Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Blue Moon

The Phone Call

by SmashAuthority2 5 reviews

Stella reluctantly joins Ruby in a spot of Karaoke, and hears something which makes her suspicious....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Parody,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-07-04 - Updated: 2010-07-04 - 1411 words

5Ambiance
Thank you for rating and reviewing guys! Oh yeah, Happy Independence day to anyone living in the States!!

P.S- I baked a chocolate cake today. Sadly I cannot share it with you lovely people.


An awkward silence passes around the table as I wait for a reply. "So?" I say, after no-one speaks. I look from Mindy, who's face is blank, to Ruby, who's face has gone slightly pale.

"Your dad told me, of course!" she says after a few minutes. "He told me a couple of weeks ago." Ruby nods her head eagerly.

I narrow my eyes at her suspiciously, but accept her explanation. I mean, why would she lie? Of course dad would have told her. I'm just surprised dad remembered Gerard's name.

"Right," I say, and they relax. "I should have known."

"Let's talk about something else, shall we?" suggests Ruby hastily. "Yeah, let's talk about shoes. I love shoes."

"Yeah, me too," adds Mindy. "Love them. What about you, Stella?"

I shake my head. "I'm not really into fashion."

"That's cool," shrugs Ruby. Her eyes pan around the room. "Hey!" she says. "Anyone in the mood for karaoke?"

"Erm," I stutter. "I'm not a very good singer."

"Neither am I," she says, getting to her feet. "That's not the point. The point is to have fun!"

"Yeah, go for it, Stella," encourages Mindy. "Have some fun."

I don't really have a choice as Ruby manhandles me onto the stage. The spotlight turns on us and every pair of eyes turn our way. I wrap my arms around myself and look at the floor. I've never had the most confidence. I wonder how Gerard did it? I pinch myself when I think his name. I have to stop doing thinking about him.

"Hey everyone!" cries Ruby into the mic, even though it's not necessary. "How ya'll doing?"

Some drunk guys in the back wave their arms in the air and Ruby blows kisses at them. "What should we sing?" she asks me. "What song do you like?"

"I don't want to do this," I say quickly. I can feel my face growing red. I really want to sit down. Preferably at home in the safety of my bedroom.

"Nonsense!" she says. "Hang on, I've got an idea. Why don't we sing this?....." She indicates to a man in the corner and a familiar tune fills the air. I groan inwardly when I recognize it.

"Hi - Hi! We're your Weather Girls -
And have we got news for you - You better listen!
Get ready, all you lonely girls
and leave those umbrellas at home. - Alright! -"

"Come on, Stella," she says, handing me a mike. "Join in. it's so much fun!" I reluctantly take the mic from her and sing along, but quietly.

"Humidity is rising - Barometer's getting low
According to all sources, the street's the place to go
Cause tonight for the first time
Just about half-past ten
For the first time in history
It's gonna start raining men.

It's Raining Men! Hallelujah! - It's Raining Men! Amen!
I'm gonna go out to run and let myself get
Absolutely soaking wet!
It's Raining Men! Hallelujah!
It's Raining Men! Every Specimen!
Tall, blonde, dark and lean
Rough and tough and strong and mean"


Unbelievably, the crowd seems to like us. It must be the alcohol talking, but I have to admit Ruby has an almost angelic voice. Pretty soon I fond myself actually enjoying myself. I'm soon screaming out the lyrics with her, something I wouldn't usually do, believe me.

"God bless Mother Nature, she's a single woman too
She took off to heaven and she did what she had to do
She taught every angel to rearrange the sky
So that each and every woman could find her perfect guy
It's Raining Men! Hallelujah! - It's Raining Men! Amen!
It's Raining Men! Hallelujah!
It's Raining Men! Ame---------nnnn!
I feel stormy weather / Moving in about to begin
Hear the thunder / Don't you lose your head
Rip off the roof and stay in bed

God bless Mother Nature, she's a single woman too
She took off to heaven and she did what she had to do
She taught every angel to rearrange the sky
So that each and every woman could find her perfect guy
It's Raining Men! Yeah!"


By the time we're finished the whole club is on it's feet cheering us on. Ruby hugs me and I find myself smiling. It feels weird after all this time of moping around.

"You were great," she says, hugging me tighter. I smile back at her.

I scan the crown searching for Mindy. I spot her in the back. She's leaning by a table talking to someone on the phone. She slips out the exit and I have a sudden, incredibly strong urge to follow her.

I disentangle myself from Ruby, who is too busy basking in the limelight and doesn't notice when I hop off the stage. I weave my way through the crowd and slip out the back.

I find her with her back turned by the side of the building. I creep stealthily towards her and duck behind some boxes. I have no idea why I'm doing this. I must be drunker then I thought.

"She's fine. You need to stop worrying," she says into the phone.

I wonder who she's talking to. It has to be my dad. "I took her to a club," she pauses for a while. "Would you relax. It's just a club, you're acting like it's a drug den." She sighs.

A rat scuttles past me and a strangled scream escapes my throat. I have to duck down when she turns around and looks my way. Unfortunately, the rat decides to stick around and tries to crawl onto my lap. Why are all the perverts after me tonight?

"What? Yes, I am watching her all the time like you told me to," she says. "You need to stop calling me every ten minutes. She'll get suspicious. She's quite smart." She pauses again. "No, she is smart. Trust me."

Now I really want to know who she is talking to. I especially want to know who thinks I'm not smart.

"I have to go now. She'll wonder where I am," she says. I jump to my feet sending the rat flying to the floor. It squeaks in protest and I run back inside.

I make it back onto the stage where, amazingly, Ruby has yet to notice my absence. By the time Mindy gets back inside I'm back on stage trying my best to appear inconspicuous.

*

An hour later we are back at my home, sitting around the dining table in the kitchen. Mindy's phone conversation plays on my mind. I really want to know who she was speaking to. The only person that comes to mind is my dad. Who else would be concerned in my well-being? Mind you, he's never shown an interest before, why now? Maybe it's because of his relationship with Mindy? Who knows?

"What's the plan for tomorrow then?" asks Ruby, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it.

"We haven't decided yet," replies Mindy, taking it from her fingers and putting it out.

"What do you think, Stella?" asks Ruby, instantly lighting another one.

I look up at them. "Uh." They wait for me to reply. "I'd really rather not go out again so soon." Especially after I was attacked, I add silently in my head.

"Are you sure?" asks Mindy. "You need to get out of the house?"

"It's fine," I assure her. "I have a friend." I'm talking about Jacob, of course. It's about time I called him. If only to get away from these two, whose intentions I appreciate, but I'd rather not risk getting drunk and attacked every time I go out.

"Who's your friend?" inquires Mindy casually.

Yet again my instincts kick in, telling me not to reveal too much. "Just someone I know," I reply, nonchalantly.

"Someone from school?" she presses.

I shrug non-commitedly and get to my feet. "I'm tired. I think I'll go to bed now," I declare, and bid them goodnight. Is it me or are they showing way too much interest in my personal life?

So with Gerard out of the picture Jacob and Stella can get close. But just how close will they get?.....And just what is the deal with the strippers?
Sign up to rate and review this story