Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Life Without Her

Chapter 5

by IMIAST 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-06-02 - Updated: 2010-06-02 - 697 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Akatsuki?" said Naruto, who clearly had no idea what Lee was talking about.

"They are an organized crime group," said Lee. "For most of their history, they've focused on selling drugs and weapons. They've even pirated movies on the side. But ten years ago, they entered the slave trade. They seem to favor young, attractive women for the most part. According to some of our sources, many of they women they take they end up keeping for themselves."

"What do they usually do with these women?" asked Naruto, not certain he wanted to hear the answer.

"We're not all that certain. What I've told you is all we managed to get from our recent raid. Unfortunately, all the women who were held there had been relocated by the time we arrived."

Naruto could barely contain himself. If what Lee said was right, then Sakura might've just missed out on being rescued. Still, he managed to calm down. He could tell something was bothering Lee.

"I hate to butt in on your business..." Naruto said. "No, nevermind."

"No, it's okay," said Lee. "When we raided their building, I'd gone in with a partner. Her name's Tenten. We were ambushed by a group of men in one of the hallways. I managed to fight my way out, but Tenten was knocked out and dragged off. I caught up to them just in time to see her tied up and loaded onto onto one of their trucks. There were too many." He hesitated for a few moments. "So I ran. I just let them take her."

Naruto had no idea what to say. If they were willing to kidnap police officers, these Akatsuki must be getting rather bold.

"I know she's tough, and there's a good chance she can escape on her own," said Lee, "but I should've done something to save her." Lee paused a moment. "Look at me, spilling my guts to someone I don't even know."

"Believe me," said Naruto, "it helps to have someone to talk to."

"Anyway, I've told you all I can about this. Thank you for your time."

Naruto left the building, wishing he knew more. He realized, though, that just hearing as much as he did was a privelege. Lee certainly didn't have to talk about his partner. Rather than going home, he headed straight to the nearest library. He hoped to find out more about the Akatsuki.

He got there a few minutes later. He went over to the librarian's desk.

"Excuse me, ma'am," said Naruto, "where might I find information about the Akatsuki?"

"The Akatsuki?" she said. "Well, the only books that might help are over there." She pointed to one of the reference aisles.

Naruto rushed over there and started reading through any books that looked relevant. Unfortunately, none of them were of much use. Finally, he found a rather disturbing chapter, from a recently published book. It described the habit of some of the members, such as cruising around a town looking for something his people might want. Occasionally, this included kidnapping a woman off the streets.

Naruto could hardly believe it. The men who took Sakura did it entirely on a whim? It was all he could do not to lose his cool. He put the book away and decided he'd learned all he wanted to know. He thanked the librarian on the way out and went home as quickly as he could.

Once in his home, went to his bed and just lay down for an hour. In a way, he was relieved; at least Sakura's captors were no longer anonymous. Finally, he got a phone call. It was from Sasuke's.

"I hate to ask this of you," said Sasuke, "but could the kids and I stay at your place for a while?"

"Sure. May I ask why?" Naruto asked.

"I'd rather wait until I can tell you in person."

Naruto had never heard Sasuke sound so shaken. "Sure," he said, "come over." He then heard the clicking sound of Sasuke hanging up.

Even though he hadn't been told what this was about, Naruto couldn't shake the feeling it had something to do with the Akatsuki.
Sign up to rate and review this story