Categories > Celebrities > Metallica > That Was Just Your Life

The Call of the Ktulu

by devilsgyrl 2 reviews

James reminds Olivia of something...

Category: Metallica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2010-06-10 - Updated: 2010-06-10 - 2517 words

-1OOC
The next six months flew by like no time had past at all. James and I continued to spend every free moment together. Our relationship grew stronger, and I was finally able to truly believe that he did love me. I knew that what James and I had together was special and that it was a rare kind of relationship. I also knew that I would never let him go, no matter what. If it weren't for James, I would mostly likely be dead or in some kind of depression right now.

Getting over my mom's death was kind of hard. It was strange to come home after school and not have anyone to yell at you or demand your money. I used to get really fed up and annoyed at my mom when she yelled at me, but now, I almost wished I could hear her yell once more if it meant she would be alive. I visited her grave everyday and planted flowers around it now that it was the beginning of summer. I felt lonely lot without my mom, but I would've felt a lot more lonely without James.

Luckily, Kitty had finally given up and had decided to leave James and me alone. I caught her and James in a heated argument a few months ago. Kitty sounded like she was pleading with James about something. James just looked her in the eye, said a few not-so-nice words, and that was the end of those two. Sometimes, I caught Kitty looking at James wistfully. James never returned her glances or even looked her way. He only had eyes for me, and I only had eyes for him.

Life was going good and I started to feel pretty happy again. The images Ray had left indented in my mind were beginning to fade and my body was starting to heal from his abuse. The only thing that had never healed up was that annoying, light pink scar above my belly. I had gotten so annoyed at it that I had actually gone to the drug store and bought scar cream for it that was suppose to make all scars fade. Unfortunately, it hadn't done its job and the scar remained. There was also one other scar that hadn't faded as well. It on the right side of my neck, but it was barely visible. I did my best not to pay attention to it. After all, nobody was going to notice it unless they got up really close to me and intentionally stared at my neck.

Today happened to be the last day of school! My grades had popped up and I had grades of As and Bs. James and I had studied hard for our exams. We worked through our homework responsibly every night, which was quite a hard thing when we kept getting distracted by each other. That was one problem I was having with James. The more time we spent together, the more attracted I got to him. I was seriously turning into some sort of lust queen or something. It was getting hard for me not to imagine James and me in bed together. A part of me even wanted to have sex with him now. Okay, it might hurt a little, but I had a feeling it would bond us even closer together. It was the finally step in securing our love for each other.

Anyways, back to school. My grades were good, but they certainly weren't good enough to earn me a scholarship into any college around here. That wasn't really a huge problem or anything, but it certainly did change my plans for the future. I probably would never get around to having some nice, high paying job, but money didn't mean everything to me. I would be perfectly content if I could just find a steady job at the grocery store or something. My life didn't need to be fancy. I planned to try to find a job on Monday for the summer. I could try to find a job tonight, but I decided it could wait. James and I wanted to celebrate our last day of school together. He told me he had a surprise for me, but he wouldn't tell me what it was.

"Miss Black!" Mrs. Anderson's voice snapped me out of my daydreams. I looked up guiltily and gave her a nervous little smile. I hadn't been bothering to pay any attention in class because it was the last day of school after all. It wasn't like I was going to be tested on anything that was taught in class today or anything.

"What were we just talking about, Olivia?" Mrs. Anderson asked coldly, obviously knowing that I hadn't been listening. I blushed bright pink and avoided her gaze. All the heads in the class swiveled around to look at me. That only made me blush even brighter. That was something I hated about all the kids in our class. They seemed to enjoy watching other students being humiliated. People seemed to like to watch me in pain. Why that was, I did not know.

Just as I was about to admit defeat and tell Mrs. Anderson I hadn't been listening, I felt someone kick me hard under the desk. Wincing, I turned around to see James mouthing the words "polar coordinates" at me. At first, I didn't get what he was saying. But after a moment of thinking, I realized that was the answer to Mrs. Anderson's question.

Trying to act confident, I said firmly, "We were talking about polar coordinates, Mrs. Anderson." Mrs. Anderson gave me a suspicious look and then turned her gaze to James sitting next to me. He had pulled his desk other right next to mine so that we could whisper in class without being noticed. I also liked it because he had a tendency to hold my hand during class.

Shaking her head with regret, Mrs. Anderson sighed, "Hm. Did you really know that Miss Black, or did Mr. Hetfield tell you that?" James and I looked at each other spontaneously and both turned tomato red. Mrs. Anderson actually chuckled and nodded, "I thought so. I know you two are probably thinking about romantic summer plans, but please try to pay attention for the last five minutes of class. After that, you can chitchat all you like."

James and I nodded and waited for Mrs. Anderson to go back to teaching the class. The last five minutes seemed to last an eternity. I found myself checking my watch every fifteen seconds to see how much more time in class we had. I couldn't wait to get out of this stuffy little building and start my summer.

When the bell finally did ring, I grabbed my school books, helped James jam his books into his bag, and hurried out of the door of the class. As we sauntered through the hallway, James took my hand and squeezed it tightly. I glanced up at him and smiled back. Our difference in height was kind of strange. I was about five foot while James was about six feet. He had had a major growth spurt in the last few months and had really shot up in height. Neither of us really cared though. So what if James was taller than me? Our love for each other remained the same. The only difference was the fact that I had to look up at him to talk to him. I just hoped I wouldn't get a crook in my neck from doing it so often.

