Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Bring Me Your Love Tonight

With Just Another White Trash County Kiss

by MicVSMoshpit 5 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-06-02 - Updated: 2010-06-03 - 3681 words

4Ambiance
Do excuse spelling and grammar errors, my computer is screwed so I'm uploading via iPhone. Thanks for the great reviews. Those who I've chosen for the story will show up in the next chapter.


After a week of his illness, Michael was finally well enough to resume his studies with his brother and his breath taking Constance.  When he arrived to escort her, he felt as if his heart had stopped.  Was it possible that in the time he had been absent, she has grown even more radiant? Michael just believed this to be his absense, but he welcomed the warm feeling inside him.

"Lady Constance," he delivered, bowing deeply infront of her, yet keeping his eyes on her own.  She curtsied and nodded her head.

"Mr. Way, it pleases me so that you are well. Your brother and I have missed your presence at our studies this week.  We are pleased that you are returning." Constance felt no such way but she knew that it was what he wanted to hear. And if it was to keep him happy and not question her new friendship with his brother, then she would do it.  She looked forward to her study sessions not for the learning, but the conversation it brought with Gerard.  She found an unlikely companion in him, and although perhaps there was a moment where she believed more, she knew it would not be possible. She was very aware of how he felt towards her though, despite his great efforts to hide it from her. This infatuation created a dilema for them all, for if Michael knew, there was sure to be a fight among the brothers.

"Lady Constnce. I beg of you to call me Michael.  Mr. Way is reserved for when I become a father and I can only hope that it will not be much longer." He gave her the charming grin that made girls swoon, but she did no such thing.  Rather, she began to long for his brother as he took her arm and escorted her out the door.

She knew that once inside the carriage, he was going to speak once again on the subject of marriage.  He had been planning the conversation while he sat confined in his bedroom the previous week.  He was determined to convince her that she needed to marry him.  With her by his side, as his wife, he would be a force to be reckoned with, and he was not the only one to know this.  The other men of Belleville, New Jersey envied him for his proximity to Constance.  While many of them already had wives or were courting respectable women, they dreamed of Constance in ways that would make her never want to appear in society if she ever knew. But they did not only wish to have her in ways that only a husband could, they wanted her too for the power and prestige that her family name held.  She could make any man one of power and wealth.  But for Michael, it was nothing of the sort.  He knew in his heart that Constance was meant for him.  Together, they would make a handsome couple, and they would have the most beautiful babies that the world would ever see. Just waking to Constance's angelic face and their sweet children would satisfy his life.

"We are getting older each day Constance. Time does not wait for anyone, even the beautiful ones like you. We are starring our futures on the face, and when I see my future all I see is you and the beautiful children we could make.  Why do you not see the same thing as I? What have I done that displeases you so? Please tell me and have no fear of speaking candidly. I only wish to understand."

Constance was stunned into silence.  This was not how she believed the conversation would be. She had not an idea of how to answer the question. She could not tell him that it was every part of him that displeased her, even if he had asked her to speak her mind. But then how could she possibly explain to Michael her feelings without hurting him. It did not matter that Constance was not fond of him. He was a person and no person should be subjected to the things she wanted to say.

"I cannot name a single reason why you wouldn't make a more than suitable husband for me," she started with great care over her words. "You are a handsome man that any women would have such luck to marry you, however I just don't believe in my need to be married.  Not just to you, but anyone.  I am not so sure that I believe in this love that you often speak of." She placed her hand over his, which rested tightly over his knee.  "Please forgive me.  I mean not to constantly hurt your feelings, but would it not be unfair for me to feign how I feel?"

Michael looked up into her heart warming eyes, and he knew she was being sincere.  He was relieved to know there was not another man. But that changed nothing.  He would not stop, he would do whatever it took. Because Constance was his soulmate and he could not picture his life without her. He would not have a life without her.

"You say that now, my lady.  But I am very capable of changing your disposition on the subject. I love you. That is all that matters to me. But for now, I will wait for you to realize our potential."

