Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Blue Moon

Speed Demon

by SmashAuthority2 6 reviews

Stella wakes up with a hangover, and Jacob has a surprise for her...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Parody,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-07-20 - Updated: 2010-07-20 - 2928 words

5Exciting
The next day I wake up with the biggest, most painful headache I've ever experienced. It sort of feels like a team of tiny little people are drilling holes into my skull. While I wash my face and brush my teeth I vow never to drink again. Ever. Well, until I'm 21 or over.

Mindy is already in the kitchen when I get downstairs cooking breakfast. "Hey, Stella." She greets me as she is scrambling some eggs. She is wearing a teeny tiny blue T-shirt that barely covers her butt. I sigh, the last thing I need to see is my dads new girlfriends bare ass.

I sit at the table and pick up the paper, making sure it covers my face. "How are you feeling?" she asks me.

"Peachy," I grumble. I'm so not in the mood to talk right now. Not when I hear beating drums in my head, but Mindy has other ideas.

"What's your plan for today then?" she asks.

"I'm going to see a friend," I reply, sipping the orange juice she has placed before me. It feels like I'm swallowing sand, so dry is my throat. I gulp it down anyway as I'm so thirsty.

"Which friend is this?" she inquires, as she butters some toast.

"This guy I know," I reply.

"Does he have a name?" She places a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me.

I look at her wondering why she is so nosy. "His name is Jacob," I say, and watch her closely for her response.

She doesn't even flinch, just gives a small nod and joins me at the table. I notice there is no plate in front of her. "Aren't you going to eat?" I ask her.

"I already ate," she replies, twirling a lock of blond hair between her fingers.

For some reason I think she is lying to me. I shake my head. Why am I so getting so paranoid? Mindy is just a simple stripper who happens to be dating my dad.

"Is this Jacob coming over to pick you up or are you meeting him?" she asks, observing her blood red nails.

"He's going to pick me up in his car," I say, playing with my food.

"Hmm," she says, absentmindedly. Suddenly she sits up straighter in her chair. "Is he cute?"

I pause. "Um...Yeah, I guess so."

She giggles. "Do you think he's hot?"

"Well, he does have an eight pack."

Here eyebrows shoot into her hair. "You've seen him naked?"

"No!" I say loudly. "Just without his shirt on."

"So he walks around without a shirt on?" she sniffs.

"If I had an eight pack I'd do the same thing," I say. "Only if I was a boy, of course."

Mindy gets up. "I'll leave you to it then. I have a ton of stuff to do today so I'll be gone most of the day." She pats me on my shoulder on her way out.

*

When Jacob finally pulls up outside my house I'm dressed and pacing impatiently by the window. When I spot his car the biggest smile breaks out on my face and I feel genuinely happy for once.

He gets out of the car to greet me and immediately envelops me into a warm embrace. He wraps his arms around me and pretty much lifts me off the ground. I sigh contentedly and inhale his familiar musky scent.

"It's been a long time, Stella," he says, when he puts me back on the ground.

"I know," I say, trying not to feel guilty. "I just haven't been in the mood to....."

"Forget it. I understand," he cuts in quickly. "Just don't make me wait this long to see you again," he adds in a softer voice.

I nod and step back to observe him. "Have you grown bigger or something?" It's true, he looks more muscular-even though he is wearing a jacket.

He shrugs. "I don't know. Does it look like I have?"

I nod vigorously. "Yes. I just hope you're not on steroids. I wouldn't want you to go all "Hulk" on me."

He chuckles. "Don't worry. I'm not going to randomly start ripping my shirt off.....not unless you want me to," he says mischievously.

I really don't know what to say. A nervous laugh escapes my throat and I look away. Is he flirting with me, or am I being paranoid? Curse these good looks of mine!

"I was kidding," he says, with a laugh. "Come on, let's get going."

"Where are we going?" I ask, as we get into his car.

"My place," he replies, as he starts the engine.

"Cool," I say. "Were you surprised when you got my text last night?"

"No, I was just glad you finally decided to get in touch with me. I've been worried about you, Stella. Your text wasn't exactly helpful: "Come pick me up tomorrow. I want to see you," doesn't really say much about how you are doing-except how demanding you've become," he chuckles.

"Last night was pretty eventful for me," I tell him. "I would have called but felt, erm, a little sick." Hungover would have been the truth, but Jacob doesn't have to know that.

"Want to talk about it?" he asks sympathetically.

I shake my head quickly. "Forget it. Let's talk about you. Tell me, what have you been up to over the past few weeks?"

"Honestly?" he says. "Not much. Since the coven vanished." He pauses and gives me a significant look. "There hasn't been anything to do. A vampire slayer sort of needs vampires around so he can you know, slay them," he says darkly.

