Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > No Reply

No Reply: Chapter Two

by Ray191 2 reviews

Chapter two.

Category: Beatles - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: John Lennon,Paul McCartney - Published: 2010-05-22 - Updated: 2010-05-22 - 1551 words

2Ambiance

Chapter Two:



The lights go down and the girls all scream. The stage lights come on, and the curtain goes up. The Beatles wave and smile at their many adoring fans. "Hello everybody!" John yelled over the great roar of teenage screams. "We're gonna start off with a nice little love song. How about that? Are you all alright with that?" He asked, already knowing the answer. The crowd shrieked even louder.

John strummed the first few notes on his acoustic guitar. The others followed right along, Ringo even traded in his drumsticks for a tambourine, for this particular song.

John's voice began to fill the auditorium.

"Here I stand head in hand
Turn my face to the wall
If she's gone I can't go on
Feelin' two-foot small"


A slight smile found it's way onto Paul's face. He tried to fight it off, but it was no use. Hearing John sing just made him happy.

"Everywhere people stare
Each and every day
I can see them laugh at me
And I hear them say"


Paul drifted off into his thoughts. God he sounds so amazing when he sings this song. I love listening to him... His voice is incredible! He thought watching John's dark eyes as they scanned the crowd.

"Hey you've got to hide your love away
Hey you've got to hide your love away"


Oh what am I doing? He doesn't like me THAT way! Paul mentally scolded himself. John's eyes shifted quickly away from the fans, and locked onto Paul. He continued to sing. Paul could feel his cool gaze upon him, but he tried not to look John in the eyes.

"How can I even try
I can never win
Hearing them, seeing them
In the state I'm in"


What is he staring at me for? Paul thought uncomfortably. John flashed a knowing smile at him, and winked. Paul moved away from him nervously. A little too far away from him... One faulty step, and........

"How could she say to me
Love will find a way-"


CRASH! Paul had stepped one troublesome step, off the stage, and landed himself into a hoard of screaming girls! "AAAHH IT'S PAULIE!" They squealed.

"PAUL!!" George yelled and rushed over to the edge of the stage. John and Ringo hurried over too. All trying to save their pal from drowning in the sea of girls.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"PAUL!!! PAULIE! Ey! Paul? C'mon Paul wake up!!" John shouted, shaking Paul by the shoulders.

The three coherent Beatles were backstage, trying to revive their unconscious friend.

"How did that happen?" Ringo asked, looking at George in disbelief.

"I don't know! All I did was look at him!" John said, still shaking Paul.

"YOU did that to him?" George asked in surprise.

"Well I don't know!" John hissed.

"Hmm?" Paul muttered as he started to stir. "Johnny? Hey... I fell, huh?" Paul said pushing his hair off of his forehead.

"Yeah you did." John nodded.

"Oh my....." Paul said and struggled to stand up.

"Oh here. Be careful, take it easy." John said putting his arm around him. John helped Paul to his feet, and stood with his arms around him for a few moments. "How's your head, ducky?" John asked.

"Oh uh.... Okay I guess.." Paul replied.

"Can you finish the show?" Ringo asked with a worried look.

"Can you even stand by yourself?" John asked stepping away from Paul a few feet. He let Paul go, but kept his arms out to catch him if need be.

"Oh.... um.... " Paul stammered looking around. "Oh no no, I don't think so." He said starting to wobble, on purpose so John would have to catch him. John did just that.

He put his arms around him again, and with a frown he said, "Oh alright, come here." Pulling Paul along with him, John walked slowly over to a small bench. First he helped Paul to sit down, then he sat next to him. "Let's just take it easy for a minute." Lennon said.

"Hey Ringo?" Paul beckoned.

"Yes? What is it Paulie?" Ringo answered quickly, eager to help his friend however he could.

"Could you go find me some ice? I've got a nasty headache." Paul said, hoping to be alone with John if possible.

"Of course!" Ringo said and ran off.

"What can I do?" George asked.

"You... Can.. Uh.. Go tell the fans how sorry we are." Paul answered.

"Okay." George said and walked away.