Gerard stood nervously in the front room, awaiting the arrival of the family carriage that held the object of his affection.  He missed her sorely during the course of the weekend of which he endured by only counting the hours until he would see her again.  But as his brothers illness began to fade, his mood soured; he would not be able to escort Constance come the Monday morning.

As the carriage pulled up the white pebble path towards the home, Gerard began to pace.  Michael had disclosed to him his plan to  talk to her about marriage again.  He would not ask for her hand, this time, but he would ask her why she would not agree to marriage. Would his brother have more luck on the subject than he did? He was afraid of the answer perhaps even more than his brother might be.

Constance descended the carriage with the hand of Michael.  She was not cross with him for bringing up the conversation. She had never until that moment known how Michael felt about her.  Was he aware that it was the first time he had ever told her he loved her.  Despite having asked for her hand in marriage too many times, he had never said the words aloud. Hearing the words for the first time from anyone but her parents gave her a bit of a rush, even if it was from a man that she had no intention of spending her life with.  The feeling surprised her greatly, for she really did not believe in love.  But just the mere idea of someone loving  her was a warming thought and she tried her hardest not to let it soften her feelings for Michael.

Gerard waved the servant away and himself opened the door to welcome her arrival.  He was hoping that her face would betray any negative emotion after having had such a conversation in the small carriage, but he was rather disappointed, even saddened, when she approached him wearing her sunny smile.

"Good morning Mr. Way," she chimed lightly as she brushed past him.  He immediately looked to his brother. Perhaps he had misread Constance's face. But his brother was impossible to read.  He merely shook his head and whispered, "We shall discuss this later."

Try as he might, Gerard found it impossible to uncover any emotion from either of his two study companions, but there was nothing to be found. Constance was her usual intent self, and Michael paid little attention to the lesson, instead focusing on the way his brother's eyes darted back and forth between him and Constance.

Michael may have been young, but ignorant he was not. He was aware that his brother was almost as smitten with his love interest as he was. Though this bothered him the slightest, he felt no threat from his older brother. His brother may have had age on his side, but Michael had eveything else. It was no secret that he was the prefered Way child. Not just inside the house, but outside its extravagant walls as well. He had looks that he used to his benefit, but never did this steer people from their affection towards him. He did not believe for a second that Constance would ever think of Gerard as a possibilty for herself. He also knew that his brother would not be so stupid as to even try anything. She had been spoken for by him the moment he saw her. Gerard knew this, and as his brothers protector, he would abide by the unspoken rule that threatened the break their bond, even if he had thougt about it, even for mere moments.

The more and more that Michael watched, the more he began to see. Gerard had stopped trying to decipher any emotion out of the two, and instead preoccupied himself with trying hard to memorize the curves of her immaculate face. Michael saw the intensity in his brothers eyes as he focused on Constance. He began to realize that his brother did not have just a mere infatuation with his Constance, but more, he was passionately in love with her, even if Gerard had yet to become aware of his own true feelings. This made Michael angry to the core of his body. It was one thing for his brother to like Constance, but for him to covet something that was not rightfully his? No. This was unacceptable, and Michael would have to do something to remind his older broher who exactly Constance belonged to. 

Michael had excused himself to calm himself, and when he returned to the study, one of the house servants appeared with a delicately designed envelope.

"Master Way's," he announced, bowing in their presence. "This just arrived. It is addressed to you both, but whom shall I present it to?"

Gerard reached out his hand towards the servant, but Michael was quicker and retrieved the letter first. He excused the servant and inserted a long finger under the stamped seal to reveal it's contents. He extracted a piece of paper with an elegant scrawl. He read the words and his thin lips turned into a smile. He did not have to think of a way to triumph over his brother, the work had been done for him already.

