Categories > Anime/Manga > Mirage of Blaze > My Cat.

Chapter 2 - My Cat, a bear and my sister

by erah_haruna205 0 reviews

a new not so ordinary pet joining the Ougi family.

Category: Mirage of Blaze - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2010-06-28 - Updated: 2010-06-28 - 3268 words - Complete

0Unrated
Mirage of Blaze.

Chapter 2 – “My Cat, A Bear and My Sister.”

Good thing Takaya wore his white jacket with blue stripes or else he wouldn't know how to carry the furry animal during the ride back home. The night air was chilly, saves for the warm bundle on his tummy. The cat must have fallen asleep because it didn't mew anymore after he parked his bike.

"Oi Naoe! Wake up! Don’t expect me to carry you up the stairs just because you’re a cat."

Takaya unzip his jacket and carefully pull the cat out. Despite Kagetora’s words, the boy possessively holds him in his arms he walks up the creaky stairs.

“Mew~”

“Yeah, good morning to you too.”

The teenager still has trouble acknowledging that he's holding Naoe now. That…. this… this white fat animal is Naoe. The man who protected him from the glass shards at school. The man who taught him about his past. The man who stops him from drinking because he's underage, despite knowing takaya is more than 400 years old. Kagetora sighs as he unlocks the door.

"Nii-chan? Is that you?"

"Miya?" Takaya was surprised to see his sister in the kitchen. She was in the middle of wearing her apron over her school uniform. But a quick glance at the wall clock indicates that the time is barely past 6! Kagetora was too shocked that he forgot he's holding Naoe in his arms, which Miya took notice and immediately squeal with a pink face.

“Mew?”

"Oh my God! Is that a cat? It’s a cat right? Right? Oh! What a cute kitty! Where did you find it, Nii-chan? She's so chubby and cute! And her fur is so soft! Like a high bred pet!" Miya gushes and steals the kitty from Takaya's grasp.

Takaya scratch his head, didn't have the heart to explain to his sister that she's squeeling over his retainer there, "uh... I didn’t exactly pick up Nao--- I mean, picked up Kitty... uh...something happened and uh…you see… this Kitty belongs to my friend’s friend. She asked me to take care of it for a few days because she's in a holiday---"

"Why off course we can take care of Kitty, Nii-chan!” Miya giggles and enjoys the feel of Naoe’s fur, only half listening to Takaya’s made up excuse, “Just leave her to me! I'll feed her and bathe her and prim her and brush her pretty fur nightly and play with her and pamper her just like a queen!"

Takaya sweatdropped more, "uh….the cat is a male, Miya."

Miya stopped in the midst of her dancing, "no way! What a pretty male cat you are!" she resume her dancing with the cat in her hands. Naoe looked like he's about to puke from all that turning and swirling.

Takaya shrink away from his sister. This is the reason why he couldn't bring any pets home. Especially cats. Miya has this really serious obsession to just about any cute little animals. Well, Naoe is pretty large and chubby. Miya seems to be in love with Naoe because of his...fluffiness and the so Naoe became her latest victim.

"Uh Miya, I think you should put down the cat now." Takaya try to persuade her.

"Oh! Let me get some milk for you!" she talks to the cat as if she hasn't heard her brother speaking just now.

“Meooow~”

Naoe mews pitifully as the younger sibling place him on her brown head and swing the door of the fridge open. Humming a happy tune.

"Uh, Miya?"

She press the kitty's white head to the bowl, but Takaya can tell that Naoe rather drink some coffee.

"Yeah?", she smiles when Naoe as he gave up and licks the white liquid. Just so she stop drowning his furry face into the bowl.

"Why are you up so early? It's only ten past six."

"Oh, remember I joined a new club last semester? I have morning practice before class. There will be a competition next month and I really want to improve my skills."

"I see…uh, Miya?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't think Nao- I meant, Kitty seems to have enough milk to last the morning so you can stop pushing his head into the bowl.....or Kitty may drown...”

True enough, Naoe emits a pitiful drowned mew, “mrrghhggrreeoow~”

Miya giggles as if she didn’t see any fault in what she just did, "ahaha! Sorry Kitty!"

Takaya mentally shakes his head, Miya was almost killing his Naoe there! How will he explain to Nagahide and Haruhie that Naoe drowned because Miya forced him with milk?!

To prevent any more harm on his poor milk-face-drenched feline retainer, Takaya pushes Miya out of the kitchen, "now look at the time, you need to go to school right?"

