Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dreaming With A Broken Heart

Chapter 5

by savedbymcr15 1 review

Mikey follows Gerard, and they both end up in the hospital. They take this time to have another talk and moment.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-07-06 - Updated: 2010-07-06 - 595 words - Complete

1Insightful
Mikey watched his brother's body fall.

"Gerard!" he cried. Mikey ran to the edge, and before he realized what he was doing, he had jumped off of the cliff in hopes to catch his brother. Mikey heard the splash of water, signalling that Gerard's body had landed. He closed his eyes as the water came near. "I'm sorry, Gee."

Mikey's body plunged into the water, and his world faded to black.
***
Gerard opened his eyes to a blinding white room. He could hear the heart monitor. Of course, you try to do something, but you do it wrong. The one time I really wanted to die, it doesn't work.Gerard became aware of another heart monitor; another person. He slowly turned his head to see who he was sharing a room with. His heart almost stopped when he saw Mikey lying there. What is he doing here?

"Mikey?" Gerard asked. "Come on, little brother...Wake up." he tried.

Mikey's face scrunched up a little, and then his eyes fluttered open.

"Gee?"

"Hey, buddy." Gerard said softly. "How did you get here?"

"Same way you did." Mikey replied shyly.

"Wh-what do you mean?" Gerard asked, praying that Mikey didn't do what he thought.

"How did you get here, Gee?" Mikey asked.

"I don't know how I got to the hospital, but I know what I did before that," Gerard said. Mikey nodded. "No, Mikey. Please tell me you didn't-"

"-Throw myself off of that cliff after you?"

"You didn't..." Gerard said, not wanting to believe it.

"If I didn't, would I be lying in this hospital bed?" Mikey asked.

"Why would you do something like that, Mikey? What were you thinking?" Gerard asked, upset that Mikey had followed his actions.

"What were you thinking, Gerard?" Mikey countered, his voice barely above a whisper.

"I-I..." Gerard tried. He kept opening his mouth to speak, but closed it when he realized that there was nothing he could say that would come out as a good enough reason. The thoughts that were in his head before made so much more sense then, than they did now.

"After all that you've been through, all that you've overcome...And all of your preaching about finding help if you're depressed or suicidal, why would you do something like this?" Mikey asked, tears welling up in his eyes.

Don't cry, Mikey. Don't you dare cry. You know I hate it when you do that. Gerard thought.

"I thought you hated me." Gerard said.

"Gerard, I could never hate you. After all you've done for me in life, I could never hate you."

"I know that now..."

"But even if I did...Why would you kill yourself?" Mikey asked out of curiosity.

"Because without you in my life, I've got nothing." Gerard answered honestly.

"If I wasn't bound to this stupid bed by all of these damn wires, I'd hug you."

"I know." Gerard smiled, reaching out and taking Mikey's hand.

"Gerard?"

"Yes, Mikey?"

"I need you to promise me something."

"Anything for you, baby brother."

"Promise me that you'll never do anything like this again." Mikey said, tightening his grip on Gerard hand, looking him in the eye.

"I promise." Gerard replied.

Mikey yawned. "Stupid drugs they've got me on."

"I'm more than likely on the same ones."

Gerard and Mikey closed their eyes, each of them falling into a deep sleep. The whole while, their grip stayed tight, and they kept holding hands. Nothing could possibly go wrong. That is, unless, Eliza came back into the picture. Unfortunately, she did exactly that.
Sign up to rate and review this story