Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This is the Best Day Ever

Chapter 5

by MyChemicalSecret 7 reviews

Frank goes over to Gerard's house and is interrogated by Mikey.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-06-26 - Updated: 2010-06-26 - 1889 words

1Funny
A/N: I'm really sorry for not posting for such a long time! Because it's the end of the year and all, a lot has been happening and I kept forgetting to write DX Please forgive me!! I hope this chapter makes up for it! I also hope that it's not TOO girly! ;)

Gerard woke up Tuesday morning unusually energetic. Despite the fact that it was morning, he was strangely cheery and awake. It didn’t even seem to bother him that Mikey forgot to buy Frankenberry yesterday. As Gerard happily munched on his Pop Tarts, he was unaware of his younger brother staring at him. Mikey had noticed his peculiar behavior and seriously worried. Usually by this time, Gerard was still half asleep and extremely grumpy. Instead, he was perky and wide awake. The sudden change somewhat scared Mikey, but he decided to shake it off.

The younger Way wasn’t the only one to see the change in attitude. As the brothers walked to school with Ray and Bob, they all studied Gerard as if he were an alien. The watched the merry swing in his arms, the bounce in his steps and the way he was humming.

“Gee?” asked Ray. “Are you okay?”

Gerard turned to him, his eyebrows knotted in confusion. “Yeah…….” He responded, as if it was completely obvious.

“You seem kinda……. weird today” Ray continued.

“Do I? I’m not sure…” Gerard looked at the sky. “I guess I’m sort of… happy this morning.”

“Erm…. Okay…” They didn’t discuss it any further, Even as Gerard ran across the street to pick a flower.





Sitting in homeroom, Gerard was drawing in his sketchbook. He was excited to show Frank his finished drawing. In the end, he didn’t pick a name with “Darwin” in it. He decided that Spaceboy, like the Smashing Pumpkins song, suited him better.

As Gerard put the last touches on Spaceboy, Frank sat down beside him. He looked up at the smaller boy and smiled.

“Hi.” He greeted.

“Hey” Frank chirped back. “What cha drawin’?”

“I just finished it actually.” Gerard responded, handing the sketchbook to Frank. “It’s a superhero I made. His name is Spaceboy.”

Frank carefully took the sketchbook from Gerard, as if the slightest touch will make it go up in flames. As he looked over the picture, he noted how much effort and care was put into it. Every stroke you could see how much love he had for drawing. Frank was extremely jealous.

“Wow…” he breathed, handing the sketchbook back to Gerard. “Gah! I don’t even know what to say! It’s REALLY good! I tend to kill kittens whenever my pencil touches paper.”

Gerard smiled bashfully, blushing. “It’s not THAT good…”

“Yes it is!” Frank insisted. “It’s just so amazing. I wish I could do what you do.”

“Thanks.” Gerard said from behind his fringe.

“You should make it into a comic!” The younger boy suggested. “If you can make a character like that, imagine how the plot would turn out!”

“Yeah I was actually thinking of that. I also had a story in mind to go with it.”

“Now I’m all excited!” squealed Frank. “I’m gonna buy like 10000 copies! Yikes….. I just got all girly there, didn’t I?”

“A bit.” Gerard laughed. He looked over the picture again, suddenly inspired and determined to make the comic happen.




The rest of the day flew by. As usual, classes were boring, but Gerard and Frank, and sometimes Bob or Ray passes the time laughing and fooling around.

“So, Frank,” Ray started, shoving his books into his locker “You’re coming over to Gerard and Mikey’s house too, right?”

“Yep.” Frank confirmed.

“Just to warn you ahead of time,” Gerard said, “Mikey’s wanted to do this 20 questions thing with anybody new since last year. Since we haven’t really made any new friends he’s really excited right now. Just don’t get freaked out when he bombards you with dumb questions, okay?”

“It’s no problem at all!” Frank assured them, “Honestly, I think it’s actually a good way to get to know someone.”

“Alright, just don’t say we didn’t warn you. My brother’s mentally insane, so this is going to be weird.”

The five boys walked to the Way residence. From his spot on Bob’s back, Mikey argued with Ray as to whether blue raspberries were real or not.

“They obviously are!” Mikey said to Ray. “Id they weren’t, why would there be so many candies that had that flavour?”

“Candy makers just made blue raspberry up because there weren’t enough blue fruits!!!” Ray countered. “Its just raspberry with blue food colouring! It doesn’t exist!”

Mikey gasped. “You’re insane! That’s like saying unicorns don’t exist!”

“THEY DON’T!!!” the afro boy yelled, exasperated.

“FUCK YOU!” Mikey spat and Ray and buried his face in Bob’s shoulder, angrily.

“See what I have to put up with?!?!” Gerard whined to Frank, who giggled. “Now I’m the one who has to sort it out!”

Gerard stopped walking and turned to Ray.

“Okay. Ray, how do you know it isn’t a real fruit? Have you ever even seen one?”

“….No…” Ray said.

“Exactly. And Mikey.” Gerard turned to his brother. “Same goes to you. You’ve never seen one so how can you prove that it’s real?”

Mikey grumbled to himself.

“For all we know, it could be that candy makers are lying to us, or some where out there there’s a bush that grows blue raspberries. If not on this planet, then on a different one. The bottom line is, we might never know.”

“Okay…” Both Ray and Mikey said, defeated.

“Good. Now make up before I give both of you wedgies.”

The two boys shook hands and the walk was continued in silence.