Miya pouts, “but I haven’t started cooking breakfast yet.”

“It’s alright. I can cook my own food.” Takaya hands her school bag and lead her to the door.

Naoe the cat trail after the siblings.

Miya look back over her brother’s shoulder and call out, "bye Kitty! I promise to feed you something yummy for dinner later." After lingering looks and sad goodbyes as if she won't see the kitty anymore, Miya reluctantly hop on her bicycle and left to school.

Takaya picks up Naoe and sits on the old family couch, "Miya's totally loving ya Naoe…" he said to the purring cat now moving on his thighs. Green feline eyes looking up at him.

"She can’t stop touching your fur... hmm... feels really good to the touch. Are you sure you possessed a stray cat?" Takaya feels around the cat’s neck for any collar, "next thing I knew, maybe a rich madam will broadcast herself in the news about her missing Fifi-chan."

Naoe stares at him silently. Not even replying with a mew.

"Can you talk to me now? Because the more I talk to you in this house, the more convinced I'm acting like a lunatic here. Expecting a... a cat to reply. I’ve seen more akward conversations between a priest and a freethinker you know."

Naoe mews in reply, licking his dainty white paws. Takaya even likes the feel of Naoe’s white fluffy tail twirling around Takaya's hands, caressing them.

"I wonder if I should buy some cheap wire metals from downtown to make you a cage?"
Naoe stops licking his paw and stare at his lord with a hiss.

"What? It'll be expensive to buy one and besides you're only going to stay here for a few days. And there's no way im leaving you alone in my house while me and Miya are at school." Takaya plays with the pointy ears.

Naoe purrs, anger forgotten.

Takaya then saw the clock on the wall and gasps, "crap!" he went in his room and almost threw
Naoe on his unmade bed as he undress to get in the shower. After the quick shower, he ran around his room and pick up his scattered books and cursed because most of his assignments aren't done. Naoe stare at him from Takaya's pillow. Then he jumps off the bed, padding his way towards Takaya's school bag.

"Naoe, you better stay here--- Naoe? Naoe?" Takaya look around his empty bedroom after he wear his blazer.

The white cat is missing in action.

"Oi Naoe, just stay here and wait for us okay?" Takaya calls out, assuming his feline retainer is hiding under the bed or somewhere, "don't walk out of the house and if you're hungry, just sleep it off and wait for me or Miya to return home. Need to go now. Later!"

He grabs his school bag and almost fall down, "heavy! What the hell? Oh yeah, I haven't return Yuzuru's thick book from the library, sigh. Forget about it, I'm late!"

Thankfully Takaya reach the school just in time. Parking his bike and running up the stairs, he meets Yuzuru who was about to enter the classroom.

"Oh! Good morning Takaya." Yuzuru smiles. Next to him is Saori whose giving mean faces at Takaya for stealing her crush's attention.

"Morning Yuzuru." The possessor yawns, his school bag is getting heavier by the minute.

"Yawning already? I bet you were playing dirty games until late night." Saori sneers at him.
Takaya’s eyebrow twitch but then he smirk, "whats wrong Morino? Want me to lend you my Playboy magazines? Yuzuru has lots of them too."

Yuzuru blush, "I have no such thing!"

"Did I just heard Play Boy?" Chiaki suddenly appear behind the flustered A-student.
"Yuzuru said he has stacks of mags and XXX and some YYY and a handful of JJJ." Takaya adds on.
Saori fainted on the spot.

"That's not true! Takaya! Stop it!"

Takaya laughs.

Nagahide pokes Saori’s fainted body on the floor with a pencil, “Oi Ougi, how are you going to explain this to the teacher?”

“Just say that Morino is having a morning nap.” Takaya stretches his arms, man, he’s sleepy too.

“Takaya!”

“What?”

“What's that white thing coming out of your bag?" Yuzuru points.

Takaya paled when he heard a familiar mew…..Piecing up the puzzle…. He puts his bag on the floor, slowly opening the zip and peek in his heavy bag…..a pair of green eyes look up at him with a grin.

"NAOE!"

“Meow!”

The Kitty in his bag mews at him in reply. As if he’s they’re in a game of tag!

Chiaki rolls his eyes, "lovers these days sure can't stand being away from each other long…"

"That's not true! I didn't bring him along! He was suppose to stay in my room!"

"Ah….playing rough the whole dawn and now you want to continue at school? Such a naughty boy." Chiaki smirks at Takaya's reddening face.

"Shut up Chiaki! You wana fight? Huh?"

