Categories > Celebrities > Slipknot > I'm all out of enemies

You can't see California

by brittanylyn 1 review

"Youll always be my superman."

Category: Slipknot - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-07-12 - Updated: 2010-07-13 - 1853 words

0Unrated
IM ALL OUT OF ENEMIES.
Chapter 1.
DISCLAIMER: I do not own any persons belonging to or involved with the band Slipknot, or any of their affiliates, songs, mottos, etc. I’ll get over it someday.

"Mel-"
"No,"
"But you sai-"
"Not a fucking chance in hell, Sid." Melody frowned as he sighed and put his head down on the table. He would not win this time. Of all the nights to try and get her to agree to go out, this was one time she would not give in to his incesent badgering. She had work, she had responsibilities, she had-
"Please, Melody? You’re my best friend. I need you."
She had no willpower whatsoever.
Fuck.
Melody groaned and attempted to slump back in her chair, but he grabbed her hands and pulled her forwards, his eyes boring into hers. She tried to focus on something other then that damned look he was giving her, the look he always gave her when he knew she was close to giving in, but the slow circles he was tracing on her palms with his thumbs were making it very hard to focus on anything but him. She bit her lip and frowned some more, but he just kept looking at her, like she was the only thing on the face of the planet.
How were you supposed to ignore that?
"Sid, I know this is important to you, but I have important things too, okay? I can't just shrug off everything I have to do, bail on things at the drop of a hat. I'm behind in Psychology, the apartment is a wreck, I'm exhausted, and- why are you laughing?!" Sid attempted to conceal his wide grin as she huffed and pulled her hands away. "You never take me seriously!"
"Thats exactly why I'm laughing. You're so serious, about everything. Its cute." He mused as he added another packet of sugar to her coffee, stirring it gently. She slid the cup away from him and began to stir it herself, glaring at him for his caring nature. "Look, I'll help you with Psych, you can stay at my house tonight so you dont have to deal with the messy apartment, and I'll sing you to sleep if I have to. I'll even sleep with clothes on, so as not to entice you." He laughed as she threw the stir stick at him, bouncing it off his chest.
"Fat chance I'd be enticed, more like disgusted." She muttered.
"Hey, I heard that!" He pouted. Melody rolled her eyes and looked out the frosted window of the small diner they were in. It was sleeting, a blustering mix of rain and snow. Just looking through the glass made her shiver.
"God, why couldn't we live in California? I bet you they never get weather like we do." She sipped her coffee and prayed that a change of subject would leave her off the hook.
"Maybe we could move there after the band gets signed, which we wont if promoters and record people come to our shows and there isn't anybody there supporting us!" Sid watched her expression. He knew she was close to caving, and he grinned triumphently when she looked at the table and chewed her lip. She always chewed her lip before agreeing to something she knew wasnt 100% responsible. He never understood her constant need of sheduales, lists, and planning. He was spontanious, outrageous, and over the top. He was hyperactive and could barely sit still for five minutes, whereas Melody could sit in a lecture hall for 3 hours and take notes without even feeling the need to commit murder. And people thought he was strange.
"Fine, damnit. But if I dont get the best night sleep of my life, you're going to have bloody hell to pay."
***
Melody sighed as she pulled her hair out of its usual ponytail, letting her red waves cascade down her back. It wasn’t like she didn’t enjoy going to Sid’s shows, she just didn’t feel the most... comfortable, around his bandmates. Sid DJ’d for a local metal band, and it consisted of some of the oddest personalities she had ever come across. She even considered analysing a few of them for her final thesis. If she had to hang around them, she was at least going to get her university credit.
The main vocalist, Corey, he was a nice enough guy. He could get a bit violent when he had a couple drinks in him, which was often, but other than that he was alright. And Joey, their drummer, he was a sweetheart. Very mellow and easy going. She didn’t know their bass player that well, nor did she talk much to either Craig or Chris, two of the percussionists. The other percussionist, Shawn, now he was an interesting one. Corey always said he toed the line between insanity and genius, with a tendency to step over on to the ‘insane’ side. Melody had to agree. Tonight he had even brought a deceased bird onto the stage, throwing it into the small but enthusiastic crowd much to the horror of her, and the club owner. The two guitarists, Mick and Jim, were both exceptionally tall, but definantly pleasant. Either way, their set had been incredible, and everyone had been riled up. No one had heard anything like them, and Melody had to admit they were damn good. Even if she did have to cover her ears during Mick’s solo and wait around in the freezing cold and soaking slush while Sid caught up with their ‘fans’. She shivered as water dripped down her back from the tips of her hair, soaking through her already damp tshirt. She stood in front of Sid’s horrendously messy closet and tried to locate something dry to wear.
