Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Deliveries

Delivery 43

by Mikari 0 reviews

Delivery 43: Heavy

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Cloud Strife,Reno,Rufus Shinra,Tifa Lockhart - Published: 2010-07-19 - Updated: 2010-07-19 - 812 words - Complete

0Unrated
Deliveries

Delivery 43: Heavy

Cloud Strife was a quiet man, more than a little on the emotional side, with a tendency to go emo. He had a huge crush on his childhood friend Tifa Lockhart, who liked him as well and tried to tell him on many occasions, but Cloud was either too stupid to understand or clumsily ruined the mood. He had a variety of unfortunate things happen to him, such as accidentally making Tifa angry several times due to being misunderstood.

Cloud lived a sad life as a delivery boy struggling to make ends meet while freeloading on Tifa, as if he didn't have enough difficulties expressing his feelings as it was. To top it all up, there was a red haired pest that came and went as he pleased, making Cloud's life even more miserable. There was nothing he could do about Reno of the Turks, he was a good customer to Tifa and she had bills to pay and mouths to feed, which more often than not included his.

Cloud and Tifa had two children, neither of them their biological family, but they might as well have adopted the kids. Marlene's official adoptive father was never around and Denzel had no living relatives either. Thus they both lived with Tifa and Cloud completing their strange little family. Sometimes, Cloud didn't think life was so bad, he could almost smile sometimes, then Reno would pop out of seemingly no where and do something that would break the concentration Cloud was building up to remember how to smile.

Everyone had their own burden to carry, some would say, Cloud thought of that while he delivered a new refrigerator up the stairs of Healin Lodge, he thought of many things, of his misery and other depressing thoughts, since the activity of pushing a refrigerator up stairs wasn't exactly pleasant or cheerful.

Rufus Shinra thought he was doing him a favor by hiring him, in a sense he was, but in another he wasn't. Either way it was amusing to watch so Rufus won. Reno had apparently broken the old refrigerator, who knows how that happened, but the machine had stopped working.

"Everything happens for a reason," Cloud caught a piece of a conversation taking place at Healin Lodge on the top of the stairs, in the balcony where the show could be easily seen. It was Rufus who said that, he was talking about replacing the refrigerator, but Cloud was too focused in his task to catch the while conversation and took it out of context concluding that Rufus could say deep things sometimes, unlike Reno who seemed to never take anything seriously.

Cloud had to stop to think, to reanalyze his life and to give thanks for the good things in it. He set the refrigerator on one of the steps, holding it so it wouldn't tilt and go tumbling down. Then Reno popped up out of nowhere as he usually did to ruin things. "Yo Cloud! Did you get tired?" He peeked out from the top of the refrigerator pushing it enough to make it slip into the next step. Cloud managed to steady it, but it crushed his toes, making his scream of agony echo.

Cloud had to manage to get the refrigerator up to Healin Lodge with broken toes. It didn't help that Reno accidentally stepped on his foot after the delivery was made, before he could get himself out of his the range of Reno's trouble energy waves. Cloud wanted to decapitate the red haired pest, but couldn't bring himself to do it; a depressing creature such as himself had no right to end the life of a being that was smiling 99% of the time.

The unfortunate delivery boy made his way down the stairs, to Fenrir, forgot to collect his pay and had to go back up to get it, down again, and finally he drove home to the Seventh Heaven.

Cloud didn't have the energy to go on more deliveries so e procrastinated and left them for tomorrow. Tifa came to greet him and stepped on his foot by accident; Cloud swallowed his agonized cry this time and struggled up the stairs to his room.

Finally, a few minutes later, Tifa appeared at the door, "Reno called and told me you hurt your toes, why didn't you say so?"

"It doesn't matter..." Cloud pouted, he was laying on his bed on his back, his shoes were off and his toes were turning purple.

"Of course it does!" Then Tifa spoiled and babied Cloud for the whole day. Maybe things really did happen for a reason, to remind him that he didn't have to carry the full weight of life on his own.

End of Delivery 43

Disclaimer, I don't own Final Fantasy VII. Delivery 43 is for Plushietiger, the concept was something heavy falling on Cloud's toes.
Sign up to rate and review this story