Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Woods are Bad News

The Woods are Bad News

by Hands-Stained-Red 7 reviews

You look like a dumbass. Gerard smirked, "We're the same person so you look like one too."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2010-06-23 - Updated: 2010-06-23 - 639 words

4Funny
Put your hood up. Pull the drawstrings. Pull 'em tight, you don't want to be any colder than you have to be. Step on that leaf, listen to it crunch. Step on the next one too. These were the things the little voice in Gerard's head was telling him.

You're doing that little zigzag movement now you know, it told him. He sighed. "I know," he whispered.

You look like a dumbass. Gerard smirked, "We're the same person so you look like one too." No one can see me though. The voice was right. Gerard sighed in defeat.

It was that time of fall when it everything was it's most colorful. The few weeks right before Halloween. The trees were either naked or still clung to a few assorted colored leafs. The trees were shy. He stopped his zigzag movements and stared up at the nearest tree.

"It's okay to be shy, I am too," Gerard confided in the tree. A few leafs fell from higher branches and Gerard smiled. You're a dumbass, have I told you that yet today? "Yeah. Yeah, you have."

Gerard looked around the almost empty street. A few people were walking, struggling to hold packages and coats close to their bodies. Pumpkins and paper bats outlined the shops all throughout town. Classic black witch hats, werewolf masks, and vampire cloaks and fangs were on display for kids to marvel at. Sugared treats, colorful costumes, and the buzzing of spook stories that accompanied this time of year.

Gerard had heard many stories about the woods he enjoyed walking so close to. How people disappeared in them, the screams that supposedly happened late at night, how if you went in you didn’t come out without some kind of scar to prove it. So far Gerard was severely disappointed. He had not yet been scarred, kidnapped, heard ghostly noises, or seen any supernatural activity of any kind.

Gerard wandered into the boundary of the forest and sat down against an old oak tree. "You're not so scary you know," he said putting his hand on the gnarled roots. Gerard sat snuggled up against the base of the old oak and listened to the leaves being blown around. He watched a couple squirrels scramble around frantically collecting all the acorns they could manage. He pulled out his smokes and lit a cigarette. He drew in the smoke and blew out. You should really quit. Those death sticks will put you in an early grave.

He wished he had his sketchbook. This would have been the perfect time to work on his zombie and vampire cartoons.

Vampires and zombies aren't real dumbass. "How would you know that?" Gerard asked out loud. Because you're sitting in a forest that's supposed to be chalk full of them and I’ve not seen a damn thing but a few squirrels and you killing yourself on cigarettes. "Fuck you," he said taking one last inhale of his cigarette before putting it out on the root of the tree.

"Fuck me?" a voice said from behind Gerard. Gerard scrambled to his feet looking at the tree in shock. Doing a 360 and scanning the forest around him, Gerard saw no one. He walked around the tree a few times looking for the source of the voice. He finally stood rooted in the spot he started in staring at the tree in disbelief.

"Trees can talk?" Gerard asked tentatively.

"Yeah, and rabbits fly to the moon every night," said a voice coming from the branches of the tree. Gerard looked up and saw a guy sitting happily on the branches giggling.

"Who are you?"


Ohh, maybe I won't quit on this story. Anyway, a review gets you another chapter, and if you rate it that'd be pretty cool too. I thank you kindly my dears.
Sign up to rate and review this story