Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Deliveries

Delivery 44: Shade Vision

by Mikari 0 reviews

Delivery 44: Shade Vision

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Cloud Strife,Tifa Lockhart - Published: 2010-07-27 - Updated: 2010-07-28 - 897 words - Complete

0Unrated
Deliveries

Delivery 44: Shade Vision

It was a quiet morning in the Seventh Heaven when Cloud went downstairs as usual and stopped as he found something most unusual in front of the bar. He looked at the large package almost as big as him. He observed it from different angles, other than the size it looked normal enough. It was a big rectangular box set vertically, wrapped in brown paper with a white label on one side, with black writing. He looked at the address, catching the word Shinra right away.

The package was apparently for Rude, which Tifa soon confirmed also explaining that, "it was brought in very early today. I think they could have taken it to Shinra's headquarters, but they were instructed to deliver it here. Your job is to take it to Shinra and you've already been paid," she handed him a white envelope with his name in black ink on top, followed by the name of his company, Cloud Strife, Strife Delivery Service.

Cloud received the envelope and opened it, finding a single gil within, "cheap," he grumbled indignantly, there was no way he was going to deliver that huge box for such a low payment.

"Actually, the payment was quite generous, I just took the liberty of subtracting your living expenses for the past few months from it," Tifa clarified with a satisfied grin. For once she wouldn't have to stretch her gil to immeasurable proportions for the sake of making ends meet for the month, though she would still watch her budget because Cloud didn't always make this much and even more rarely paid for his food.

Cloud froze for a moment, his jaw ajar, his eyes blinking rapidly, "oh," he shifted uncomfortably, transferring the weight of his body from one foot to another. "Well I guess I should deliver this then..."

A moment of awkward silence passed until Tifa finally spoke again, "yes, you should," she encouraged Cloud to get going.

"But it bothers me," he complained pouting, "it's bad enough that Edge is basically living on Rufus' charity, because we all know he funds the WRO, now Rude is doing things like this too?"

Tifa wanted to ask if it was okay to live on her charity then, but instead chouse to word it more gently by saying, "you should be thankful for the help you receive."

Cloud looked sad, his guilt increasing, he had been dragging a different burden lately, "I guess..." he turned his attention towards the box and stretched his arms in preparation. He positioned himself in front of it with his feet apart and bent his knees, doing a few squats and arm flexes as a warm-up. Then he wrapped his arms around the box and focused all his strength in lifting it, which resulted in him falling backwards and throwing the box up against the ceiling, it was as light as a feather. The box collided with the lamp above and fell down on top of Cloud, who easily pushed it away in indignant embarrassment.

"Cloud Strife!" Tifa scolded, "how could you throw the box, what if you broke whatever is inside? I can't believe you would do this after Rude went out of his way to help!"

"I didn't mean to!" Cloud knew he wouldn't get out of this so easily despite his kicked puppy expression.

"You better see that it's not broken!" Tifa was upset and in her anger she didn't think of the consequences of opening the box.

Not wanting to provoke Tifa further, Cloud opened up the box and found a lot of foam pieces and something in bubble wrap. He pulled the thing out and took the bubble wrap off, it was another box. He opened it and found the same scene in a smaller proportion. The action was repeated seven times before Cloud found the item contained inside the multitude of boxes bubble wrap and foam, a pair of shades. He curiously tried them on but the world was distorted, "everything looks weird."

"Oh no, are they broken?" The multiple boxes, bubble wrap and foam were exaggerated and Tifa suspected the interference of Reno in arranging the packaging, it was hard to believe the shades could break with all that protection. She took the shades and tried them on, but the world also looked strange, "now I see, that's why."

"That's why what?" Cloud just hoped that the shades weren't too badly damaged or he might suffer the wrath of Tifa, all because of Rude, which made it that much worse.

"It's the mystery of why Rude never takes off his shades even indoors or at night," Tifa replied, feeling victorious at having solved it, though she still intended to give Cloud another piece of her mind for his carelessness. "It's because Rude's shades are also glasses, it's a prescription, that's why it won't work for everyone," thus one of the mysteries of the world was finally solved.

End of Delivery 44

Disclaimer, I don't own Final Fantasy VII. For a sequel to Delivery 43, read Mission 72. A lot of my FFVII stories were inspired by the Shinra Database RPG. It's a blog style RPG where characters post once a week, I play Reno. It's hilarious so I highly recommend you watch the shinra_database community on livejournal. Delivery 44 was requested by Agatsuma Ritsuka, the concept was Rude ordering glasses.
Sign up to rate and review this story