Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Forget me not

dont be so hard on yourself

by crazyasshats0990 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-06-19 - Updated: 2010-06-19 - 1712 words

0Unrated
“So how are you feeling today?” heather asked as she took a seat next to the bed
“Is it true that im the lead singer of a band?” the whole room stopped moving.
“Who told you this?” Patrick was standing next to me, with a serious look.
“ The nurse that was in here before you guys came up. She said that her daughter used to see me in concert all the time.”
“We have a band. Called Cardboard Armor. Im not trying to be funny, but we were kind of a big deal. We started when we were like 19, and then these guys found us. They’re band is called Fall out boy.” for some reason that sounds familiar.
“That band name sounds familiar. But I really don’t know. What about my family why arent they here?” Heather looks at me.
“well, you don’t have a lot of family. Your dad was here for a little bit, but then he had to get back, and so was your aunt and grandma. We stayed cause, well we couldn’t leave with out you.” She tries to smile and make it less stressful.
“What about my mom?” A few people shuffled around and Patricks hand met his mouth, with the thought of ‘how to explain this’
“Be honest with me. Shes not coming is she? Do we not get along?” I was concerned, did I do something that my mother wouldn’t want to come?
“Sweetie its not that she doesn’t want to come, she cant.” Patrick was being very sympathetic.
“What do you mean she cant?” I knew what he was going to say. And I was trying to hold it in.
“She’s dead, babe. Im sorry.” He put his hand on my leg, and for the firs time, I didn’t feel like pushing him away. I felt like I needed a hug, but I couldn’t ask any of them, I didn’t know them.
“It’s ok. Really. Ill be ok. It’s not the end of the world. Remember, I cant remember anything at all.” I laughed and the only reason they did was to make it so I wasn’t laughing alone. Patrick got up and whispered something to everyone and everyone started to get up.
“Where is everyone going?” I was kinda nervous, they weren’t going to leave me in here with this guy. I mean he didn’t look like he’d do something, but I didn’t know him. After everyone left, it was just me and Patrick.

He was walking around touching things.
“So, uh, you look better.” He smiled at me.
“So we’re getting married? Wow. How long have we been dating?” I couldn’t stop looking at him, apart of me felt like I had known him forever, and the other part didn’t even know myself.
“Yeah we are, well were. And we’ve been dating for 3 years. And just for the record, it’s been the best 3 years of my life.” he seemed nervous when he said this, like he didn’t know if he should say that to me.
“Can I ask you something? How long have I been in the hospital?” he sat down on the bed with me. And he took in a breath.
“well. The accident was about 4 months ago. And you were in a coma since then. They always said you would wake up, but no one knew when. It was up in the air. But they never told us that you wouldn’t remember anything.” he looked like he had been cheated out of life. And I felt bad for him, because who ever I was that he fell in love with, is no longer here, and I don’t know how to get her back. The room went quiet and all you could hear were the sounds of the hallway.
“is there, um, is there anything you remember about me?” he was quiet and if I wouldn’t have been so in tune with his breathing, I would have missed the question.
“No. I’ve been trying so hard to remember all of you guys, but I cant I don’t know any of you. And you all have your own stories and memories with me, and I have none of that. None whats so ever. It’s frustrating.” he looked away at me and I could tell there was something wrong with him. I touched his arm, and he immediately looked at me. He touched my arm, and he starting leaning in to me. I felt like I had no choice, but at the same time, I wanted to know what the hell made me fall for this guy in front of me.
“Im gonna kiss you, because I cant remember how you taste.” we laughed at that. And then he did kiss me. And I felt this weird feeling, but it felt so familiar.

About an hour later everyone came back and everyone noticed the improvement with Patrick’s mood so it made everyone alittle less tense. The guys decided to leave, and Patrick kissed me goodbye. Everyone got excited over the idea of me and him kissing. Heather, Stephanie and Rachel, stayed.
“Can I ask you guys a question? Was I in love with Patrick?”
“Very. He was everything you ever wanted. And he loves you. You guys had an amazing relationship. He never left, you know. He was always here.” heather smiled at me.
“I just don’t know what to do. I don’t want him to have to work his way back to what we used to have. That wouldn’t be fair to him. I cant just let him waste three years.” I sighed and put my head back on the bed.
“give him a chance, cause he’s not going anywhere.” it started to get late and visiting hours were ending. We said our goodbyes and I drifted off in to sleep.

Im standing in front of a mirror with heather, Stephanie, and Rachel. And were all fixing our hair. It seems were in some kind of restaurant. We walk out of the bathroom and were all talking about something that took place when we were like 17. We walk to the table, and there are the guys sitting there talking. They all look really nice, and they’re laughing about something. Me and Patrick’s eyes meet and I feel like I could take on the world because he just winked at me. We all sit down next to our respective boyfriends and I take a sip of my water. For some reason it seems as though all eyes are on me and Patrick but I cant seem to find out why. And then Patrick says that he has something he would like to say. And looks at me in front of every one and tells me he loves me and that im all he’s ever going to need. He pulled out a blue velvet box and my heart sank. “will you marry me?” I practically screamed yes and everyone in the whole place clapped. And I kissed him full on. The most passionate of kisses. Those blue eyes. They were all ever wanted to see.

I woke up to those blue eyes looking at me and for once in my life since, I’ve been here I can remember alittle of what my life used to be. I smile at him and he returns the gesture by kissing me like he did in my dream, like he always did apparently. Those lips are so soft. They make me melt.

“So the doctors said that if you’re feeling up to it today, you can go home.” He was super excited.
“That’s great, but I have no idea where I live or if I even have a house.” I laughed, and his face fell alittle bit.
“You live with me. We have a house together in L.A. If for some reason you don’t want to stay with me, I’m sure you can always stay with Heather or someone. Maybe family back at home.” He smiled that smile. The one that said a thousand words.

“No, I can stay with you. I mean after all, I need to try and remember where I left off. I need to know everything about who I used to be so I can be there with you again.” he was walking around the room, touching my flowers and reading cards.
“You know when you first came in here, I read these get well cards a million times, I could recite them if I had to. I never thought you were going to wake up, but I always thought that maybe, maybe if I waited, if I prayed, if I put all my faith in everything I knew, you would wake up and you smile at me with those gorgeous eyes and everything would be alright. And then the doctor told me that you may not remember any of us. Anything about us. And it killed me. I just don’t want you to think you need to try and make my life easier. That I need the one who needs to get better. I want everything to be the way it was, but Im willing to do everything and more for you to be in love with me again.” he had turned around and now he was sitting next to me, with my hand in his, and he was looking down.
“I may not remember you. But I like that you never gave up hope. That you were always here and always are here. I just don’t want you to have to back track three years, to make me fall in love with you again.” I started to get misty eyed. He grabbed my face gently and he looked right into my eyes.
“Ill make you fall in love with me a million times if I have to. Because you are all I’ve ever needed. I don’t want to be with anyone else.” he kissed my forehead and the door opened to the doctor stepping inside.
Sign up to rate and review this story