Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > From Under The Cork Tree

Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued

by fobprincess179 0 reviews

Lyrics are in Italics

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-05-16 - Updated: 2010-05-16 - 413 words

0Unrated
“Hey Pete, where are you going?” Pete’s dirt caked sneakers stopped in their tracks once he heard a familiar voice from the living room. He turned his head so he was looking over his shoulder. “Britney, why are you awake? You should be sleeping.” Pete fully turned around to face his sister who was sitting on the couch. “So should you.” She reached for the lamp on the table beside her. White light flooded on the dark living room.


Pete squinted his eyes from the sudden brightness and finally saw Britney clearly. Her red top that didn’t even reach to her glittered belly button shimmered heavily under the light. She had a pillow resting against her legs so that the short skirt she wore didn’t reveal all. “Britney, why are you wearing mom’s makeup and heels?” Britney moved her feet to see the three inch heels. She shrugged. “Why are you up at 3 in the morning?” Pete asked, crossing his arms over his chest. She shrugged again. “I'm goona go to the same place you're going.”


“How do you know where I’m going?” He asked. She shrugged her shoulders again. Pete noting that it’s her favorite action. “I saw the club flyer on top of your dresser.” She told him. He sighed as he sat next to her. “I’m going to a club to promote my career. What the hell were you going to do?” Another shrug of the shoulders. “I don’t know. Dance. Meet guys. You know the usual.” His brown eyes were boring into hers. “You’re 15. You’re not supposed to have a ‘usual’.” His long fingers curled at the word usual. “But come on Pete! You’re a rockstar. That’s the best lifestyle ever. Why can’t you just share the wealth?”


Pete stood up chuckling and he put both hands on Britney’s cheeks. “Little sister, take my advice ‘cause we are bad news.” Britney rolled her eyes and the smirk on her face mimicked the one on her brother’s face. “New Lyric?” He nodded his smile still on his face. “But it doesn’t make it any less true.” He ran his thumbs through her closed eyelids, smudging her red eye shadow and eye liner. “Now go to sleep. Your makeup is ruined.” “Jerk.” She called out to Pete as he walked to the front door. “No,” he corrected her as he opened the door. “Bad news.”
Sign up to rate and review this story