Categories > Celebrities > Metallica > That Was Just Your Life

One

by devilsgyrl 1 review

Olivia has fun getting dressed...;)

Category: Metallica - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2010-07-10 - Updated: 2010-07-10 - 2304 words

-1OOC
The next day was a Saturday. When I woke up, I found that I was still sore, but not as in as much pain as yesterday. That was a good sign. Maybe I would end up recovering faster than the doctor said I would. Yawning, I managed to sit up in bed all by myself and peer over at the clock. It was only nine in the morning. Wondering where James was, I looked over the room with bleary eyes and called out his name, "James? Where are you?"

Two seconds later, the bedroom door popped open and James stepped into the bedroom. He was wearing a pair of black jeans and had his guitar slung over a shoulder. His hair was all fluffy, making him look even cuter than usual. The fact that he was shirtless gave me a good excuse to look over his chest as well. James dumped the guitar down in the corner of the room and came over to sit on the bed next to me. He found my hand and entwined our fingers together, "Hey. How are you feeling this morning?"

I shrugged, "A little bit better than yesterday." James nodded silently, looking me over as if he could find a physical sign that I was doing better than yesterday. Suddenly, he said, "Don't we need to change your bandages or something? Dave said that there was some cream of some sort that we were suppose to put on that cut on your back."

"Oh that," I replied, making a face. I didn't really want to worry about changing the bandages. That was a very long and painful process. I could heal up fine without the cream. After all, I was already feeling better today and I hadn't even taken the pain pills. Abruptly, a new thought occurred to me and I added, "Wait...Dave said that? Did you talk to Dave already?"

I immediately felt nervous. I had no idea what James had planned to tell Dave about our relationship. I wasn't sure if I wanted James to have talked to Dave already or not. On one hand, it would be nice to know that Dave was conscious of the fact that I was with James. On the other hand, the procrastinating nature in me just wanted to continue to put this off.

"Yeah, I talked to Dave already," James confirmed, picking up the container of the cream that was sitting on the nightstand. James motioned for me to spin around and turn my back to him. Still making a face, I flipped and tried not to grimace as James started peeling the old bandages off my back. Through my clenched teeth, I asked, "What did you tell Dave? And what did he say to you?"

James finished peeling off the old bandages and tossed them into the trash can by the side of the bed. He gave a sharp intake of breath at seeing my back, "God, what the hell did that bastard do to you?" I figured he was talking about Ray, but I didn't want to talk about Ray right now. I wanted to talk about Dave. Reminding James of the current topic, I added, "Ray cut my back up. I already told you that. Let's talk about Dave though. You never answered my question."

Slowly and cautiously, James started cleansing my skin with the cleanser the doctor had given us. It stung, but I was able to keep myself from whimpering or crying out. James finally told me about Dave, "I just said to him that we had been together since summer. I told him that you were too worried about hurting his feelings to tell him that we were a couple. I also said that you weren't yourself two nights ago and that you apologized for misleading him."

"Mm," I replied, waiting for James to go on. James, however, did not go on. Instead, he pulled out the salve and started dabbing it onto my wounds. I still wanted more information about Dave though, so I prodded, "Okay, thanks for telling him that. What was Dave's reaction though? Was he really mad at me? I wouldn't blame him if he is."

"Hell no!" James exclaimed as he screwed the top back onto the container of cream. He pulled out a bandage and started aligning it with the cuts on my back before he actually pressed it down. James went on, "He's not one bit mad at you. Actually, he's still in love with you, but he fuckin' hates my ass. Oh well, I can live with that."

I was confused by James sentence. Why would Dave hate James? It wasn't as if James had done anything wrong to hurt him like I had. I was the one completely at fault in this situation; not James. I was so intensely contemplating this that I didn't even feel the pain as James pressed the bandages down on my back. When he was finished, I asked curiously, "Why is Dave mad at you? He shouldn't be. You didn't do anything wrong at all. Want me to talk to Dave for you?"

James gave me one of those are-you-crazy looks as I shifted positions on the bed so I was facing him again. Dumping the bandage wrappers into the trash, James explained, "He's mad at me for being your lover. Isn't that obvious? But no, you don't need to go talking to him about anything. I was the one who offered to talk to him so you wouldn't have to. Just as a head ups, Dave is kind of in a pissy mood, so you probably want to avoid him for a few days."

I nodded. I had kind of planned on avoiding Dave for a few days anyways. I didn't want to see the look of betrayal in his eyes or feel the tension between us. Things had been so pure and mutual between the two of us until I had to go messing everything up. I wished so badly that I could rewind time and redo everything. That way, Dave and I could still have the friendship we had had before. Now, there was no way that our friendship could go back to normal. We had done too much together for that. Nothing about our relationship would ever be normal again. Most likely, we would just have a strained friendship from now on.

Trying to put my mind on something else besides Dave, I looked over at James and thanked him, "Thanks for helping me with those bandages and stuff. I don't think I could've done it by myself. I'm sure bandaging me up is probably not on your list of favorite things to do." I gave James a wry smile and looked down at our intertwined hands.