"And me?" John asked looking at Paul with a questioning expression.

"You just stay here." Paul answered fast.

"Ha ha okay. Let's check and see if you have a concussion, shall we?" John said putting his hand on Paul's chin.

"...Okay." Paul replied shyly.

"Now then, look up." John said tipping Paul's head up slightly. "Look into the light, let's make sure your eyes dilate the right way." John tilted Paul's head up so the light hit his eyes. He put his hand up to block the light and he watched the change. John did this a couple more times, then, deciding Paul was okay, John loosened his grip on him and looked him in the face.

Paul put his hand on the side of John's face and pulled him a little closer. John didn't pull away, so Paul decided to just go for it. He pulled John a little closer, and put his lips to John's. John breathed a quick gasp in surprise, but sat still in shock.

Paul took the chance for all it was worth, he kissed John more passionately, pushing his tongue into his mouth slowly. To Paul's surprise, John still did not pull away. In fact, John seemed to be somewhat enjoying himself. He moaned deeply, and pulled Paul into a hug. Paul kissed him more fiercely, but then John pulled away.

Looking into Paul's face, John smiled brightly, causing Paul to sigh in relief. He was so sure that John was going to be angry. "And now Paul... You have about five seconds to explain yourself, before I get up and walk away, with a very strange impression of you." He said with a mixture of amusement and annoyance in his voice.

Paul looked extremely surprised. "Uh- I uh- um- I well- Uh... It's just-" He stammered.

"Aaaand that's five. See ya later Paul. I'm glad you're alright. Hurry up and get out here so we can finish the show, okay?" John said standing up.

Oh my god.... What did I do?... Paul thought worriedly as he watched John walk away.

Ringo walked briskly over to where Paul was sitting. "Here's yer ice Paulie! Sorry that took so long I-"

"GOD DAMN IT RINGO!!!!!!" Paul roared flying out of his seat and looking Ringo in the face.

"What the bloody hell Paul!? I'm sorry it took so fucking long! I already told you that!! Holy Jesus!" Ringo snapped back at him.

"Oh Ringo! I'm sorry! I'm sorry mate! I don't know why I yelled at you!" Paul apologized quickly and hugged him.

"Um...... It's okay?...." Ringo answered with a very confused look on his face. Paul stood there, holding Ringo in his arms for a few awkward moments. Just thinking about what he should tell John.

"We'll be right back with Ringo and Paul, Then we can get this show going again. Thank you all for being patient!" George Told the crowd.

He and John walked off stage and went back to where they had left Paul. When they came around the corner, the odd site of Paul holding Ringo tightly in a hug, greeted them.

"You move fast McCartney. Is George next?" John scoffed. Paul quickly let go of Ringo and turned to look at John, who was glaring at him.

"Oh hi fellas!" Paul yipped.

"Hi Paul. Sorry if we're interrupting something." John replied with a bite in his voice.

"What?" Ringo asked looking more lost than before. "Wait! You mean me and Paul?.... Like- EW! No!! It was just a hug! What the hell John?!" He exclaimed looking slightly disgusted. "Have you all gone bloody crackers?" He said brushing himself off, as if little pieces of Paul's hug were left, clinging to his clothes.

George looked twice as confused as Ringo, and walked back out, onto the stage. Ringo promptly followed. Paul was left alone with John again, but this time, he wasn't happy about it.

"John?.." He whispered with a guilty look on his face. John turned away and went back out to the stage.

The Beatles picked up the show from where they had left off, and John avoided eye contact with Paul the rest of the night.

"Mr. Moonlight
You came to me
one summer night
And from your beam you made my dream
And from the world you sent my girl
And from above you sent us love
And now she in mine
I think you're fine
because we love you
Mr. Moonlight

Mr. Moonlight,
come again please
here I am on my knees
beggin if you please

And the night you don't come my way
I pray and pray more each day
because we love you
Mr. Moonlight

And the night you don't come my way
I pray and pray more each day
because we love you
Mr. Moonlight
Mr. Moonlight
Mr. Moonlight"
Sign up to rate and review this story