Categories > Original > Drama

Paper Cuts

by scentlessapprentice 1 review

My first story mentioning addiction. >.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2010-07-17 - Updated: 2010-07-17 - 228 words - Complete

0Unrated
Idiot. Stupid fucking IDIOT.
I scolded myself as I looked at the terrifying reflection before me. I always looked down upon addicts. Always said how incredibly dumb they were for using drugs. Now look, I'm a hypocrite. Complete fucking hypocrite because of who I am now. I knew it wasn't a good idea from the start (No shit, Einstein.) but I was curious. And that stupid curiosity sucked me in. Now my whole life is screwed. Everything I ever dreamed of, or wanted, gone. I try to stop, try to help myself. But it's not like any of that works, of course.
Syringes and burned spoons cover the counter while small dried spots of blood scatter the sink. I look back up at the mirror. I look like absolute shit.
Well what'd you expect? To look like some Greek God?, I thought. Then the addiction invades my mind, creeping in slowly like a venomous snake. Slowly, smoothly calling my name to give in. It slithers over my brain, wrapping around it, holding me captive inside myself, completely unable to escape.
Fuck.
The longer I wait, the louder it gets. Haunting my mind, filling up all the silence and taking over all other thoughts. I sigh to myself as I unwillingly turn out the bathroom light, leaving the room to feed the monster.
Lets see how long I last.
Sign up to rate and review this story