Categories > Movies > Shrek > Out To Find

Out To Find

by 18th_Hole 0 reviews

Fiona isn't the only one who feels as if something's missing.

Category: Shrek - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2010-07-15 - Updated: 2010-07-16 - 460 words - Complete

0Unrated
Wow, the sunset can be so...changing.
"Hey there, my crazy little man." Mom came from behind me.
"Mom, I'm not crazy, I'm just dyslexic." She's probably gonna say "I know that."
"I know that." Yep, she said it, "Why don't you come on home, Fergus? Dad's making supper again."
"I'll be there later."
"Why not now? What are you thinking about, sweeite?" Why must she be so determined to find out what I'm thinking?
"-sigh- Mother, I'm just thinking." I hate it when she does this, 'cause then I shoot right back.
"About what?" Alright, here it comes.
"Mom, I am sixteen years old! I am about to leave home if you don't stop that!" I stood up and faced away from her.
"Stop what?! What I am doing?"
"That thing you always do! Y-you're always trying to know what I'm thinking! Like I can't keep my thoughts to myself!" She slowly stood up and came up behind me."Fergus...what's the matter?"
I turned around and hugged her, "There's something wrong. Something's missing, and-" I knew she'd react like this, again. Not even letting me finish because she'd know what I was about to say. She pushed me away.
"No. No, we are not going to talk about this, Fergus!"
"But why not?! We need to talk about this!"
"We are not going to talk about this! We will not talk about this! Do you hear me?!"
"But-" She always has to stop me.
"Do you hear me?!?" I waited to answer.
"Loud and clear." I pushed through my teeth. I walked beside her and stormed away.
-
That night, I didn't sleep. I couldn't. I finally got tired of arguing with myself for two hours. I crept to the living room to slip my shoes on. That's when dad caught me. "What are you up to, little man?"
"Dad, I'm not little anymore. And I'm not up to anything." I stood up and walked to the door.
"You're always little to me. Now, you are up to something. What is it?" I opened the door, "Where are you going, Fergus?"
"Don't worry about it, dad."
"You tell me where you're going, young man."
"Why are you whispering?"
"I don't want to wake her...you're leaving because you still believe they're out there, aren't you?" I didn't answer. "Go." I turned around and he put his hand on my shoulder. "Go, Fergus. I won't stop you." I hugged him. I don't think he was expecting it, but he hugged back.
"Go on." I stepped back. "Hurry! Go!" So I turned and ran as far as I could before I tired out, which was pretty far. Then I stopped and looked back. Turned back around, and began running again.
Sign up to rate and review this story