"It seems we have been invited to a ball, dear brother," he announced to Gerard. "We are to attend the welcome party of a new man in town, a gentlemen by the name of Franklin Iero. And we are to bring dates if we can." His brothers eyes lit up, but this lasted but a moment. Gerard knew he could not ask Constance, and he and Constance already knew the next words that would come from Michael.

"Constance, my love," he made a Point of adding. "it would honour me greatly if you would allow me to escort you to this grand affair. It was such a disappointment that you could not attend the previous one, but this one there shall be no exceptions." His eyes turned to his brother and he smiled. "You would do no less than make me the happiest man alive if you would say yes to me. Allow me the honour Lady Constance, I beg of you?"

The room became silent as Michael and Gerard waited for Constance to give her answer. She looked from brother to brother, seeing the hope in Michaels eyes and desperation in Gerard's. She knew what she would say would hurt both of them, and she took no joy in delivering such news.

"I have already been promised to be escorted by someone else," she replied as lightly as the situation allowed. 

Michael glowered, not at Constance, but at the thought of someone having such audacity to take his Constance. Everyone in town knew how he felt towards her, and none of the men dared to anger a man with such respect, but Michaels emotions on the subject were not shared by his older brother. Infact, his brother was almost elated that she would not be attending with his brother, the rest did not matter.

"I demand to know who," Michael said loudly, holding his clenched fists against the table.  Gerard stepped up from his place at the table and said with such force, it surprised everyone in the room, "You do not talk to Ms Constance in such a rude manner, dear brother. Do not forget that she is a  lady and a guest in our home. We do not treat anyone such as you have done." His soft features were twisted into anger that Constance and Michael were both frightened. Michael was not accustomed to seeing his brother take such authority in the house. It was he who commanded the authority between the two. 

"I do apologize," Michael swiftly replied, his anger matching his brothers.  "Lady Constance, do forgive me for speaking in such a way. It only disappoints me that I could not be your escort. And it angers me so that on the day I tell you I love you and wish to spend my life with you, you do not express any interest and you tell me you are promised to be courted by another man."

"I said no such thing," Constance hurried, scared of the anger passing between the two brothers, but her own was becoming more apparant. "It is only a ball, Michael, nothing more. And this morning I was sure to make myself clear to you. I do not wish to marry anyone. It is not wise of you to wait upon me for no matter what you feel, my decision cannot be swayed." She stood before them with her arms at her hips before she rushed to the door. Her patience was drawing to an end with Michael. If he did not halt at once in his pursuit, she would be forced to be more harsh than she had previously been.

Michael stood and only watched as Constance let herself out, but he was furious when he saw his brother join her in the carriage. His own attempt to make it out in time failed as the horses began trotting down the pebble path and he panted after them. Gerard looked out wickedly at his brother, bent over with fury in his eyes, only slightly bothered that he would have to deal with him when he made it home. For the moment, his attention would fully be on the one who had him captivated.

"Forgive my brother," he said sincerely.  Constance looked up into his eyes and saw this. "You have been the object of his affection since our childhood. the thought of another man taking you from him-"

"I do not belong to him!" Constance replied sharply. "Nor do I belong to anyone else. I am not a possession to be owned, Mr. Way. Surely a man such as yourself, bright and respectable, understands my need to express my opinion when it comes to such matters.  And perhaps you can do me a great favour. Let it be known to Michael that I shall never feel the way he wishes me to. Your brother is a self absorbed and spoiled man who believes he is above all, even you! You, nor anyone else deserves to be treated the way he treats you all. You are a true gentleman, Gerard," Constance began to calm. "You are the truer of the Way children. A kindred soul and a beautiful face as I have ever seen on a male. You deserve all the happiness in the world. And perhaps maybe one day Michael will see his misfortune and change for better."

