Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Early Sunsets Over Monroeville

Me And You. Just Us Two.

by StopThePress 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-07-16 - Updated: 2010-07-16 - 2201 words - Complete

0Unrated
Shane's Point of View


For the last couple of days trapped in the mall, I reevaluated everything that meant anything to me. I knew if I was going to die soon, I had better start making this experience worth while.

I stood in a shoe store trying on heels when Serena rushed up to me. She panted out of breath before she began to speak.

"Shane, something happened to Andy and we need to go, now!" She said pulling my arm.

"Wait! Wait!" I pleaded as I put my sneakers back on. I followed her running into Spencer's Gifts and up to the roof. Everyone was up there looking across the roof to the other building which stood Andy's gun store. I stood next to Mikey who was enthralled by this whole thing.

"What happened?" I said turning to him. He turned to me slowly and spoke.

"He was bitten." He stated plainly. Andy was pretty much our only hope of getting ammunition and getting out of the mall. And now, he was going to turn into one of them.

"Shit!" I said turning looking straight across to the other roof. I looked back to the officer who had been up there before looking into his binoculars. He shook his head.

"They got him." He said defeated.

"We need to devise some kind of escape route. We still need bullets and we hardly have any guns!" CJ had made a point. With or without Andy, we still needed some type of protection.

"The best thing I can think of is sending people over." The officer, Ken, had said.

"That's great!" Piped Terry. His eyes seemed to wonder under the building to a white truck. "Someone can take that truck over and bring some stuff back over and then we can leave!"

"But how would we get in and out without those things following after us?" Nicole inquired.

"There's a little door on the side. We could park the back of the truck into that and get in and out through there." Gerard insisted. Steve, the guy who had been on the roof prior shooting zombified celebrities looked up.

"That's actually a really good plan." I turned to Gerard who had been on the left of me (Mikey had been on my right) and gave him a quick smile.

"We just need volunteers." CJ said raising his hand.

"What do you say?" I whispered to Gerard who had been transfixed on the idea of him shooting zombies.

"Hell yeah." He replied coolly as he took our hands and raised them. We looked around seeing that it was only three of us raising our hands.

"C'mon you guys! If Barbie and Ken are going, we can have a couple more people." CJ said referring to Gerard and I. I actually preferred Stacie and Ken, she was the brunette. A couple of people raised there hands as well.

"I'll go." Said a guy, tall in stature but really skinny. He wore a trucker hat and a plaid shirt. His name was Tucker.

"Count me in." Said Terry. He didn't want to leave Nicole's side but he knew that this was the only way of getting out.

"Alright! Terry the Trainee is gonna kick some zombie ass!" CJ cheered.

We raced downstairs to the stores grabbing anything that could protect us from getting bit. I had grabbed a fitted leather jacket with biker gloves and boots that came up to my knee. Pulling my hair up into a high ponytail, I had seen Gerard coming out of the dressing room with almost the same thing on. Except, the leather jacket and boots were actually his.

"You look great!" He said as I zippered my jacket all the way up. It had a mandarin collar with a snap in the front, as did Gerard's.

"You do too!" I gulped knowing what was on his mind. He came closer to me. Looking into my eyes with his bright green ones.

"Look, if anything happens to me. I just want you to know...I love you." I smiled embracing him.

"I love you too!" Closing my eyes and taking in the scent of leather and cigarettes. He pulled away from me.

"And if anything happens to you," He said getting down on one knee. My heart jumped out of my chest and onto the floor of the mall. "I'm telling you now, that if we both get out of here alive," He said ripping off the biker glove on my left hand. By now we had the attention of everyone. Serena jumping up and down, grabbing Frank's arm. I began to cry. "I wanted to let you know that I'd spend the rest of my life with you." He ended, slipping a gorgeous ring on my finger. My hand shook as everything around me had disappeared, excluding him. I heard applause around me as I saw my best friend in tears clapping her heart away. He got up from kneeling and hugged the living day-lights out of me. Picking me up and swinging me around.

"I accept!" I screamed. Making him and everyone around us laugh. I grabbed his face going in for a deep kiss. Everyone around us howled and cheered. I usually hated being the center of attention but this one time, it felt pretty good.

Tucker, CJ, Ken, Terry, Gerard and I were now in the parking lot under the mall following Ken.

"So where's this truck?" I said creeping with a handgun at my side and one in my holster. Gerard was carrying a shot gun on his back and a pistol, equipped with a silencer, on his hip.

"It's right outside of this door. We just have to open it and when we close it, we have to make sure it doesn't make any noise." Terry said lowly. In order to get back upstairs, Steve had been guarding the door so that we could grab everything that belonged to us and leave for the buses that were parked in the parking lot.

"So how does it feel to be engaged...again?"Gerard whispered to me.

"Amazing! Much better than the first time!" I whispered back. I had my ring on my finger but under the glove so nothing would happen to it.

"Did you like your ring?" He said edging closer to the door.

"I love it! It's beautiful!" I said taking my attention off of the door ooking to him.

"Just like you!" He said playfully.

