Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Devil Without A Cause

Breaking The Seal

by AnimeRedneck 0 reviews

(HP/Devil May Cry) Voldemort thought that by releasing the seal to the demon world he would become unstoppable. To bad for him. He just unleashed his worst nightmare. Because the Son of Sparda has ...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Romance - Characters: Harry, Hermione - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2005-05-19 - Updated: 2005-05-19 - 1279 words

1Original

Disclaimer: Harry Potter is owned by J.K.R. and Devil May Cry is owned by Capcom. The song to this chapter is Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi



Devil Without A Cause

Chapter 1.

Breaking The Seal





Hermione's Voice:

You've heard of it haven't you? The legend of Sparda? My father used to tell me stories of it.

Centuries ago, a demon fought for the side of good despite his lineage. He fought along side Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff, and Salazar Slytherin.

Then, he sealed away the portal to the demon world forever for the sake of the human world. But, he was a demon as well, and his power was also sealed away.

I thought it was just a legend. Then I learned the truth: Sparda was real. How do I know this? Well, I met the son of Sparda. Or to be more accurate the descendant of Sparda. You would know him as The Boy Who Lived.

*

Deep in the secret fortress of Voldemort and The Death Eaters, preparations were being completed for a dark ritual. The Room was a massive circle, with intricate carvings and engravings.

"With this ritual we will be able to gain hold of the power of the entire demon realm, and with it an unstoppable army." Voldemort said to his servants who finished the final preparations."Now it is time to begin."

Voldemort walked to the center of the room and pulled a small amulet out of his robe. "Amulet of Sparda. I offer you the blood of the dark lord to appease your hunger for battle." Chanted Voldemort as he released the amulet. The amulet floated in the center of the room watched by the Death Eaters who were lined up on the edge of the circle. Voldemort took a knife and cut into his hand letting a trickle of blood flow from the wound. The blood floated into the air and was absorbed by the amulet.

"Bring the girl." Commanded Voldemort. Two Death Eaters appeared at the edge of the room dragging a young girl to the center. Ginny Weasley was thrown roughly to the floor at Voldemort's feet.

"You won't win Voldemort." Ginny spat. "The Order will come for me and Harry will too."

"Such faith child. I'll have you know that I am counting on the Order coming for you. As for Potter he'll be dealt with soon enough." Hissed Voldemort. "Now back to business. Amulet of Sparda. I offer you the blood of the innocent to ease your conscience." Voldemort said this as he cut Ginny on the hand in the same manner he had cut himself. Just as his blood had done Ginny's blood floated up to be absorbed by the amulet.

The ground began to shake violently as it seemed as if the entire world were coming apart at the seems. Voldemort smiled gleefully as a blood red circle formed on the ceiling of the room. There was a sound akin to shattering glass as a bald man dressed in a black dress shirt and pants appeared.

"Greetings Lord Voldemort. My name is Arkham. I am to be your emissary to the demon world." Said Arkham as he gave a low bow.

"Very soon all my problems will be solved." Voldemort hissed

*

It's all the same, only the names will change
Everyday it seems we're wasting away
Another place where the faces are so cold
I'd drive all night just to get back home

I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted dead or alive
Wanted dead or alive

Sometimes I sleep, sometimes it's not for days
And the people I meet always go their separate ways
Sometimes you tell the day
By the bottle that you drink
And times when you're all alone all you do is think


I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted dead or alive
Wanted dead or alive


I walk these streets, a loaded six string on my back
I play for keeps, 'cause I might not make it back
I been everywhere, still I'm standing tall
I've seen a million faces an I've rocked them all

I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted dead or alive
I'm a cowboy, I got the night on my side
I'm wanted dead or alive
Wanted dead or alive

Ever since Harry had returned to Privet drive he had attempted to do all he could to escape the pain he felt over his godfather's death. He had been spending all his time either studying his DADA books or doing physical exercises working himself to exhaustion in order to keep himself from having nightmares. Currently he was taking his morning run around the neighborhood.

"Well at least there are no dogs to chase me." Thought Harry. Almost immediately he regretted the thought as it only brought him images of a large black dog. Harry stopped running and gritted his teeth. He would not lose his composure. "Suck it up Potter. There are people counting on you." Harry whispered to himself. "Yeah right, like I can beat the most powerful and evil wizard in the world." Harry said dejectedly.

Just then Harry heard a sound similar to shattering glass as numerous demons wielding scythes dressed in loose fitting robes appeared all around Harry. Before he could do anything they struck piercing his body numerous times with their blades. Harry fell to the ground in a pool of his own blood. He looked to the sky and whispered one final word. "Hermione."

The demons certain that they're task was completed began to walk away when there was an inhuman roar and a brilliant flash of light. Turning around the demons saw Harry Potter standing before them his wounds completely healed, his eyes glowing brightly with raw power.

"Where do you think your going?" Harry asked quietly a visible red aura pulsing around him. "I haven't even started yet."

The lead demon raised his weapon only to have Harry dart forward impossibly fast and deliver a punch that burst ed through the demons chest. It screamed as it's body dissolved into sand.

"Well you came here to fight me didn't you? Then let's get down to it." Harry said confidently.

The demons gave a shriek and charged Harry. Harry easily sidestepped the first swing made by the lead demon and grabbed it's face and ripped it's head off. He then tossed the head into the air and kicked it like a soccer ball with enough force to pulverize the demon the was struck by it. The next demon came at Harry's side. Harry caught it's weapon by the handle and ripped it from it's grasp. He snapped the handle shortening it to about a foot long. Harry turned and with a wide swipe cut down three demons at once. Two more demons attacked simultaneously. Harry easily parried each blow sent by his attackers and patiently waited for his moment. Suddenly he ducked and both demons blades passed over him and struck each other. Two more demons remained, Harry took a running start at them and executed a flip over the first landing behind it. With a upward slashing motion he split the demon in two. The final demon decided it was best to run and turned away. Harry took his scythe by the blade and threw it striking the demon in the back. It fell to the ground with a cry and dissolved to dust.

"I hope Tommy boy sends me some better play mates next time." Harry muttered as he discarded the bloody tattered remains of his shirt.

Next:

Grendel and Beowulf
Sign up to rate and review this story