Categories > TV > Beauty and the Beast > A New Bond

Acclimation

by hobbeth 0 reviews

A woman comes into Vincent's life with a mystery of her own and possible answers to his. What is her relationship to him? WIP; please r&r

Category: Beauty and the Beast - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-04-23 - Updated: 2006-04-24 - 422 words

-1OOC
After Doris left, Elena explored the apartment. From what she understood, the furniture in it had been Catherine's. It had been put into storage after the woman's death, and Doris found it and had it put back. ~It fits this place. It feels right,~ she thought. She walked around, touching a lamp here, a picture frame there. There was a peace here, unaffected by the woman's death.

She finally walked into the bedroom and stood there, eyes closed, feeling the atmosphere. It gave her a sense of belonging like she'd never felt in her memory. She had no idea how long she stood there, but finally she opened her eyes and turned and walked toward the French doors. She opened them and walked out onto the balcony.

Leaning on the railing, she looked out over the city and sighed. For the moment, whatever caused her trepidation had receded. She smiled to herself and walked back into the bedroom to unpack, then fix herself something to eat.

She went to bed late that night, and fell deeply asleep. But a few hours later, she sat bolt upright in bed, panting. She'd had a nightmare, which she couldn't remember the instant she woke up. She knew that in it she was seeing flashes of people and things. She got out of bed and went out to the balcony to get some air and try to calm herself.

--------------------------------------------------------

Vincent was sleeping soundly, when he suddenly awakened. ~She's having a nightmare. I can feel - and I know somehow that it's a woman - her fear. Should I go to her? Would it help her or would I just add to her fears?~ He started to get up, when he felt her awaken. He concentrated, and after several minutes, felt her relax, then finally go back to sleep.

But now sleep eluded him. ~Why am I sensing this woman? How are we connected?~ He got up and went through the tunnels, ostensibly to check on everyone, but in truth to try to sort things out in his mind. He wandered for hours, arguing with himself about the step he was considering - to go to the apartment. As always, he ended up at the Mirror Pool, and sat on the edge, considering all his options.

When he finally returned to his quarters the next morning, he'd come to a decision. He needed to meet her, to find out who she was and what their connection was. He would do it that night. But Fate had another option in mind.
Sign up to rate and review this story