"You guys disgust me!" CJ said walking behind us. We were behind Terry, who was behind Ken, about to open the door. CJ and Tucker, beside each other, were the last ones out, making sure the door didn't slam catching their attention.

My eyes widened to see them, the undead, milling around to find food. Hissing and moaning as their eyes narrowed on us. I aimed and shot as many times as I could trying to get in the cab of the truck before any of them climbed in. Gerard had pulled out his pistol and began to aim and fire. He had gotten about three out of five in the head before CJ and Tucker, who had amazing aim, had brought the cab door down. Terry and Ken were in the front running them over or hitting them straight-on. From the cab, you could feel their bodies collide with the car.

Finally, we were parked outside of Andy's store. The cab of the truck was facing the small door in which we had to climb into. CJ opened the cab door up as we climbed out quickly, greeted by sneering faces and more hisses. One grabbed onto my arm as I shot it straight in the head. There were so many of them it felt like playing a game of Wac-A-Mole. Gerard had shot three in which just lied down and started flailing there arms wildly.

Once we got control and the number of them started dwindling down, we crawled into the door as quickly as we could. I was the last one in as one of them grabbed my foot. I tried kicking it off with my boot but it wouldn't budge. As soon as I knew it, someone had grabbed the collar of my jacket pulling me in. I was startled at first to see it was Gerard. He aimed and shot it dead (again) in the head. I quickly shut the door downward with my foot and continued to crawl through the door. I looked to him as I spoke.

"Me and you."

"Just us two." We finished in unison, linking pinkies and smiling.

"Thanks babe!" I said out of breath standing upright into the store.

"That's what fiance's are for!" He said putting the pistol back into his holster. We walked around quietly, knowing that Andy was somewhere in there just waiting to come out.

"What if zombie Andy knows how to use a gun?" CJ whispered to Ken.

"I doubt it!" Suddenly a loud shriek filled the room. Andy had come from behind a wall and stood there with his eyes bugged out of their sockets and his face pale and skinny. Without hesitation Ken had shot him, blowing half of his face off.

Within twenty minutes of killing Andy, we had grabbed everything out of the ammunition store. Not really caring about maintenance, CJ had broken the glass in which held the rifle bullets.

"We're gonna need these. Oh! And a bunch of these!" Gerard said grabbing random packs of bullets from the shelf. As I tried to grab as many things as I could also, dumping them into a thirty-nine gallon sack. We left nothing behind.

We raced out of the small door opening up the cab and spilling everything in. Unfortunately, we couldn't leave discretely enough without them noticing. CJ climbed in last as Ken pulled off with the cab door still open. Most of them ran for us while some of them were hanging on. Gerard and I in a trance aiming and firing off about fifteen bullets each, reloading within five seconds as if we've been doing it for all of our lives. But I wasn't scared. I had this rush and I could tell that Gerard felt it too. It was this rush of taking a risk and putting your life completely in danger. Testing your strength and awareness abilities. I loved it!

We empited everything out of the cab as Terry and Ken guarded the door shooting as many of them as they could. We got everything in as we shut the door. We ran everything we accumulated to the buses and packed them as fast as we could, when we heard a banging sound.

We turned startled as we knew they had found a way to open the door. We shut doors of the buses as we raced to get back up the stairs, by that time there were on our tails. Gerard and I stayed close to each other as we weren't taking any chances trying to shoot at them. Behind us Tucker had tripped and ended up hurting his ankle. Resulting in them grabbing him.

"Shoot me now!" He screamed to CJ. CJ obeyed.

"Sorry man." He said and continued running. We finally got to the door banging on it for dear life when we saw that we were cornered. Gerard and I continued to bang on it as Ken, CJ and Terry were holding them up, shooting round after round.

Finally Steve had opened the door.

"Took you long enough you stupid prick!" Gerard hissed grabbing his collar pushing him in CJ's direction.

"I'll deal with you later, mother fucker!" He said pushing him. We ran through the mall, up the escalators grabbing everything that belonged to us. We ran into the elevator and took it down to the parking lot as some tried to get in before the doors shut. Gerard and I stood at the back completely out of breath.

"Me and you." He whispered.

"Just us two." I whispered back kissing him. The elevator doors opened as hundred of them infiltrated the parking garage. We ran to the shuttles as we piled everything that we had in, shutting the door and locking it from the inside. Ken had been driving our shuttle. He had a radio so he could communicate with the other two. On our bus was Nicole, Terry, CJ, Mikey, Ray, Bob, Frank and Serena.

Ken pulled out, knocking about eighty over with the plow in front. None of them were dumb enough to try and hang on. We held on as he plowed through the garage gates leading us outside. With the other two buses following us, we had. Ken had continue to plow about one hundred more. Making a clearing for the other two buses to pass.

I threw my head onto Gerard's shoulder, taking my leather gloves off. I looked at my ring closely. Taking it off of my finger. Seeing the inscription on the inside "Forever" in script.

"Forever." I whispered smiling to him.

"And ever." He kissed me lightly on the lips. Placing the ring back on my finger.
Sign up to rate and review this story