Yuzuru stare at the bickering two in confusion. Saori is still on the floor. Then he felt something caress his legs. He look down to see a fat white cat, "Wow... Is it yours Takaya?
This cat sure is plump and fluffy."

The teenager picks up Naoe and stops, “hey.... for some strange reason I feel like I’ve met this cat before...”

To Naoe’s discomfort, Yuzuru stares into the cat’s green eyes closer, “very.....familiar...”
Takaya and Nagahide panics, is it possible that Yuzuru can sense that the cat is actually Naoe?

“Hm... where have I’ve seen this cat before?” The teenager with light brown hair was staring at Naoe so close that their noses almost meet.

“Um! Yuzuru! You’re just thinking too much. This cat is just a stray cat I pick up in a bar somewhere so... uh...give him to me.” Takaya snatches the cat away.

“Ougi Takaya, Narita Yuzuru and Chiaki Shuuhei. What are you three doing there?!”

“Oh shit.” Takaya curses as he saw the annoying discipline teacher coming their way.

“Oh no, it’s Kuma-sensei!” Yuzuru gasps.

“What did you just called me, Narita?” The big bear-like teacher demands. His body reeks of sweat because he’s also the Physical Education instructor.

“No! I didn’t say anything Kumada-sensei.”

The bear looking 6 foot 5 teacher looks down at Takaya who tried to hide Naoe the cat within his blazer jacket. It was a poor attempt of hiding the cat because of the obvious buldge.

“Now what do we have there, Ougi? I thought it was common sense that students are not allowed to bring their pets to school. The school is not a place to play around.”

Takaya grind his teeth in annoyance. Amongst all the discipline teachers in Johoku High, Kumada-sensei is the hardest to tackle. The teacher doesn’t just punish the students with hours of lecture but also give out punishments which involves running up and down the school stairs 30 times, cleaning all the toilets using a toothbrush, giving the teacher a body massage and other damn stuffs.

“Seriously Ougi, I swear you’re nothing but trouble. Smoking, theft, gang fights, damaging the school property. I read your past record book. Hm.. so it’s true that if the father is a bastard, then the son is also equally stupid.”

Takaya wish he could punch this bastard but he can’t. He needs to think of a way for Naoe to escape before the teacher drags Takaya away to detention centre.

“Ah!”

To Takaya's and Chiaki's and Yuzuru’s horror, Naoe leaps from Takaya’s arms and scratches Kumada’s face.

"Ouch!!!" The big bear fell to his knees, covering his face.

“Kagetora, run now!” Nagahide grabs Naoe before the cat could bite Kumada-sensei’s face and give him to the shocked Takaya.

“What? But what about---”

“It’s okay Takaya, just run and we’ll take care of this bastard.” Yuzuru urges him.

Takaya hugs Naoe and quickly ran down the stairs as their classmates began to crowd around the teacher, Chiaki and Yuzuru.

“Hey, what’s going on?”

“Where did Ougi go?”

“Huh? Kuma! ah, I mean, Kumada-sensei! What happened to his face?”

Yuzuru was about to lie to their curious classmates but Nagahide stops him, “Chiaki?”

Nagahide smiles at him and “shh” him.

He takes off his glasses and chant a short mantra.

To Yuzuru’s surprise, all their classmates (well, except for Saori whose still out cold on the floor) has this look like they’re in a trance. And yes, that is what Nagahide is doing, putting a hypnosis on everyone (except Yuzuru)

“Nothing is wrong. Ougi is absent today. Kumada-sensei injured himself from shaving his beard this morning. Understood, everyone?”


Nagahide’s voice sounded like it’s from far far away. All the students, as well as Kumada-sensei, nodded quietly.

“Good.” Chiaki snaps his fingers and everyone jolted awake and their eyes are no longer glazed like in a trance.

“Huh? Where am I?” Kumada-sensei stood up from his crouching position and winces, “ouch, my face!”

Chiaki goes to him, “oh Sensei, don’t tell me you forgot that you have those wounds because you accidentally cut yourself when you were shaving this morning.” The Yashashuu member emphasized the words.

Kumada blinks, “oh, yes. Yes, you’re right. I wonder how in the world could I forgot such a thing. I mean, it only happened this morning when I was shaving myself.” The teacher walks away, back to his office with a bewildered look.

“Wow, thanks for the save, Chiaki.” Yuzuru and Nagahide enters their classroom with the others, “so that was your power, right?”

“Yeah. Mass hypnosis is easy. By the way, I feel like we’re missing something.”

