Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Gerard Way & Me

Gerard Way & Me

by MCR_Vampire_321 3 reviews

Based on a movie I watched, can't rememeber the title... About two best friends finding a rock stars phone.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-06-17 - Updated: 2010-06-17 - 970 words - Complete

-1Predictable
Jasmine's POV

I sat in the back of the car next to my three best friends Emily, Sophie and Katie. We were all really excited today. Because Gerard Ways new music video was coming out!
Around here, Gerard Way is a big deal. Everybody on our estate has heard of him and everybody's a huge fan. Me being the biggest (ofcourse!).
I've got seven posters, ALL of his CDs, five tee-shirts and whenever there's an interview with him in a magazine I buy it. Yeah, like I said, I'm a big fan.
My mom finally drove the car into our drive and we all piled out of the car and into my house. I took my brothers XBOX remote out of his hands and changed it to the right channel. We all squeled with excitement. We were just in time for Gerards new video.
We stood up and started dancing to Welcome To The Black Concert. He's an amazing singer and his lyrics are amazing. I actually took some of his songs and changed them a little but they're not that good.
I want to be a singer one day like Gerard and nothing is gonna hold me back.

Gerard's POV

"Hey, check it out! Your new video is up!" Jeff said, gesturing towards the TV monitor.
"I don't care!" I snapped back "The video looks lame!"
"Gerard, dude, I know you didn't like the video... But it's what's in style now! Come on, do you really think teenagers are going to like something NOT in fashion?"
"I don't know." I replied, shrugging my shoulders "And I don't really care. I just want to express myself."
"We have a contract." Jeff reminded me "You'll sing what I tell you to sing. You got that?"
"Yeah. Whatever." I left the room, angry. I usually stormed out angrily after talking to Jeff.
I opened my Lyrics Book and began copying them into my cell phone as I usually did. The REAL lyrics to Welcome To The Black Concert. The song wasn't originally titled that, it was Welcome To The Black Parade. It went like this...
'When I was, a young boy, my father, took me into the city, to see a marching band...' and the chorus was 'We'll carry on... We'll carry on...'
But not. My total idea was ruined, by Jeff...
'When I was, younger, my dad, he took me to the city, to see a rock concert...' Oh, the chorus gets worse 'I'll sing with you... I'll sing with you...'
The whole sound and image I was going for was completely ruined! I sighed, putting my head in my hands. Maybe people wouldn't like my original music, but I liked it! And it had to count for something, right?

Jasmine's POV

"That was amazing!" I giggled, after Emily, Sophie and Katie left. My mum frowned at me though.
"I wish you wouldn't do that thing you do on the sofa." I had jumped on the sofa, knocking it down backwards and jumped off it onto the floor. I thought it looked pretty good, but I was wrong apparently "It messes up the sofa... Espiecally while you're wearing trainers!"
I looked at the floor, feeling guilty "I'm sorry Mum, I was just really excited abou-"
"I know sweetie. But maybe you should go do your homework now..."
I walked upstairs, knowing that I wasn't going to DO my homework. I picked up my guitar and started strumming. I was working on a new song called The Closed Door. I would write down the lyrics... But they're stupid. Really.
"I would be able to get done quicker, if someone wasn't having band practice next door!" I heard my sister moaning from next door. I smiled and carried on strumming, not being put off.
Suddenly, my door swung open and my Mum appeared in the doorway "Done your homework?" she asked.
"Actually, I was doing it right now..." I lied "Making a song to help me... Remember some countries."
She looked at the piece of paper in front of me "What does The Closed Door stand for?" she asked, one eyebrow raised.
"Uhhh... The countries of... The... Corey Islands." I replied, noticing the name COREY TAYLOR at the top of my Kerrang Magazine.
My Mum picked up the sheet of paper "An island of hope in a sea of distress? Is that how you feel honey?"
I sighed heavily "Mom! It's JUST a song! You don't have to over re-act about it, like you are with that 100 year old house!"
My mom is petitionning to keep a 100 year old house standing. It's going nowhere because nobody CARES about a stupid 100 year old house. Mum reckons it's going to keep our whole town in swing but I think that's stupid.
"I'm not over re-acting! It's a famous land mark! One day, hundreds of tourists could come from all over the world to see that house!"
"No offence Mom, but NOBODY cares about it!"
"Fine, fine..." She said, giving up the subject "But-"
The phone rang so I seized the oppurtunity and picked it up. "Hello?"
"GERARD WAY IS GOING TO BE FILMING HIS NEW MUSIC VIDEO DOWN THE ROAD!" I heard three excited voices squel.
"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD, WHEN?" I screamed back, jumping up and down.
"THURSDAY, WE HAVE TO..." My mum pushed the button and made me hang up on my friends.
"Bet you wish you'd done your homework now, huh?" She smirked and walked out. As soon as she was gone, I glanced at my laptop and saw the excited messages from my friends about Thursday. Stuff homework, this is WAY more important! Haha, get it... Way? Forget it...

I suck at this, but I'd love it if you reviewed and rated my story :D
Sign up to rate and review this story