Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Casually Obsessed

THREE: Traded Baby Blues For Wide Eyed Browns

by kissbetweenstars 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2010-05-24 - Updated: 2010-05-25 - 1576 words

1Original
“Gaining something?” asked Charlotte.

“Yeah” I replied. “I’ll be gaining a lot really” I added.

“Please don’t tell me this is about money” sighed Charlotte.

“Of course not” I laughed. “I could care less about his money. You could take the money away and I’d still love him”.

“Love him, you’ve always loved him” she replied. “Marry him though, that you weren’t always so keen on”.

“Yeah” I agreed. “You know how in stories they always talk about how you know someone is the one? They say that you can just feel it. Well, it’s nothing like that”. Charlotte laughed at me.
“I am serious Charlie, this is nothing like that. I am so unsure, I mean, what if this is all a big mistake? What if in ten years he hates me? I don’t have this special feeling telling me he’s the one for me, but I have this feeling that if I don’t do this, if I don’t try, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life. I don’t know if I will ever feel this way about anyone else”.

“So you’re settling?” asked Charlotte.

“I don’t think I am settling” I replied. “I think I am growing up”.

***

God I hated days like this. I was so busy it was beyond my stress levels to cope. Rent was due, I was late for work and my car wouldn’t start.
“Fuck, come on Wilma” I whispered to the car. “Come on, I really need to be at work” I coaxed, hoping that my words of encouragement were enough to get the car started. There was no way that I could afford a service for it right now. I slammed my hands down on the wheel in frustration. “Please Wilma” I begged, trying the ignition one more time.
My vain attempts to start my car were interrupted by my phone ringing.
“Hello” I answered, not really wishing to have anything else distract me from getting to work.

“Memily what’s this anger I detect in your voice?” said a very distinctive voice on the phone. If the voice didn’t give it away, the nickname did.

“Hey Patrick” I sighed into the phone. “Wilma will not start and I am late for work. You know, one of those days”. I grabbed my shit and tightened my jacket. Chicago winters were fucking harsh. I slammed the door of the car shut and kicked the tyre for dramatic flare.

“I can come pick you up poppet” he replied. “I’ll drive you to work”.

“Thanks sweetums, but I’ll just walk” I replied. “We both know that will probably get me there quicker. Besides, it will do me the world of good. I would however, like your presence tonight for a movie marathon and over indulgence of popcorn”.

“I think I can fit you in” he replied.

“Oh yeah, because we both know you’re so busy not writing music” I laughed. I started walking down the street; I could hear the all familiar crunch of snow under my feet as I walked. “By the way, how is that working out for you?”

“Mmmmm, could be better I guess” he replied. “It also could be a lot worse”.

“You’re such a perfectionist” I laughed. “Pretty exciting though, you guys are blowing up pretty fast.”

“Yeah it’s scary as hell” he replied. “Besides which, I am pretty sure Pete and I have nearly killed each other a few times.” That name was like a stab through the heart.

“I’ve nearly killed him a few times” I replied. “He has that effect on people.”

“Bitter much?” laughed Patrick.

“More like realistic” I replied. “Anyway Trick, this ship has to sail. I’m almost at work”.

“Whatever” he replied. “I’ll talk to you tonight though, and we will get our marathon on.”

“You’re such a nerd” I laughed.

“Yeah, that’s why you love me” he laughed.

“Something like that” I laughed. I hung up the phone, doubling my pace for work. I lied, I wasn’t almost there, but the mention of Pete’s name had thrown me. Today was just destined to be shit .
Some days I loved work, others I hated it. It was a simple retail job; it helped pay the bills and kept me on my feet. I also got good discounts on clothes, which makes life so much easier too.
Today I was working an 8 hour shift, fuck 8 hours drags when all you want to do is be at home watching movies. I needed the money though. I always needed the money.
I watched the clock my entire shift. I just wanted to be home.
When the time finally arrived, I practically ran the distance home.
Patrick was waiting for me, movies in hand. I smiled at him and wrapped my arms around him.
“There’s my music man” I smiled into his neck.

“I told you I’d be here” he laughed, squeezing me tight.

“What movies did you bring?” I asked, not willing to let him go.

“Dirty Dancing and Rushmore” he smiled at me. I kissed his cheek. He brought both our favourite movies. We barely made it through the first movie. I had missed spending time with him.

*****

“I can’t believe how packed it is here” I screamed at Charlotte. “There are so many people in here”.

“And they are all here to see Fall Out Boy” she screamed back at me. “Fucking crazy, they used to be our secret”.

“Our boys are making it big” I yelled back with a smile.

“More like your boys” she teased. I rolled my eyes. She loved to tease me.

“This is a new song” said Pete into the microphone. He nervously played with his fringe. He was always doing that when he was nervous. “It’s off our new record, we hope you like it”. The screaming from the fans caused Charlotte to cover her ears. I made a face at her and waited for them to start playing.
The show was insane, as always. I had been to my fair share of their shows and with each and every one of them, more and more kids were coming out to see them play. It was only a matter of time before they blew up and were everywhere.

“Holy fuck” sighed Charlotte fanning herself. “I feel like I’ve been raped”.

“Oh God” I sighed, fanning myself. “So hot right now, how did we even end up at the front?”

“I have no idea, but fuck, that was crazy” sighed Charlotte, leaning on her car. Wilma was in the shop, which was something I was not so happy about. “Oh dude, your top is ripped” she added. I looked down and sighed. It was brand new.

“Well fuck” I sighed, pulling at it. “I got this yesterday. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Wait here Charlie; I’m going to get a top from the merch stand. I can’t go around baring my midriff to the world”.

“Take your time” laughed Charlotte. “I’ll wait for the cute band boys to find me”. I sighed and walked back into the venue. I don’t know why this shit always happened to me.
I navigated my way through the sea of kids, trying to get to the front of the stand. All I needed was a top. When I could finally see the merch stand I realized what the fuss was about. The band was there selling their own merch. I smiled to myself and made my way to the front.

“What can I get you?” with those words my heart stopped beating. I wasn’t expecting Pete to serve me. I was hoping Patrick would see me and get to me first.

“I just need a new top” I shrugged, trying not to let myself get caught up in anything. “Mine’s got a massive rip in it”.

“Which one?” he asked, smiling at me.

“Um....any” I replied. “It doesn’t matter”.

“Here” he handed me a top. I smiled.

“Thanks Pete” I said taking it, and offering him my money.

“Nah” he said shaking his head, his smiling widening. “It’s on us, besides, you always looked good in blue”. I felt myself blush, and I tried my hardest not to let him see.

*****

I watched the streets pass by. I guess this long car ride was my own fault, we had settled on a venue over the other side of town. It didn’t really matter though, that venue held special meaning to the both of us. A lot of things that we had decided on today meant a lot to the both of us.

“Growing up?” laughed Charlotte. “You will never grow up”.

“Yet here I am” I smiled, “getting married”.

“Yeah, I never saw that one coming” she sighed. “Well, I did, I mean, when he proposed obviously marriage was the end result, but I just never saw you getting married”.

“Yeah, well if you told me two years ago that I was going to marry him, I’d have laughed at you” I replied, playing with the ring on my finger.

“Fuck, you two did have your ups and downs” laughed Charlotte.

“Always, all good things are like that though” I smiled. “Anything worth having is”.
Sign up to rate and review this story