Yuzuru blinks, “really? I don’t think so. Everyone is here.”

Chiaki shrugs, “yeah. Maybe I’m getting old.”

Yuzuru laughs, being over 400 years old is old?

Outside the class, Saori grumbles on the floor. “How could everyone DID NOT notice me here?! I was hoping for Narita-san to wake me up with a morning kiss!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at home, Takaya throw himself onto the bed. Tired and sleepy.

“Man, what a morning. I wonder how does Chiaki and Yuzuru take care of that bastard Kuma...”

The teenager covers his eyes with his right arm.

“Meow?”

“Oh, Naoe.” Takaya smiles and picks up the cat, “just now you attacked Kumada for my sake right?”

Naoe nods using his fluffy white head.

Takaya pats the purring animal affectionately, “thanks. It’s not that Kumada’s words hurt me.

I’ve heard worst before. It’s not the first time I got insulted...” he lay back on the bed.

Naoe pads his way and jumps on Takaya’s chest. Purring, he licks Takaya’s face.

“Hahaha, what are you doing? Trying to act cute?”

Takaya pats Naoe again. The feline make himself comfortable and settle down on Takaya’s chest.

“Since we have time to kill, lets sleep. Last night Chiaki cuts off my sleeping hours with his call.”

Naoe mews in agreement.

Master and retainer sleeps on the bed, content with each others presence.

Before Takaya drift to slumber land, he remembers how Naoe leaps from Takaya’s arms and clawed Kumada’s face.

“Thank you Naoe. Nobody stood up for me like that before.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night.

Takaya came back home in a messy state. His hair was uncomb and his clothes wrinkled and dirty.

Miya who came out from the kitchen almost drops her laddle, "Nii-chan! What happened?"

"I'm home." The older sibling grumbles as he take off his shoes and close the door. Sulking

Naoe, which is equally dirty himself jumps down from Takaya's arms.

"I only asked you to buy me a bottle of Vinegar at the nearby market. But you’re an hour late!

I almost called Narita-san if he knew something happened to you! I was worried."

"Long story." Big brother sighs.

"Well, make it short." Younger sister taps her foot.

Takaya sighs again, "Nao— I meant kitty here…went missing when I enter the market."

He lied, actually Naoe saw how the pretty receptionist girl was trying to have a talk with Takaya and the cat became jealous and ran off.

"I found him at the back of a store, I chase after him….almost across the city and finally caught him... few minutes ago."

"Oh I see. Never mind, I’ll reheat the food while you go get yourself changed.” Miya pushes him to the shower room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After dinner and washing the dishes, Takaya plop himself on the livingroom couch. Drying off his hair with a towel as he watches the news.

“Meow.”

He jumps slightly, "Naoe?"

Miya, who had her shower, enters the livingroom, "what did you said?"

Takaya saw her holding a wet Naoe in her arms and she sits next to her brother on the couch.

Using the towel she brought along to dry off the cat.

"You bathed him?"

"Yeah, we bathed together."

Takaya almost drop the remote control.

And he heard the cat.... snickers...

"You…what?"

Miya frowns and stare at her brother as if he's been speaking in French, "I said I took a bath with Kitty. Kitty was dirty, but after I bathed him, his fur looks so clean and soft. Almost shining."

Naoe purrs on her lap, staring at his lord with teasing green eyes.

Takaya twitch, making sure not to look so obvious in his rage and jealousy.

"I….see…" he twitches again, "you bathed together…..how nice….." his comment drips in sarcasm.

Naoe snickers again.

Takaya is tempted to kick the cat.

Miya stares at her brother then at the cat, confuse as to what just happen. She shrugs and stand up.

"Where are you going?"

"Where else? to bed. Im tired and I want to sleep in early. See you in the morning, Nii-chan."

"What?! Why are you taking Na- I mean Kitty along?"

Miya look back at him then fell to her knees, wailing!

"Nii-chan! Are you trying to say that I can't sleep with Kitty? Nii-chan, you're so heartless.
Just because of my horrible sleeping habits, which cause Cookie-chan and Smoky-chan to run away…." She sobs.

Takaya panics, "oh no! no! that's not what I mean Miya!"

She stops sobbing and turn to him, sticking her tongue out like a child, "got you. Seriously Nii-chan, tears is one of woman's weapon against the male race. You're so easy." She laughs and walk away.

Leaving behind her brother scratches his head in frustration.

“Urgh, today is so not my day.”

To be continue...
Sign up to rate and review this story