The five boys reached Gerard and Mikeys house minutes later. Still on Bobs back, Mikey stretched out his arms and said in a horrible French accent “Eeer wee are. Zis iz di ‘ouse. ‘Ome sweet ‘ome!”

As Frank practically fell over, Gerard stared at his brother. “Never do that again.” He then turned to Frank and whispered, “See? Mentally insane!!”

Apon the boys entering the house, they were greeted by a middle age woman with puffy, oversized platinum blond hair.

“Hi GeeBear and Mikey! How are my favourite boys?”

“Oh, god.” Gerard mumbled to Frank.

“Ray! Bob! It’s so nice to see you!” She said cheerfully. “How was school?”

As the boys responded and the women fussed over Gerard’s hair, she noticed Frank and her face lit up even more, if it was even possible.

“And who’s this cutie?” she asked, extending her hand to Frank. “Hello, honey, my name is Donna. I’m Mikey and Gerard’s mother.”

“Hello, Donna. I’m Frank. It’s really nice to meet you.” He responded politely.

“What a sweetie!” Donna cooed. “Mikey! Gerard! You could learn a thing or two from Frank here.”

“Mom, stop harassing Frank!” Mikey said, lightly pulling his mother away from the boy.

“Okay, okay. I’m going.” She tsked. “If you boys need anything, just yell. And help yourself to anything in the kitchen. Especially you Frank, you’re skin and bones!”

When Donna left, Gerard turned to Frank blushing. “Sorry about her. She’s the touchy feely type that obsesses over everything.”

“It’s fine! I thought she was really nice, actually.” Frank assured him with a smile.

The five headed to the kitchen and grabbed Cokes and chips. They then went to the living room and sat on the floor. (Because really, who needs couches?)

“Okay.” Mikey said before they even got a chance to sit down. “It’s question time! Do you think you can handle it, Frank?”

“Uhh…. Yeah…?”

“Okay. What’s your favourite colour?”

Frank was kinda of surprised by the simplicity of the question but went along with it anyway.

“Red and black.”

“What is your favourite band or bands?”

“Black Flag and Beastie Boys”

“Favourite food?”

“Veggie Burgers”

“Vampires or Werewolves?”

“Vampires”

“Vampires or Zombies?”

“Uhhhh…. Pirates.”

“Favourite candy?”

“Sour Watermelon Slices”

“Coffee or tea?”

“Tea”

“Favourite body part?” Mikey wiggled his eyebrows.

“Eyes” Frank laughed.

“Favourite instrument?”

“Guitar”

“Red Bull?”

“YES”

“Would you dress in drag?”

“Already have”

Mikey raised his eyebrows, surprised. “Please elaborate.”

“When I was like, 10, my older cousins put me in a dress. It wasn’t bad but the dress was kind of itchy.”

The other boys visualized Frank in a puffy pink dress and burst out laughing.

“Oh shut up!” He said, though he was smiling.

“Okay.” Mikey said, wiping his eyes. “On with the questions! Sports?”

“I’m allergic”

“Rich or famous?”

“Neither.”

“Birds or bees?”

“Dinosaurs!”

“Morning or night?”

“Night.”

“Any idols?”

“Billie Joe Armstrong.”

“Videogames or movies?”

“I refuse to choose between the two!”

“Indoors or outdoors.”

“Indoors”

“Star Trek or Star Wars?”

“Live long and prosper.”

“And now for the last question! Are you ready Frank?”

“Yes.”

“Are you sure?”

“YES.”

“Are you absolutely positi-“
“Just ask the question!!!”

“Okay! Girls or guys?”

Everyone looked at Frank. He looked at the ceiling, thinking. For some reason, Gerard found himself suddenly nervous.

“…… Uhhmmm….. well…… I’ve never actually kissed either so how would I know? I mean…I liked a girl once but she ended up being a bitch… but I’ve never liked a guy.”

“So… bisexual?” Mikey pressed.

“I don’t know. Girls… for now… wait…girls are gross! I honestly have no idea.”

“Aaahh, the joys of puberty.” Mikey sighed. Everyone just looked at him as if he had a second face.

“Let’s play videogames.” Ray suddenly said.

“Woo!” Everyone cheered. The boys fought for space on the couch as Ray hooked up the Xbox and inserted Call of Duty. When Ray noticed there wasn’t any more room, he huffed and sat on the floor. The sofa was only actually meant for three people, so Mikey lay across Bob, Gerard and Frank and tried to shoot at Ray in his uncomfortable position.

Hours later, the boys got tired of getting their asses kicked by Ray, so they decided to watch Sponge Bob. When they noticed it was on, Frank squealed and gave his full attention to the screen. Gerard suddenly noticed how huge Frank’s hoodie was on him. He was practically swimming in it! As Frank curled into a ball and rested his chin on his knees, he reminded Gerard of a kitten. Okay, he had to stop relating Frank to things that were cute! Gerard, you’re straight! Kittens are cute. Frank is your friend. HE IS NOT CUTE............ maybe a bit.

“AAARRRGG!” Gerard said loudly.

Everybody looked at him, confused. “Are you okay?” Asked Mikey.

Gerard blushed. He didn’t mean to yell out loud. “Umm, yeah. I’m just angry as to how much of a douche Squidward is.” He covered up.

Mikey nodded slowly. “Okaaaaayy….”

Gerard turned back to the screen and tried to look interested in whatever was on. Unfortunately, it was the break and he was trying to look engrossed in a diaper commercial. Great.


R&R and dinosaurs shall be distributed!
Sign up to rate and review this story