As constance finished, Gerard's heart filled with an unfamiliar emotion. He felt his cheeks flush and a surge of happiness at such words having been spoken about him. Constance, the woman whom he would never have believed would show any interest in him, has just revealed that she though him to be beautiful. His whole body longed to feel her in his arms, he could not just sit across from her and contain his feelings. He reached across the small space and took her hands in his, and Constance felt her heart surge. It was getting difficult for her to ignore how Gerard made her feel. She stared deeply into his eyes as he leaned forward, and her breath ceased, for she knew what was about to happen and she did not wish to stop it.

Gerard's palms began to shake in Constance's. What if she did not wish for him to embrace her? Would she be cross and never wish to see him again? He thought of a thousand worries but none of them appeared to be strong enough, and without further hesitance, he gently placed his lips over hers. Immediately, Constance melted against Gerards torso. Her own lips moved eagerly over his, giving him confidence to envelop her in his arms and deepen the gentle kiss. Both of their bodies tingled at the others touch.

Gerards insides began to squirm with a mixture of pure delight and desire. How triumphant he was! His brother had never had such fortune to emrace Constance as he was, he could only dream of it! He would have been pleased to an even greater degree if he had known that he was the first male she had ever kissed. She may not have believed in love, but she had always dreamt of her first kiss. It was nothing as she had expected, not even close! Constance was experiencing the highest state of bliss as her life had ever allowed! His lips were perfect against hers and she could never ask for anything more. He was gentle, and considerate. His hands, as much as he longed for them to be elsewhere, remained around her as the kiss lengthened past the time she took to recite a poem in French twice over. It was finally Constance who broke the embrce just as his strong hands cupped her burning cheeks, only to gasp for air.

"Forgive me," Gerard replied immediately, fearing by her sudden departure that he had upset her.

"Do not apologize for something so beautiful, Mr. Way," she whispered and kissed him again, clutching at his overcoat to pull him closer. Both their mouths moved in syncricity, as if they were sculpted for the other only. It was then that Gerard was ready to admit to himself that he loved Constance. He could almost feel his heart being tethered to hers as it beat against his chest. It was too late for him now: his heart was hers forever and he never wanted to take it back. For Constance, the feelings towards Gerard were only just being discovered. It was not love, but she understood that there was something to be explored between them.

This second and more passionate embrace lasted until they arrived at the home of Constance, unbeknownst to either. The coach master came around to open the door, but his hand stopped short at the sight inside. He coughed just loud enough to break the lovers apart.

"Forgive my intrusion," he replied. "We have arrived, Miss Walker." He opened the door and aided her in descending down the stairs, Gerard followed closely behind.

"Mr. Way," Constance said, turning on the top step to face the man she would dream about again that night.

"Gerard, Lady Constance. I beg of you, please call me Gerard."

"Gerard," she smiled, and he wished he was kissing her again. "It may be that I am being escorted by someone else to the ball, but it is you whom I will be thinking of. Will you be attending?"

Gerard wished not to see Constance in the arms of another man, but if she spoke the truth, if he would be the subject of her thoughts rather than the man who would escort her, it would be bearable.

"I will, but it is only to see your beautiful face."

Constance blushed and let herself in to her home but glanced one more time at the man she would never have suspected would be hers. He stared longingly after she had disappeared, his lips still burning from her touch. When he returned to the carriage, he stopped the driver.

"Do not utter a word of what you have seen or you will be dismissed, Raymond. Am I understood?"

"Of course Mr. Way," he bowed and stepping up on to the seat. He had bore witness to many conversations in the carriage between Michael and Constance. He knew of Michaels feelings for her, and her lack of feelings for him were evident in her disinterested responses to his advances. But the first time Constance and Gerards rode together, he knew before either that they were destined for great things together.  He was not fond of Michael, he treated him as if he was not there. They had be aquaintances since they were young boys, but Michael never treated him as a friend. Gerard considered him to be a companion. He confided in him when there was something he could not tell his brother. Raymond was the only person who listened without judgement, and Gerard valued his friendship. He would keep Gerard's secret. Not only so, he would also aid the two in the secret courtship that the two were about to embark upon.
     
Sign up to rate and review this story