I frown. "Can we not talk about them, please?"

"Sure," he replies, and drives on in silence.

"So, seeing any hot chicks?" I ask, after a while.

"There is only one person I would like to be with, and, well, sadly she's in love with this douche," he says. "Who left her," he adds angrily.

"I broke up with him," I say quietly.

"Yeah, well, it was a long time coming," he says, in a low voice. "And he didn't have to run off like a little bitch, did he?"

I'm shocked. It's the first time I've ever heard Jacob swear. It's a bit like hearing the Pope curse. "I thought you would be happy they've gone," I say, in a hollow voice.

"I am happy they've gone," he says. "I just didn't think he would actually ever leave you.
I was stunned actually when I found out he'd gone. I thought he loved you more then that. Guess I was wrong."

His words make me want to cry because it's exactly what I've been thinking, but I don't let how I'm feeling inside show outside. "Can we please talk about something else?" I request.

"Sure. I'm sorry," he says, and quickly pasts my hand which is folded in my lap.

"It's okay," I say. "I just want to hang out with you."

"And that's exactly what we're going to do," he says, a smile appearing on his handsome face.

"Are you still living in that shack of yours?" I joke, trying to lighten the mood.

He pretends to look offended. "Hey, lady. Don't insult the crib or I might have to pull over."

"And do what?" I ask, with a raised eyebrow.

He grins. "Let's just say you wouldn't approve."

Before I know it he is pulling up in front of his "crib". I eye it as I get out, for some reason the front door has been ripped off it's hinges. I wonder how the hell that happened so I ask Jacob.

"What the hell did you do to your door?" I ask, turning to him.

He gives me a Mona Lisa smile. "Nothing," he replies, with a casual shrug of his shoulders.

I narrow my eyes shrewdly and he gazes back at me intently. "Have you been throwing wild parties here?" I ask, feeling stab of jealousy in my heart.

He smirks mischievously. "Maybe. Jealous?"

"Why would I be jealous?" I say, outraged. "I don't care what you do." I have a feeling of deja vu. I remember having a similar conversation with Gerard, way back when we first met.

"Whatever you say," he says, with that same annoying smile on his face.

"Are you sure you haven't been taking steroids?" I ask, desperate to change the subject.

He laughs. "I'm sure. Let's get inside."

He leads me indoors and points me to a small wooden chair by his bed. I sit down awkwardly and try to act like I haven't noticed the sheets are ripped and the pillow has been tossed onto the floor. Has he been doing it with a girl? And if so, just what the hell have they been doing to cause the sheets to rip? Maybe Jacob is an animal?

"What are you thinking?" he asks, handing me a glass of water.

"Oh, just about...stuff," I say, lamely.

"What sort of stuff?" he says, glancing slyly at the sheets.

"You know, stuff," I say, stiffly. I sip my water as my brain conjures up disturbing images of Jacob rolling around with some hussy. Because that's what she is-a no-good hussy.

"Stella." he says, softly.

I look up at him. "Hmm?"

"Can I tell you a secret?" he asks slowly.

I put the glass down. Here it comes, I think. He's about to tell me about the floozy he's been shacking up with. "You can tell me anything."

He takes a deep breath. "There's things about me you don't know," he begins. "Things I want to tell you but I can't."

"What things?" Maybe he's a man-whore like Gerard was back in the day? If so, I sure do have bad taste in men.

He sighs again. "It's so complicated. I wish I could....."

I stare at him, confused. "I don't understand, Jacob. What is it you want to tell me?"

He looks at me, his chocolatey brown eyes blazing. "Forget it."

"Forget what?" I say, feeling frustration grow in me.

"Forget I said anything." He gets up and wanders over to the small window. He mutters something but I can't make it out.

"You sure are acting weird, Jake," I say, going over to him.

"Forget me. Let's talk about you," he says. "Are you okay?"

"I'm good," I say, distracted by his behavior. I know he is hiding something from me, and I want to know what it is.

"Why don't we go see a movie sometime?" he suggests. "How's Saturday for you?"

"It's great," I reply. My sixth sense is tingling. I suspect there is something major going on here that needs to be unearthed-a bit like there was with Gerard.

"Great," he says, the his eyes brighten. "Come outside, I want to show you something." He takes my hand and we step outside.

The clouds are a gloomy grey as always and there is a hint of rain in the air. I shiver as Jacob walks around the side of the hut, towards a clearing by the forest. There are a couple of beat-up trucks parked here and, rather oddly, two gleaming motorbikes. One is black and larger then the red one sitting next to it.

"Nice bikes," I observe. "Who's are they?"

"Well," he says, a smile spreading across his face. "The black one is mine and the red one is yours."

My jaw drops. "No way!"

He laughs aloud at the expression on my face. "I'm serious. I've been fixing them up for a while now."

