Categories > Anime/Manga > Mirage of Blaze > My Cat.

Chapter 1 - I am a Cat.

by erah_haruna205 0 reviews

A story about Naoe being a cat.

Category: Mirage of Blaze - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Parody,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-06-28 - Updated: 2010-06-28 - 1600 words - Complete

0Unrated
A Mirage of Blaze AU Fanfiction : “My Cat, Naoe.”

Chapter 1 – “I am a Cat.”

Late night in March.

The weather forecast claimed that Spring has arrived but there was a light rain of snow that afternoon.

Takaya has taken the initative to wear extra clothes to bed after dinner because of the cold. The teenager slept peacefully while hugging someone’s suit jacket. The suit jacket belongs to a man whom Kagetora could never imagine living without.

It was a peaceful night…

BEEP.BEEP.BEEP.BEEEEP.

If it weren’t for the shrill ringing of his cell phone.

Groaning, Takaya blindly search for the annoying device on the side table, "he-hello?"

"BAKATORA! Where the hell are you?"

Takaya's eyebrow twitch as he sluggish mind recognizes Chiaki's annoying voice.

"Where the hell I should be at this time of the night?” The Yashashuu leader yawns, “In my bedroom off course!"

Nagahide sighs impatiently, "well, get over here! At Naoe's apartment!"

At the mention of Naoe's name, Takaya immediately sits up, awake and alert. "What happened? Is Naoe hurt?"

"Something like that. Look, I can’t really explain now because I myself don’t know the details. Just come to Naoe’s apartment as quickly as you can. Haruhie will be there, waiting for us."

"Right, I'm on my way." Takaya jumps off his bed and get ready.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Takaya arrives at Naoe's apartment building in less than 15 minutes, a record breaker. Considering how slippery the road was due to the rain and cutting through trucks and cars, Takaya was lucky enough to reach the place in one peace.

The boy grumbles at how slow it takes for the elevator to reach down so he just ran up the stairs. By the time he reaches Naoe’s apartment door at the 17th floor, Takaya fell to his knees. This must be how it feels like for being chased by a pack of wild dogs from Kyoto to Tokyo.

Not wasting another minute, Takaya slams the door open and demands, "what happened?! Where’s Naoe?"

Haruhie and Nagahide are at the livingroom. The female possessor stands up from the couch. Takaya didn't like her facial expression at all. She didn’t answer his questions but instead beckons him to the master bedroom. There he saw his handsome retainer lying on his bed. He seemed to be sleeping, but he's very pale. As pale as a corpse.

It took Takaya a moment to realize the room...is a complete mess. Tables and chairs toppled over. Broken shards on the floor. The window is broken, part of the ceilings and walls has scratch marks. Not even a group of robbers could attempt such a scene.

"Haruhie wanted to ask Naoe about the all girl’s school haunting case but he never pick up his phone. Worried, she came here. And saw this." Nagahide explains, "and then called me if I knew anything. But like you, I’m also shock at what I saw."

Takaya carefully approached the figure lying on the bed. He didn't take off his shoes so he's not too worried that he'll injure himself from all those shards. Naoe is lying on the bed like how a corpse is laid to rest in the coffin, "did you move him?"

Haruhie shakes her head, "he's in that position the moment I stepped in.”

“Did you sense anything? Any residual presence?"

Again Haruhie shakes her head, "none. As if nothing happened at all. But obviously we can tell from this scene that Naoe was battling an enemy. We just don’t know who and how it became like this."

Takaya touches Naoe’s face and jerks back from the coldness. It was like touching a corpse!

"I already checked his pulse and all." This time Nagahide narrate his report, "all I could say is…..Naoe's body is fine….physically…"

Takaya turn around sharply, "what do you mean physically?"

Chiaki sighs and takes off his glasses to wipe them, "to say it bluntly, Naoe is empty."

"Empty….." Takaya echoes dumbly. Trying to process the information.

"Yes, his body is okay. But his soul is nowhere. Just like what happened to you back in the Tsutsuga mirror case. Howeever, this time there's no mirror to trap Naoe's soul."

Takaya paled like a corpse as well, "what? So Naoe’s soul is missing? Or taken? don't tell me you mean Nobunaga-"

"Calm down. If it was Oda, he would have purposely make a more mess than these. If possible, leave a banner on the wall saying "Oda was here, love ya."

Haruhie gasps and turned around to exit the bedroom. Neither of the other Yashashuu members notice her leaving the room.