As soon as we were outside, James started humming a little tune. He was obviously in a pretty good mood. I had to admit that I was in a good mood too. Life was good and we had a nice, relaxing summer ahead of us. Just as I was thinking this, James abruptly stopped whispering and I could see his expression change into a nervous one.

Wondering what was going on, I asked, "Hey, is something wrong?" James didn't answer for a few long minutes. Instead, he just stared at his feet while we walked along and twisted a blonde curl around his finger. I wished he wouldn't make me deal with this suspense. I hated it when he did this to me. All it did was work me up.

Finally, James stopped walking, turned to me, and placed his hands on my shoulders as if he was afraid I was going to run away or something. This wasn't a very good sign. I could tell something was definitely up, and it certainly wasn't a good thing by James' expression. Biting my lip, I refused to look up at him when I asked, "You do have bad news, don't you? Well, quit it with the suspense and just tell me already, will you? I'm dying to know."

I hadn't seen James look this serious in a long time. It was a rare occasion when he wasn't smiling at me. My heart started to race and my mind started to come up with all kinds of possibilities of what he might want to say to me. My heart constricted when I came up with the possibility that maybe he wanted to break up with me. Was that possible? He had just told me that he loved me last night. We had even slept in the same bed for god's sake, he wouldn't break up with me...would he?

"Uh, Olivia? I think I mentioned this once before, but...um...now it's for certain," James told me solemnly. I had no idea what he was talking about, so I just stood there confused and waited for him to elaborate. James continued, "I'm going to Los Angeles for the summer." James almost cringed as he said the words as if he thought I was going to slap him.

Time seemed to stop as his words sank in. So he was leaving for Los Angeles after all! To be honest, I hadn't even remembered that he had told me that he wanted to go there a few months ago. I had gotten so distracted by my mom's death and all the other things going on at that time that I had completely forgotten about the whole LA thing. I couldn't believe that James was really leaving me. I was going to be alone all summer because of this. Why would he leave? There had to be only one reason for that. The reason was that he was tired of having me around and that he was tired of looking after me.

Refusing to meet James' eyes, I jerked out of his grasp and said flatly, "Fine then. You could've told me that earlier. Or, if you really just wanted to get rid of me, you could've just told me. I could've dealt with it." With that, I turned on my heel and walking more quickly towards home. My day had instantly gone from happy to miserable in the matter of two seconds. I still couldn't believe that James was really leaving me. I was starting to wish I had never met him. Spending the summer without James seemed completely unbearable. It was so unbearable that I couldn't even think about it right now.

Running footsteps sounded behind me. James was obviously following me. I wished he wasn't. If he was going to leave me, he might as well leave now and not make things worse. Unfortuantely, James didn't seem to have that same idea in mind. As he approached, he called out, "Olive, wait up! It's not what you think."

I let out a sarcastic laugh that sounded more like a choke, and said, "Um, yeah, it's exactly what I think. You're leaving me. You don't love me anymore and you want to get rid of me. That's all there is to it." James had caught up to me by now and was now striding next to me. I could see his eyes were angry, but he was trying to stay calm regardless.

"Just listen to me for a moment, will you?" James pleaded. I didn't turn my head to look at him. As a matter of fact, I ignored him completely and pretended he wasn't there. However, that got kind of hard to do since James kept pleading and begging me. Finally, I snapped and whirled around to face him, "No, I won't listen to you. If you're going to leave, then just do it now, goddamnit! I wish I had never fucking met you, James Hetfield!"

That was too much for James too. His eyes grow hard and his lips tightened. He reached out, grabbed my shoulders and literally slammed me against the brick building we were walking next to. My eyes widened as I realized that he was holding me pinned against the building. I wanted to slap him, but he was pressing me against the wall in a way that I couldn't move my arms. For a moment, I was scared. Was he going to hurt me?

The hard look in James' eyes started to fade and his entire expression softened. He relaxed his grip on me, but still kept me pressed against the wall. I was suddenly aware of the fact that I could feel his breath on my face and that his cock was pressing between my legs in the most uncomfortable way. Uncomfortable because an all-consuming feeling of longing and desire for him pulsed through my body and my anger quickly melted away.

James shifted, unintentionally pressing harder between my legs. I let out a soft moan and glanced up towards his face. He looked down at me with confusion, obviously confused by my quick changes of emotion. He leaned down as if to whisper something in my ear, but I caught his lips in mine instead. I kissed him sensually, entwining my arms around his neck and pressing closer against his body. So much for being angry at him.

James kissed me back and before I knew it, we were in an intense make out session in the middle of the sidewalk. We kissed for a few minutes until a couple walked by us and sighed with disgust at our affection displayed in public. James and I managed to unglue ourselves somehow. My breath was a little ragged as we separated. That strange feeling of desire was still dancing through my body. It seemed like it was uncontrollable sometimes.

"Olivia, I'm not leaving you," James told me sincerely, retaking my hand and starting to lead me back towards my house again. "You do know that I wouldn't do that. You could come with me. It could be fun. You might like it in Los Angeles. Won't you come too?" Completely speechless, I stared at James with wide eyes.

James should his head and restated his question, "Fuck everything I just said. You're coming with me whether you like it or not. I won't leave you here. I need you with me."
Sign up to rate and review this story