James laughed and shrugged his shoulders, "You really don't have to thank me for something like that. And actually, bandaging you up might be on my list of favorite things to do." James leaned over and kissed my neck gently. I sighed and leaned against his body. James' skin felt nice and warm against mine. I must be pretty cold. Looking down at my arms, I could see goosebumps. I guess I was really cold and hadn't even noticed it. I was even shivering ever so slightly.

"It's cold in here," I stated the obvious, wrapping my arms tightly around my chest in an attempt to keep the heat in. "I suppose I should probably get dressed now and find something to warm to wear. I mean, it's not like I can stay in bed all day. Besides, don't you have band practice or something in a few hours? I'm not sure what your practice schedule for the weekend is."

"You don't have to get dressed," James smiled at me evilly, looking over my naked body. "You look pretty good like that. But anyways, yeah, we have band practice today. Actually, why don't you come along for it? Lars doesn't care if you come along. Besides, it will give you something to do instead of sitting home and overdosing on painkillers all day."

I blushed at the painkillers overdosing comment and thought over James' idea. It might be nice to spend the day with James and the band members. The only problem was that I would have to face Dave if I decided to go to band practice. Was I ready to face Dave? Probably not. However, I had procrastinated with Dave for a very long time. Maybe it was better just to go to the damn band practice and look Dave in the eye. After all, James had said that Dave wasn't mad at me. Facing Dave couldn't be too awful, right?

James kissed my jaw and pulled me close to him. Thoughts of Dave immediately disappeared from my head as James placed a hand between my breasts. Slowly, he brought his hand down across my chest, stopping to rub my abdomen before continuing his descent. His hand traveled across my belly and stopped just above the line where my pubic hair started.

"Won't you please go with me?" James pleaded, giving me an irresistible look. "I know you want to come." Feeling like I was going to start dripping with James' hands so close to my sensitive spots, I rolled my eyes and gave, "Yeah, yeah, I'll come. Now you'd better get off of me or else we're going to end up having sex all day."

"That sounds like a good idea," James commented with a smile. To be honest, it sounded like a pretty good idea to me too. I certainly felt like I could stay in bed all day with my lover. Wondering if that was a possibility, I stated, "I thought you just said that you had to go to band practice though. That was the whole point of me getting dressed, remember?"
"Oh yeah," James said, scrunching up his nose at the mention of band practice. "Okay then. Go get dressed." I waited for James to leave the room to give me some privacy while I got dressed. However, James didn't budge from where he was sitting on the bed. He just kept staring at me with those gorgeous hazel eyes of his.

I pointed towards the door, "Um, can a girl have a little privacy?" James shook his head, "Nah, not when I'm around. Besides, you're the one who's been sitting naked in front of me all morning." I blushed at that comment. James was right; I was getting pretty used to being naked around him. Shrugging my shoulders, I walked across the room and dug through my bag for something to wear. I found a nice dark green shirt and some dark jeans to match it.

Leaning down to select the clothes from my bag, I suddenly let out a little cry. I kept forgetting that it hurt to move my back. In an instant, James was by my side, "Are you okay?" I nodded stiffly. It was hard to have problems getting dressed. I felt so pathetic. Tears started to fill my eyes again, but I shoved them back. I had cried way too much in the last few days and was not about to cry again. After all, there wasn't really all that much to cry about. I had James here with me and that was what truly mattered.

"Here, why don't you just let me help you," James said, picking up my clothes from the bag. Normally, I would've insisted to James that I was a big girl and could dress myself. But under the circumstances, I decided to let him help. James dug through my bag until he found a red bra with lace around the edges. As he fastened the clasp carefully around my back, he commented, "When did you get this one? You never wear it. Red and black is cute. It makes you look sexier."

"James," I said irritably, "I don't need an analysis on whether or not you think my clothes are sexy! Just hurry up and help me so we can get out of this damn bedroom before noon!" James laughed at my sudden change in demeanor. After finishing clasping the bra around my back, he helped slip the dark green top over my head.

After that, he went back to searching in my bag for a pair of panties that he liked. Getting dressed with James was certainly taking a while when James had to pause to look through every pair of panties I owned. If I had been getting dressed by myself, I would've been completely dressed at least five minutes ago. Annoyed, I said, "We're wasting time! Can't you hurry up?"

"Um hm," James replied, finally selecting my skimpiest, see-through black thong. Rolling my eyes at James, I said, "It would only figure that you'd pick that one, hm?" James grinned at me as he helped slip the thong up my legs. Once the little piece of fabric was on, I grabbed my jeans and pulled them on myself so we could finally get out the door.

James stood back and surveyed me, "Mm, you look good. Maybe I should help you get dressed everyday." I shook my head vigorously and started towards the door, "Um, no way. Now let's get the hell out of here before we waste anymore time." James nodded and took my hand as we exited the apartment and started down towards the apartment lobby. For some reason, James seemed to be way more affectionate than usual. That was good and all, but it didn't help me feel any less apprehensive about my meeting with Dave. I was just going to have to hold my head high and hope for the best.
Sign up to rate and review this story