Categories > Celebrities > Metallica > That Was Just Your Life

My World

by devilsgyrl 1 review

Olivia plays with Dave...

Category: Metallica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2010-07-02 - Updated: 2010-07-02 - 2487 words

-1OOC
Dave eagerly nodded his head when I invited him to come inside the apartment. I felt another tinge of guilt, but I tried to justify it. After all, James really being a bastard to me right now. I had a right to play his shitty game too. Messing around with Dave would probably make James get jealous and apologize to me eventually. At least, that's what I was hoping.

So I led Dave inside, taking slow steps and being careful not to fall. The painkillers had mostly worn off now and I had to be very careful not to bend down or move in any way that would cause me to move my back. When we stepped inside, Ron glanced up from the television. He was sitting there on the couch with a beer in hand and a green face. It looked like he was having a pretty bad hangover. Raising his eyebrows, he looked at the two of us in surprise, "Hi Olivia, hi Dave! I wasn't expecting to see both of you here. God, Olivia, you look terrible. Did something happen to you? You're as pale as a ghost."

I exchanged a quick look with Dave. I didn't really want to tell Ron about the rape. It wasn't exactly a topic I was keen on discussing. Because of that reason, I made up the lamest excuse possible, "I...uh...fell and hurt my back. I'll be okay though." Even in his hangover, Ron detected a lie because he gave me a suspicious look. Trying to steer the conversation away from me, I said, "So, how was band practice today? Did you learn any new songs today or anything?"

Ron gave me a look that told me that I knew nothing about the band, "Olivia, we don't learn new songs. We compose them and then James writes the lyrics to them. But anyways, band practice was fine. I made some extra sandwiches. If you want one, they're in the refrigerator. Also, where is James? He said he was going to come back in so we could practice guitar together. You must've ran into him when you came up here, right? I think he was going to go looking for you."

"Um..." I started, unsure of what to say. Luckily, Dave saved me and said smoothly, "I don't think James will be coming up here for a while. Thanks for making the sandwiches though, Ron!" And with that said, Dave grabbed my hand and steered me away from Ron and into the kitchen. Thank god for Dave. He was always helping me out of awkward situation. Well, sometimes. He was also becoming known as the major source of my arguments with James.

Dave whipped open the refridgerator door and pulled out a ham sandwich. He took a big bite of one and then offered one to me, "Want one? They're really good." I had been starving earlier, but I found now that my appetite had completely disappeared. The stress from earlier must've made me forget my hungry. I leaned against the kitchen counter while Dave ate his sandwich, trying to ignore the pain in my back that was getting worse and worse. It seemed to be increasing every second.

Finally, I couldn't stand it any longer and turned to Dave, "Dave? Can I take some more of that pain medicine the doctor gave me? My back is killing me right now." Dave immediately set down his sandwich and began digging around in his pocket for the little bottle of pain reliever pills. When he finally found it, he tossed it to me and said, "You can take two of these, but remember, you can't take anymore pills for another six hours. Also, you might start feeling kind of sleepy after taking these."

I didn't really care if the pills made me sleepy at this point. I just wanted this excruciating pain to go away before my head exploded. I hurriedly ripped the top off of the bottle of pills and quickly downed two with a glass of water. Starting to feel dizzy, I grabbed the kitchen counter to keep my balance while Dave finished his sandwich. By the time he was done, I was indeed feeling very tired and like I was about to fall asleep at any moment.

"I'm tired," I told Dave, yawning. "I'm gonna go to bed now, okay?" Dave stood up, dumped his dirty plate in the dishwasher, and then turned to me. Looking at me with concern, he said, "That's fine. We've got to rebandage your wound though. Why don't you go change into your night clothes and then I'll help you?"

I didn't really want Dave to see me in my skimpy nighties, but I didn't really have any other choice. I couldn't reach the wound on my back by myself, so I was obviously going to need help. I normally would've wanted James to help me, but James simply wasn't an option at the moment. Also, I couldn't keep my normal clothes on because Dave couldn't reach my cuts under my shirt unless I took my shirt off in front of him which was something I had no intention of doing.

So I plodded into the bedroom, whimpering all the way from the pain, and rifled through my bag to try to find a nightie that I could wear in front of Dave without feeling too self conscious. To my shock, I realized almost all of my nighties were either see-through, lacy, or way too skimpy to wear in front of a friend. Finally, I found one that was going to have to do. It was dark blue and had black lace around the edges, but at least it wasn't see-through and it covered up part of my upper thighs so Dave couldn't see my panties or anything that I didn't want him to see. Still, I couldn't shake off an uncomfortable feeling as I stripped out of my clothes and tried to put the nightie on. Dressing and undressing had suddenly become much harder than usual. Not bending your back while you were trying to dress was a real bitch. I actually ended up screaming at one point, causing Dave to yell through the bathroom door and ask me if I was okay. I told him I was, although I ended up panting in front of the mirror for a long five minutes before I decided to finish dressing. After a long fifteen minutes, I finally managed to get the nightie on.

"Hey Dave?" I called, sitting down on the bed. "You can come in now." Dave immediately popped the door to the bedroom open and then shut it behind him so we could have some privacy. As he stepped in, I could feel his eyes roaming over the skin on my thighs and my cleavage. Trying to ignore his awkward glances, I said, "So what do we have to do with this cut?"

Dave forced himself to get his eyes off my body and focus on my face instead. He sad down behind me and undid the buttons on the back of the nightie to expose most of my back. He held up a white cloth of some sort and said to me, "The doctor said to wipe your cut with this first. It helps to clean it off and keep it from getting infections. Are you ready?"

