Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender

Ozai's Reflection: Almost Easy

by Taurus3rockergirl 0 reviews

After the series, the former fire lord sits alone in his cell where he has time to think about what he's done and his feelings for Ursa rise to consume him in regret. Set to the song by A7X

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Zuko - Published: 2010-05-16 - Updated: 2010-05-17 - 333 words - Complete

0Unrated
I feel insane right now; I guess I have to make a compromise.

I've been reduced to nothing here and everything has been taken away from me; you above all.

I'm afraid that I'm stuck in my ways. All this time how could I have been so ignorant? Ignorant or insane, no I'm not insane.

How long did I really expect our love to overcome the dark I tried to keep you in? By what you did that night you caused me to force the scale to tip.

I'm not insane I'm not insane.

There's nothing I want more than you. I can sit here defeated and with my inner fire extinguished and all I want is you to come back to me. It's almost easy.

Tell me it's not almost easy to come back when I've been separated from the power that swallowed me; now I've been rid of the ideals that consumed my soul. I am abandoning all those things that kept me from you.

Now I'm alone and shame pulses through my heart from the things I've done to you.

It's so hard to face the face that stops by every now and then. He looks so like you, more and more every time I really look at him; except not there. Not where the visibility of how I've scarred his life comes through.

Every time I see our son I feel the extent of how I've betrayed you.

I know I'm selfish beneath the skin but deep inside I'm not insane.

I left you bound and tied with suicidal memories, and now you're gone and I don't know how I can bring you back.

Now that I've lost you it kills me to say I'm still holding on but you've long since slipped away. I've lost the fight, but I know I'm not insane and it's almost easy.

I'm not insane come back to me. Come back again, it's almost easy. It's almost easy, but I know it's not.
Sign up to rate and review this story