then me.” Gerard said scrunching up his face. I laughed.
“You chose the game!” I said still chuckling.
“Oh yeah I did.” He said smiling over at me.
We played every board game I owned along with the twenty questions game. You both get to ask a question and the person has to answer. So on and so forth until you run out of questions.
We ran through the norms like favorite color, vacation spot, food, and things like that. I also found out that Gerard has a younger brother. I told him that I too had a brother but he was older. We talked about our families a lot. Family was very important to the both of us. Gerard told me about his band and about his past. I told Gerard about mine also but mine wasn’t as exciting as his was. Just a plain Jane story about my childhood and what I’ve lived through so far as an adult nothing too crazy. We talked about favorite books and movies. Everything it seemed. We were interested in a lot of the same things but also didn’t see eye to eye on everything. We laughed a lot.
The candles were burning down and my body was cramped from sitting on the floor so long. I stood up and stretched and I could see Gerard watching my every movement. I looked over at the clock and was surprised to see it was past two o’clock in the morning.
“Time flies when you’re having fun” Gerard said as he stood up.
“I guess so” I said with a yawn. “Oh excuse me” I said “are you ready for bed?” I asked looking over at him. He yawned too and I took that as a yes. I bent down and grabbed a candle, walked over and grabbed him by the hand.
“Come on, you can sleep in my bed too, I really don’t like the thunder.” I guided us both by the light of the candle into my room. I put the candle on my night stand and pulled the pony tail holder out of my hair. I ran my hands through it and flattened it out then I pulled the blankets back. I turned and looked at Gerard he was just standing there watching me.
“Come on” I said getting in on my side. “Get comfortable and get in here.” He took a deep breath and took off his jeans. He was down to his boxers and tee shirt. My eyes were glued to him as he made his way around to the other side of the bed.
“Are you sure?” he asked quietly
“I’m sure there is no one else I would rather have here right now. Get in”
He pulled back his side of the covers and got in. I leaned over and blew out the flame of the candle we both shifted our bodies to get comfortable. He laid flat on his back and I took the opportunity to snuggle myself into his chest. I draped my arm over his chest and his arm snaked around my middle. We fit perfectly. There was a crash and I took in a sharp breath.
“I’m right here and I will be beside you until you fall asleep and when you wake in the morning” Gerard whispered and then kissed the top of my head.
“Good night Gerard.”
“Good night Rachel”
It didn’t take too long for me to fall asleep because after that the only thing I could hear was Gerard’s heart beat and his shallow intakes of breath.
Sign up to rate and review this story