Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Life Without Her

Chapter 6

by IMIAST 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-06-03 - Updated: 2010-06-03 - 728 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sometimes, Sakura hated having to get up in the morning. A month had passed since her fifth anniversary, and she was no closer to seeing Naruto again then when this all started. She hadn't changed out of her wedding dress, since it was all she had from her old life. That, and they were too lazy to get her a change of clothes.

She still remembered the last time she saw Naruto. Shortly after they were married, they had a few pictures taken of them. As they were leaving for their reception, a car came out of nowhere, and a bunch of men came after her. They fought back, but in the end her assailants were able to force her into their car and drive off. She turned to look at Naruto, just in case she never got another chance to do so; she could barely see him through all her tears.

Indeed, it seemed all she really did was cry. She cried on their anniversary, on her birthday, whenever her "master" punished her for a minor or imagined offense. Sometimes, out of the blue, the tears would come for no apparent reason. No doubt it was from all her pent-up stress and frustration. She was doing her best to remain strong, but in truth her will to go on waned with each passing year.

She was brought out of her thoughts by a loud disturbance. She heard what sounded like someone struggling against two other people. Sakura was about to get a roommate.

"Let me go!" said a all-too-familiar voice. "I have a husband and two kids!" Sakura recognized it as Ino.

"No," she said to herself, "not her too."

"Dammit!" said Ino. "I said let me go!"

"Be quiet," said Itachi, the man who'd "owned" Sakura all this time. Then, to punctuate his order, he gut-punched Ino. Itachi and another man then threw her into the room where Sakura was being kept. The door was locked behind them just moments later.

"Hi, Ino," said Sakura, "long time no see. Although this is hardly how I wanted it to happen."

"Is that you, Sakura?" replied Ino. "It is! It is you. Naruto will be so relieved to know you're okay."

"Well, I wouldn't exactly say 'okay'. So, Naruto's really been thinking of me?"

"You being taken from him has affected him more deeply than he lets on. I've wanted to help him somehow, but Sasuke's always felt we should let him sort it out on his own." Ino looked down. "Now, though, Sasuke's in the same boat. At least he has our kids to keep him busy."

"Come on, have a little faith," said Sakura. "Naruto and Sasuke are strong. They'll survive this. You should really worry about yourself."

"How bad is it here, really?"

"I'm not going to lie; you're never going to get used to being here. No matter how long it's been, or what they tell you, this place will never feel like anything but a prison."

"I know it's not my business, but..."

"Do I think about Naruto?" Sakura smiled weakly. "Often. In fact, my hope of seeing him again one day is all that's kept me going these last five years."

"I wish you had a chance to meet my daughters. They're identical twins. They have their father's hair and eyes, and sometimes it seems they got his personality too. A few years from now, they'll practically be raising themselves."

"It sounds like they'll able be able to cope."

"It gets worse. The people who brought me here also threatened Sasuke and the girls, and trashed the house. I saw it being set on fire as we were leaving. I can't imagine what's going through their minds right now."

"I know they're alright," said Sakura. "I just know it."

"These people who are holding us captive - they're the Akatsuki, aren't they?"

Sakura answered by nodding her head.

Ino had suspected this. "Then I wouldn't be surprised if we got more roommates in the near future. The Akatsuki have stepped up their kidnappings lately. It seems women are in demand among their ranks."

Sakura should be distressed right now, or at least shocked. Right now, though, she was simply relieved that she had someone other than her captors to spend her time with. Her captivity would now be a little more bearable.
Sign up to rate and review this story