I wasn't really ready, but I didn't really have a choice so I just nodded like I was. Dave lightly began pressing the damp cloth against my wounds. I inhaled quickly and did my very best to keep from crying out as the cloth brushed against the newly opened wound. As Dave wiped the cut carefully, he asked, "Are you doing okay?" Not really, but what could I say? Actually, I couldn't say anything since I was in too much pain. To answer Dave's question, I just nodded curtly.

After what seemed like an eternity, Dave removed the cloth from my back and showed me a jar with some sort of sticky salve in it. Narrowing my eyes, I asked, "What's that?" The salve looked gooey and kind of gross. Dave was eying the salve nervously as well. He answered my question, "I guess it's some sort of cream that's suppose to help your cut heal. I didn't really ask the doctor much about it. I'll try to do this gently so that it doesn't hurt."

Dave started applying the cream to my back. I bit my lip and this time couldn't help but whimper as his finger pressed into my wounds. Dave whispered sweet words of encouragement to me as his hands worked over my back. But despite his attempts to make me feel better, the pain was still clearly there and my whimpering grew louder. As Dave continued to press the salve into my cuts, I swore I heard a loud creak right outside the bedroom door. But after I didn't hear another sound after that creak, I figured I had just imagined the sound since I was a little unstable right now.

Finally, Dave finished with the salve and grabbed some white bandages from the side of the bed. I eyed them with distaste and pleaded quickly, "Can't we please be done? I don't want those bandages on." Dave nodded sympathetically, but started to unroll the bandages, saying, "We've gotta put them on or else the cream won't absorb into your wounds. I'll do this fast."

Dave pressed the bandages against my cuts to seal them off. There was no point in trying to conceal my pain at this point. I screamed loudly as Dave applied the bandage. When he was done, I realized that the front of my hair was wet from sweat and that my body was trembling again from a mixture of pain and fatigue.

As a matter of fact, I was so tired that I couldn't even remain in a sitting position. I flopped onto my back on the bed and looked up at Dave. Worry was written all over his face and there was sweat on his brow as well from concentration. Despite how much pain this whole procedure had caused me, Dave had done his very best to be gentle with me. I attempted a smile and was about to thank him when I remembered that the top to my nightie was still unbuttoned. It had slid down and was exposing most of my right breast besides for my nipple. Shit! My next move was to sit back up and get my nightie buttoned up, but at that moment, the door to the bedroom opened with a very loud bang, causing Dave and I to both jump a mile off of the bed in surprise.

James stood in the doorway looking absolutely livid. First, he looked at sweaty, red-cheeked Dave. After that, his gaze fell on me. I blushed deep red, knowing just how bad this looked. Me lying on my back on the bed next to Dave with my nightie half off was definitely not the way I would've wanted James to find me. James gave me a look of disgust and crossed the room to grab something from his suitcase. After grabbing whatever item he needed, he tossed his hair over his shoulder and stalked back out of the bedroom without a single word. I found myself breathing hard as James left the room.

Dave helped me sit up and quickly buttoned up the buttons on the back of my nightie. As Dave worked with my nightie, he whispered remorsefully in my ear, "Sorry about that. I didn't know James was just going in burst in on us like that. James has been acting really weird lately. I'm sorry he had to see you like this." Dave motioned to my nightie.

I was about to tell Dave that James had seen me like this many times before and that James was usually the one who ended up stripping my clothes off, but just at the last moment, I remembered to bite my tongue. Dave didn't need to know about my relationship with James right now. I mean, what good would it do? At this point, James and I weren't even in a relationship so I technically wasn't lying to Dave about anything. I was pretty tired of playing James' stupid game by now though.

I didn't think I was going to be able to sleep nearly as well tonight without James' arm wrapped tightly around me, holding me to him. I was already hurting deep inside from the way James had looked at me when he found Dave and me in the bedroom together. It was only then that I realized what James must think. He had probably thought that Dave and I had done it together.

After all, here the two of us were, lying on our backs on the bed with sweaty faces. The creak I had thought I had imagined outside the doorway earlier had probably been James. He had been listening through the doorway while Dave had bandaged me up. Unfortunately, I had been whimpering and had ended up screaming from the pain of it. Knowing James, he probably would've ended up misinterpreting my cries as cries from sex, not pain. Oh god, I had gotten myself into a really bad situation.

I slipped the sheet over my body and rested my head on the pillow. I was so very tired and needed to sleep right now. Dave gave me an awkward look as I shifted onto a comfortable sleeping position on my side. He stood up from the bed and started towards the door, "Uh...I guess I'll go now. Call me if you have any problems in the middle of the night, okay? I'll be in the living room."

As Dave started towards the door, I found myself calling after him. Dave turned around and looked at me curiously. Not knowing what had gotten into me, I found myself suggesting, "Um, Dave? Will you stay with me tonight? Please?" Dave's eyes lit up at my request and he nodded vigorously. He wasted no time in slipping under the covers next to me on the big bed. As usual, I found myself curling into the shape of Dave's body, seeking the comfort I needed.

Dave stroked my hair gently and let me curl up against him. Half asleep, I smiled up at him and whispered, "Goodnight Dave." Dave smiled right back and be and whispered a goodnight as well. That was the first night Dave and I slept together. Well..."slept" as in sleeping. We didn't have sex or anything. Still, sleeping together was a form of intimacy. It made or relationship that much closer. It was a stupid move on my part, but I was too upset about James to think about that.
Sign up to rate and review this story