"Then who? Takeda?"

"Like Oda, I think Kosaka would add a few more crayons to his banner." Nagahide smoke his cigs cooly.

The gesture annoyed the teenager, "This is no laughing matter Chiaki!" Takaya shouts at his overly calm retainer.

"It's you who should calm down, Kagetora!" the bespectacled Yashasuu glares back at him.

Haruhie raise her voice to stop the bickering, "both of you! stop it! I found Naoe's spirit!".

"Where?" both the boys turn to her.

"Here."

She held up a.... cat.

A very... fat... fluffy.... white cat.

“Meow?” It mews delicately at them.

"HARUHIE!"

"I'M NOT JOKING!" she shouts back, dead serious.

Nagahide is blowing smoke circles in the air. Acting like he doesn’t know her.

"God, Haruhie, it's not funny." Takaya sighs and rub his forehead.

Haruhie's brow twitch and stomps to her leader, "just touch him!", forcing Kagetora to hold the furball.

"Kagetora-sama….."

Takaya almost drop the purring machine, "what the hell?"

"See what I mean?"

"There’s.... there’s a soul in this animal... But Haruhie! You've gotta be kidding me! there's no way... it’s not possible for Naoe to be... a cat!"

“Kagetora, we are possessors. We can possess non-humans as our medium, obvious reasons as to why we don’t possess animals like cats and dogs are because we can’t really call forth Bishamonten with our paws as well as chant with meows and barkings.” Nagahide explains.

"Nagahide, stop pretending you didn't hear me and attempt to walk out of this room." Haruhie grabs his collar.

Takaya pats the white furball, "how in the world did you found this cat, Nee-san? When I stepped in, there was no cat at all."

Haruhie points to the shattered window of the livingroom, "the cat just jumped in from God knows where. And the moment I touch him, I sense Naoe's spirit."

"And purple monkeys came out from my nose."

"I said I'm not joking Kagetora!" Haruhie forms a ball of purple fire between her hands, threatening her leader.

"Wait! Calm down!" Takaya backs away a few steps, "I believe you, I believe you.."

Chiaki shakes his head. Haruhie must be at that time of the month.

"So…..what now?" Takaya asks uncertainly. The cat in his arms is getting heavier by the minute as it... as Naoe licks his fingers affectionately. The teenager is not sure whether Naoe was doing that consciously or not.

"Give me a few days to research on how to return a possessor's soul back to his or her host body." Nagahide raise his hand as if in class.

"I'll clean up this place and protect Naoe's host body with a barrier. The enemy might come back for a rematch. Things might become worst if people knew something happened to this room.
They'll think it's the work of a poltergeist and explaining Naoe's state of body won't be easy to the police or Shaman." Haruhie raise her hand as well.

"Then….what about this cat?" Takaya asks.

"Off course, you take care of it." The two possessors said together.

"What?! Me?!"

"I'm sure Naoe will be more than happy to live with you for a few days until I could find the right spell to return him to normal." Chiaki smirks, "just ask the kitty."

Takaya cringe, this is ridiculous. Taking in Naoe? Back home?

He held the fat animal in his hand and stare at its’ green eyes which stares back at him. To his surprise, the cat licks his nose!

"Mew!"

"Oh Naoe, you're such a flirt." Haruhie laughs.

"Naoe!" Takaya blushes as red as an apple.

"Mew?" The cat just mews back at him with an innocent cat-grin. It's chubby tail twirl around.

"Stop mewing like a damn cat, you.... you..." Takaya growls in annoyance.

"I think since this is the first time Naoe had to posses an animal out of desperate measures, he still hasn't completely master the cat's body." Nagahide deduct his observation, "so talking to him may not be optional yet. But probably Naoe can still hear us through the cat's ears. Give him some time, he may be talking back to you by tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.."

Takaya stare at the cat's green eyes closely. Trying to sense any presence at all within the warm furry animal.

"This is ridiculous." He sighs.

"Well, you did heard his voice right?" Haruhie reminded him. "Somewhat telepathically."

"Okay, fine. I’ll take care of this ca—I mean Naoe. It’s almost dawn now, I need to return home. I left without telling Miya and I don't want her to panic."

"Sure."

"Okay."

As Chiaki and Takaya left the room, Haruhie sighs as she searches for the broom to begin cleaning up.

“Seriously Naoe. What happened to you?”

The body on the bed remain silent... like how any bodies should behave in a morgue.

To be continue...
Sign up to rate and review this story