“Here, wear this one.” He rested his hand on her side as he reached above her and pulled down a slightly wrinkled long-sleeve. The heat from his touch felt good, and she leaned into him slightly as he dug for sweatpants. He located a pair and straightened up, handing both articles of clothing to her. She said her thanks and slipped into the washroom to change. When she went back to his room, he wasn’t there, but she could hear muffled talking coming from the direction of the living room. She made her way down the narrow stairs and found him wrestling with the rabbit ears on his television in a t-shirt and boxers.
“I thought we agreed you were to wear clothing?” She teased as she perched on the arm of the couch. The living room was sparsely furnished, as was the rest of the house. It had the single couch, 4 milk crates with a slab of wood on top as a table, and the small T.V sitting atop an old dresser. The walls were a dingy off-white, cracked and chipped in most places so that you could see the grey concrete underneath. A ceiling fan with a bulb was the only source of light, minus the two windows. It was drafty, and Melody pulled her knees into her chest in an effort to sustain the dismal amount of warmth she had managed to gain since changing.
“If you can’t see my dick, it counts as clothing.” He said as he attempted to find a station that wasn’t fuzzy. “This fucking storm has knocked out most of the channels.” He finally gave up and threw himself onto the couch, resting his head against Mel’s thigh. She absintmindidly ran her fingers through his hair, and he made a rumbling sound of appreciation.
“Much as I hate to admit it, I’m glad I came tonight. You guys were really good.” She said, tucking a strand of his wild almost-black hair behind his ear. He tilted his head back further so he could look at her properly. “I think the owner was impressed, minus Shawn’s bird bit.”
“Yeah, he’s a little bit weird. But he’s amazing creatively. But do you really think so? About impressing the owner? The crowd were a bunch of fucking posers, and every other band there played at LEAST one Metallica cover, so I really don’t give a shit what they think cause they suck-” He paused to lift his shirt and scratch his toned stomach “ but if we impressed the owner, that’s really good.” Melody smiled sleepily and tried to stifle a yawn. She knew if she let him, Sid would go on for hours about signing opportunities and promotions people and record labels. Everyone else in the band was just in it for the music; Sid really wanted it to go places. She shivered, causing him to jump too, as her hand was on his head. “I’m such an ass, you must be freezing, come here.” He sat up slightly and pulled her gently down beside him, so that she was lying between the back of the couch and his body. He wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close, laying her head on his shoulder. “Better?” He asked. She nodded. “Good. Sorry I don’t have any blankets down here, I guess that’s kinda stupid, huh?”
“You’ve never been the sharpest tool in the shed. But I guess thats why we get along so well; we balance each other out. I’m the brain, you’re the... well, not exactly the brawn, seeing as you’re a scrawny little fuck.” He laughed and tickled her sides. “Hey!” She whined, grabbing his hands.
“A lot stronger then you, little girl.” He challenged, pinning her arms behind her. She struggled for a minute, then, gave up. “Hah. I win.”
“Wrong, monkey boy. I’m just too exhausted to kick your ass.” Melody yawned again, rubbing her eyes. “I’m gonna go to bed, okay?” She went to roll over Sid so she could get off the couch, but he caught her and lifted her up, bridal-style.
“Seeing as I’m joining you, how about a lift? Or are you too scared I’d drop you? Seeing as I’m a scrawny little fuck.” He loosened his grip and she clung to his shirt.
“Nope, you’re one strong man. Impeccably strong. Incredibly strong. Unbelievably strong. Able to lift cars, leap tall buildings in a single bound, stop a speeding bullet-“ She stopped when he tossed her onto his bed, and got under the covers. He turned off the light and crawled in beside her.
“Isn’t that Superman?” He asked as he pulled the blankets tighter around her. She shivered again and rolled closer to him. Pressing her lips to his ear, she whispered
“You’re my superman.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter one, there you have it. Setting the mood, foreshadowing, you know. And before you get on my case, I know at this point all the original band members would’ve still been involved but I didn’t feel like dealing with that drama so suck it.
Kay thaaaanks :)
Sign up to rate and review this story