Categories > Movies > Shrek > Crushing This Friendship Is Everything I Ever Wanted

Crushing This Friendship Is Everything I Ever Wanted

by 18th_Hole 0 reviews

My wait's not over, it's just beginning.

Category: Shrek - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2010-05-03 - Updated: 2010-05-04 - 623 words - Complete

0Unrated
I open my eyes. I look up at a digital clcok on a nightstand, "Hm. 8 o'5". I turn my head to my left, to find him. Lying there beside me. Looking almost exactly like an angel while he sleeps. Of course though, it isn't the first time I'd realized that. His soft, radiant, dark brown hair. His soft, creamy beige skin. I still wonder how he could like someone like me. Taller than he is. Skin color, nowhere near the same. I reach for his face, but stop to snap out of it and realize that I'm in his bed. I slowly creep out of bed, and quietly glide across the bedroom to the bathroom.
I, of course, have totally forgotten everything that went on last night. But then it all came back to me. As of last night, this greatest, caring, relaxing, long friendship, (so far as I'm thinking) has...ended.
I remember sitting beside the lake. Moonlit night. Thinking to myself, "How could this day have come so fast? I'm not ready. I never will be! I'll never be good enough for him. I can't do this." Then I started to cry. On my fifth inhale, I stopped at the sound of someone clearing their throat.
"Is it alright if I join the lovely bride to be?" Shrek asked. I looked back at him, stared for a while, then finally nodded. He came over to me. He sat on the ground, then layed his head on my legs, and just looked up at me, "What's wrong? You shouldn't be crying the night before your wedding day..." it took him a while to actually figure out I was crying, "Hey! You're crying! Fiona, that's a bad sign. Why are you crying?" I waited to answer. This was Shrek. He had to come up with some lousy conclusion before I did answer. "Oh my gosh. Does he hit you?"
"What?! No!" Yep. It had to be that lousy.
"Then tell me what's wrong." His face so serious. I couldn't say "nothing". I knew I couldn't. He'd know if I was lieing. He always knows. So I sighed.
"I just don't feel ready for this."
"Is that really it, Fiona?" I waited a while, for him to say something, "Come on my blossoming green friend. You know, that for a fact, you can tell me anything."
"Alright! I don't think I'm good enough for him!" I stood up kind of agressively, and stormed out into the lake. But before I could get to where it was waist deep, Shrek came after me. He appeared in front of me, with his hands tight on my shoulders. His sensitive, worried face.
"Fiona? I'm going to ask you one more time. What is wrong?"
"That's it! I just told you what's wrong, Shrek! Why don't you fucking listen to me for once?! Geez!" I smacked his arms away and stormed further into the lake. When he got to me again, I was already where the water was up to my chest, "What do you want, Shrek?" I cried. He didn't answer, I knew he wasn't going to either. Fianlly, streams of tears rolled down my face. I felt him pull me forward. I heard him sigh.
"I just want to hold you, one last time. Is that too much to ask for?"
I sniffled, "No." I hiccuped, "It," he picked my head up, "isn-" he kissed me. That's what started it all. He kissed me. He finally kissed me. I've waited all this time. Thirteen years I've waited. Almost wanting to die because I wanted him so much. I told myself that once he kissed me, I was gonna stop at nothing 'til I'm happily with him.
Sign up to rate and review this story