My mouth is still un-elegantly hanging open. I snap it shut quickly. "Oh, Jake!" I squeal. "I don't know what to say!" So I throw my arms around his waist and hug him as tight as I can. "Thank you so much!"

"Easy, tiger," he chuckles and plants a kiss on he top of my head. "Do you want to give it a go?"

I look up at him. "Hell yeah," I enthuse. "I've always wanted to ride a bike." I can just imagine myself zooming around on the open road, hair flying wildly around me, wind beating at my face. I know Gerard would totally disapprove of driving something that doesn't have a seat-belt, but who cares? It's time to live life on the wild side!

"Now you get to," he says simply.

I get on the bike easily and grab the silver handle like an over-excited child. "I soooo want to start this thing right now," I say breathlessly.

He shakes his head. "Not before you know what you're doing." He proceeds to enlighten me how one goes about riding a bike, but I am barely listening. All I know is, you put the key in the ignition and go. Or have they updated bikes since then?

"Got that," he asks me.

"Yeah," I lie, and he starts the bike for me. It purrs to life, humming gently beneath me. I suddenly feel very powerful.

"Okay," says Jacob. "Remember: the left hand controls the clutch and the right hand controls the gas and the brake, so be gentle."

"Mmm hmm," I say, distractedly. "Got it."

He nods but there is an uncertainty in his eyes. "Alright, I'll be right here if you need anything. Just do as I've said and you'll be fine."

"Yeah," I mutter, and release the clutch slowly like he taught me to. The bike inches forward and I give it some gas.

"Gently, Stella. Gently," Jacob reminds me. I nod and do as I'm instructed.

My legs shake with nerves as the bike begins to gain pace. I try to be gentle with the controls, but it's difficult. It just seems like so much to do at the same time. It's not long before I'm confused and I accidently give the bike too much gas.

Suddenly I am speeding forward at an alarming rate. The bike weaves drunkenly from left to right and I struggle to keep it in a straight line. Everything Jacob taught me disappears from my mind leaving me with nothing. Now I'm zooming down the path so fast that dirt is hitting my face. I totally should have worn a helmet, but that is so not Rock n Roll.

I can hear Jacob shouting behind me but he is too far away for me to make it out. I also don't care. Driving like a maniac is oddly soothing. It's like everything that has happened to me suddenly doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is the wild adrenaline rush that I can feel coursing through my body.

I glance up and see something that nearly throws me off the bike. It's Gerard. He's standing by a tree watching me intently, but how can that be?

"Stella," he says, calmly as I whizz past him. "Stop."

"What the fu-?" I cry. The bike wobbles dangerously but I manage to avoid crashing into a rock.

I drive a little further ahead when Gerard reappears. "Stop, right now." he orders softly.

"Never!" I yell, both confused and delighted to see him. Have I finally lost my mind or is he really there?

I look around wildly and spot him by a huge grey rock. "Stop now," he says.

"No!" I yell and go faster. What I see next really throws me. It's Frank.

"Stop the bike, you crazy ho!" he shouts, one pale hand on his hip.

The truly disturbing part is that, for some bizarre reason Frank is dressed like Batman. Now I know I've lost it. The image tips me over the edge and I lose control. I am thrown off the bike and go flying headfirst into a muddy ditch.

"Umph." The wind is knocked out of my lungs and I scrape my knee painfully on the ground.

I hear a bike roar to life somewhere behind me as I try to stop the world from spinning. "Are you okay, Stella?" asks a concerned Jacob, pulling me effortlessly to my feet.

"Yeah. Sure. I'm fine," I lie.

I cannot get the image of Gerard out of my head. I know it was just that-an image. There's no way he could have been really standing there. I wonder why I saw him? Was it because I was on the motorbike? I shake my head in disbelief, I don't even want to know why I was seeing Frank dressed as Batman. It's just too weird.

"You scared me, Stella," says Jacob, checking me fore injuries. "I told you to go easy."

"I just lost it," I confess. I don't tell him why.

"Don't worry. We can try again next time."

"Why not now?" I say, hopefully. I'll do it if it means seeing Gerard again.

Jacob shakes his head. "Uh uh. I'm not letting you back on that bike today," he says firmly.

"Fine," I sigh in defeat. I know how stubborn he can be. "Can we do it again tomorrow?"

"Not tomorrow. I've got something else planned," he smiles and takes my arm. "Come on. Let's get you inside. You've got a little scratch on your head that needs seeing to."

I try not to roll my eyes and follow him silently, still disturbed by what I have just witnessed.

I hope this chapter was decent. My heads been all over the place lately thanks to a rather dramatic incident that happened in my life recently. Hopefully I'll be able to update a lot sooner now. Let me know what you think.
Sign up to rate and review this story