Categories > Original > Romance > For Our Sins

Rescue Attempts

by RenoTurk 0 reviews

Hanatou and Saito move in to try and get Takahashi back.

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-05-19 - Updated: 2010-05-20 - 2110 words

0Unrated
If Hanatou were to be completely honest he needed to be at home, studying, take the whole of their lives back before he got the part time job. Go back to sneaking around and making plans for when they left University but no, he had to have been impatient, one of his biggest failings, but then again he wanted to be with his partner, and was that really such a bad thing?

Takahashi was trying to back away from the advances that Iwao was making; it was obvious that the young man didn’t want anything from him. Hanatou moved forwards, ready to stop him but he saw the shadow move in the back of the room and stopped. It was a wise movement; the guy’s gun could be spotted via a light they were using to keep Takahashi in the camera’s view. If they were armed he was in serious trouble to try and get them both out uninjured.

Hanatou nearly yelped out loud when Saito’s hand landed on his shoulder but instead he turned around, Saito nodded to him and whispered what he knew. They couldn’t risk being shot, and certainly Hanatou didn’t want to sit idly watching as Iwao got closer to molesting the young student.

“We can call police but we might not be able to get out of that.” Saito mumbled.

“No we need to find a way to get to Iwao, nothing is ever easy.” Hanatou sighed. “Do you think there is anyway to disarm them?”

“I’d think so. If we can get one gun that’s going to turn the favour our way, so I would suggest, you try and get that, I can move to Iwao, a sword to his throat is going to make him think twice regardless.” Saito whispered.

Hanatou nodded, waiting only a moment before sneaking around in the shadows, hoping to the gods the situation would pay off if he could get the gun. The guy in the small area they had made a food store had taken to reading the paper, the listed news talked about a murder, a small company going bust and then something about a new policy on the trains regarding gropers.

Saito waited until the other man was near enough to be caught out, Hanatou took a quick dive to him, pulling the firearm from the side of him, glad the idiot had not even put the leather catch on to make it harder. Saito moved into view, just in time to stop Iwao from ripping open Takahashi’s trousers. Iwao stopped, the sword resting under his chin, he looked around to see Hanatou with the gun pointed at the other man.

“Don’t be foolish.” Saito whispered. “I’ve always wanted to know how it would feel to cut a man’s throat. Since you’re Yakuza no one would want to investigate your death either.”

“Hanatou!” Takahashi cried out, seeing him but not liking the gun pointed at the other man his mouth quickly clamped shut.

“We’re leaving Taka-san.” Hanatou nodded. “Get up, get ready.”

Takahashi nodded, he didn’t like the idea of someone being severely hurt or worse still killed. He swiftly shot up from the bed, spotting his bag on the side and gathering it up quickly. He was panicked that he might end up I more trouble if he left anything behind to incriminate himself as part of some organised crime ring.

“I’ll find you again you little bastards.” Iwao growled, despite the sword at his throat he was angry. Angry that Hanatou had broke his way through, had not complied to his wishes and more over that he would need another lackey if this one was going to be so much trouble.

“Good luck with that.” Saito quipped as the three pulled away, Hanatou waited to ensure they were together before they retreated.

Iwao smirked as the three got ready to go, the guy that he had taken the gun from dived into the corner and out of sight as Iwao turned and pulled a gun from inside his jacket pocket. He didn’t think they had the guts to fire so he took aim and shot at Hanatou as he got half-way out.

Hanatou lunged forwards from the impact as the bullet flew into his lower torso, it was impossible to tell where as blood began to pool immediately around the front and back. The shot was a through and through and Takahashi let out a piercing scream of terror. Saito dragged Hanatou’s limp body to the doorway; the gun he had been carrying skittered along to Takahashi’s feet.

Takahashi picked up the gun, anger fuelling him as he pointed it at Iwao. Saito’s hand steadied him, stopping him from shooting out as they pulled back. Iwao ran out to the rear of the building, content with the idea that he might have killed the idiot that refused to do as he was told.

Saito was in a panic, he had forgotten Kaitai was in contact with them and as they hit the outside his mobile vibrated in his pocket. He almost threw it at Takahashi as he tried to work out where his friend had been hit. Hanatou was breathing and cursed that it was typical the medical student was the one to get injured.

Takahashi picked it up, Kaitai quickly rambled off that she had called an Ambulance as she had seen the lot, the camera’s had fed the scene through. She told them to wait and then Saito lifted his shirt to try and keep the fabric and dirt out. They did wish they hadn’t almost immediately; Takahashi dropped the phone and ran just shy of the long grass to vomit.

The gun had ripped into the back of the student, the bullet entry wound was fairly small but as it had ripped through his insides and come out the other some of his internal organs had been exposed. Blood poured freely and Saito grabbed the phone.

“Kaitai what the hell do we do now?”

“Cover what you can up with plastic, bags or anything that can keep the organs in situ but wet.” She dragged up pages with first aid advice, scanning the details and trying to find as much as she could to relay in easy ways to follow.

“Taka-san…” Saito tried to keep him in sight, it was dangerous to split up now. “We need to concentrate on Hanatou. Please come and help me!”

“I... I can’t…” Takahashi was frozen to the spot in fear.

“I need help,” Saito tried to keep his voice calm despite the fact he was petrified; “he needs you right now. I know it’s fucking frightening but he came here to get you. Come here, talk to him.”

Takahashi was about to come forwards, all be it nervously when he heard footsteps behind him. The three students froze up, there was no way they could fight anyone else and already the police would be asking too many questions. Saito was worried, the large sword hadn’t been used but it was bound to get him into a lot of trouble if found, Hanatou’s gunshot whilst not inflicted by them was going to have to have an investigation, police would be crawling on the scene.

“Quite a mess you made there.” A stranger’s voice came out from behind the trees; immediately the two conscious men recognised that whilst the Japanese was fluent it had a foreign sound to it.

The stranger leant over, immediately Takahashi went to stop him but he moved Hanatou’s body position, checked he was breathing and then looked over at the student before carefully taking stock of the situation with the wound.

“Are you a doctor?” Saito looked at him, he seemed to at least be in more control of the situation.

“Actually no, I am a federal agent. I’ve been trying to find Iwao and his gang for a while, they are wanted in another state. I am working with the US and Japanese government.” He checked the pulse, the student was in shock and his life signs weakening. “Is there an ambulance on the way?”

“Yes…” Saito looked at him. “We’re in a lot of shit aren’t we?”

“I don’t think so, thanks to you we’ve just arrested the person that we needed. I am sure you will be alright once all the details are put together.” The man stepped back, he heard the ambulance, it managed to get most of the way down the strange trail. “Let’s get you to the hospital.”

“I want to go in the ambulance.” Takahashi managed to whimper out the request.

“Alright young man.” The agent nodded.

Hanatou was carefully taken into the ambulance, his partner quietly got in, and the crew decided he would also need to be checked out as well. Once they were gone Saito was helped into the agents car, Saito was quiet, he texted Kaitai to say to her that they were going to be in the hospital and she agreed to come over.

They gathered around in a small private waiting room, it was there the agent decided to explain who he was. Agent Benniton was there to gather intelligence as the gang Iwao had was not the target but they fed into the larger organisation. He had hoped that they would get enough evidence before anything drastic had happened but unfortunately the students had got mixed up in it.

“I’m really sorry,” Takahashi made a small bow, “but more important to me right now is if Hanatou will be okay.”

Benniton nodded, he had a lot of work to catch up on and they needed to work out if the students would be safe here. When Kaitai walked in the three men were quiet, all in their own little world of thought. She leant over and hugged Takahashi, so glad to see him back but very worried about the entire situation. They might all loose their place in University as well as the serious fact that Hanatou might even die.

They sat quietly for the day, it rolled into the early evening and then Hanatou’s parents arrived. Takahashi looked up to see his father, a stern man who seemed almost annoyed that his son had caused a disruption by getting himself harmed. His mother looked very upset too and behind them came Minako. Minako looked at Takahashi, suddenly the young student felt worse than ever, all this and she was family after all.

When the surgeon finally came through he looked as tired as the rest of them. He sat down with them to explain that Hanatou might well have been one of the luckiest people he knew, it hadn’t managed to destroy anything that would kill him, whilst he was not out of danger there was a chance he was stable enough to survive. A shot to the lower torso and abdomen was dangerous, the stomach and other areas could puncture and with internal bleeding at best some might only survive fifteen minutes in awful pain.

Hanatou’s dad seemed to take the news like he was being told an old car had gone past its day, his mother spent most of the time in tears with Minako and Takahashi kept his mouth shut. His father simply didn’t seem to care about all that much, his son might be dying and he looked more concerned about getting back to work.

“The only thing we will watch for now is that he remains stable and that if he does get through the next few days, when and if he wakes up there is a chance we may need to get him under a scan, if hydrostatic shock has set in…”

“What is that?” Benniton interrupted, he asked what everyone else was thinking too.

“It means if the trauma was severe enough that it might have also had neurological effects, for some cases, and this is a debatable thing…” the surgeon paused and looked at them. “We want to test it’s not caused any effect to his brain as well.”

“Oh…” Hanatou’s mother gasped, enough that he was this closed to death but to hear that he may never be the same seemed a bit too much. She wasn’t the only one that had that fear either, the room went very quiet, it was now a waiting game and no-one in particular felt like playing it.
Sign up to rate and review this story