Categories > TV > Lizzie McGuire > Lizzie McGuire and Seto Kaiba

Caught stargazing by Kaiba

by IlovetheCoreys 1 review

When Lizzie goes outside Friday night to stargaze, she is found by Kaiba.

Category: Lizzie McGuire - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Kate,Lizzie - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-07-24 - Updated: 2010-07-25 - 1225 words

0Unrated
There were places we would go at midnight
There were secrets that nobody else would know
There's a reason but I don't know why
I don't know why
I don't know why
I thought they all belonged to me

Who's that girl?
Where's she from?
No she can't be the one
That you want
That has stolen my world
It's not real, it's not right
It's my day, it's my night
By the way
Who's that girl living my life?
Oh no, living my life

Seems like everything's the same around me
Then I look again and everything has changed
I'm not dreaming so I don't know why
I don't know why
I don't know why
She's everywhere I wanna be

Who's that girl?
Where's she from?
No she can't be the one
That you want
That has stolen my world
It's not real, it's not right
It's my day, it's my night
By the way
Who's that girl living my life?

I'm the one who made you laugh
Who made you feel
And made you sad
I'm not sorry
For what we did
For who we were
I'm not sorry
I'm not her

Who's that girl?
Where's she from?
No she can't be the one
That you want
That has stolen my world
It's not real, it's not right
It's my day, it's my night
By the way
Who's that girl living my life?
Oh no, living my life

--Hilary Duff, Who's That Girl?

It was the next night. Lizzie was tossing and turning in her bed, unable to get to sleep. She then looked at the clock. It said 8:30 PM. Sighing, she ran a hand through her blonde locks and got to her feet.

"It's only 8:30, and I can't get to sleep," she whispered to herself. "Might as well go take a walk. Maybe that'll help clear my head."

So with that she changed from her nightshirt to a yellow turtleneck and black Levis. Then, being very careful, she headed downstairs and stopped at the front door, listening to see if someone had heard her.

Nothing. Lizzie was puzzled for a bit. Shrugging, she then turned the doorknob and opened the door quietly, all the while listening and keeping her ears perked up for any sign that she might get caught.

Then she slipped out the door and closed it quietly behind her. The stars in the velvety-black sky greeted her when she turned and looked up at them.

She smiled. As a little girl, when she was unable to fall asleep, she had loved to go outside at night and watch the stars, wondering what could be up there that was so mysterious.... and so beautiful. Then, finally feeling tired, she would head back into the house and into her bed.

Then a voice called,
"Lizzie.... Lizzie...."

Lizzie blinked. That voice, she thought.

It sounded very.... familiar.

"Maybe I should see who it is," she whispered to herself.

With that she stepped down the porch stairs and out into the backyard.

As she sat down, she noted that the grass wasn't wet; it still felt dry. The moon was out as well, and it was Friday night, of course.

After finding what she called her "secret spot" on the grass, Lizzie then sat down and looked up at the moon.

It shone in the night sky like a beacon of hope, full of beauty. Plus it was cool and calm. It was then that Lizzie remembered reading the short story called "How Sun, Moon and Wind Went Out to Dinner", and especially liked how the gentle Moon didn't forget her mother, and saved some portions of food for her while she, Sun and Wind were at the dinner prepared for them by their aunt and uncle, Thunder and Lightning.

Lizzie smiled as she remembered their mother's blessing to the Moon: "Daughter, because you remembered your mother, and kept for her a share in your enjoyment, from henceforth you shall ever be cool, and calm, and bright. No glare shall accompany your pure rays, and men shall always call you blessed."

Lizzie then remembered grinning as she read those words, and felt that they were true.

"After all," she whispered to herself, "a good deed almost never goes unnoticed, nor does it go unrewarded."

It was then that the voice spoke again.

"I cannot agree more, Lizzie."

Instantaneously Lizzie turned her head, and there stood Kaiba, smirking. He was wearing his black turtleneck, black slacks, the purple trenchcoat and black shoes.

"Um, hey, Kaiba," she whispered.

Kaiba, smirking still, replied,
"You know, Lizzie, I was waiting for you. I couldn't resist watching you at all -- not one bit. I like the way you sat there in the moonlight, the way your golden locks shine whenever the rays from the sun or light from the moon touches them, and most importantly, the way your smile shines in that lovely visage of yours."

Lizzie blushed as those last few words made her come to the realization that Kaiba had a point.

He then walked over, sat down behind her and placed his hands on her upper arms, and his chin on her right shoulder. Lizzie winced at how Kaiba's grip tightened.
"You see, my beauty," he purred into her ear, his cold, forget-me-not blue eyes shining, "I can tell you are something else, just like all of your kind."

"What do you mean?" Lizzie asked.

Kaiba closed his eyes as his trademark smirk still adorned his face. "Haven't you read Rudyard Kipling?" he asked. "Remember that saying I think of whenever I see that beautiful face of yours?"

Lizzie thought for a moment, and then her eyes widened when she finally was able to bring to mind that well-known sentence that Rudyard Kipling had made famous in a poem entitled "The Female of the Species".

"The female of the species is more deadly than the male."

As Lizzie whispered those words to herself, Kaiba then slid his hands down her upper arms to her lower wrists, while he then sniffed in the minty fresh scent of her yellow locks.

He then whispered,
"You see, Lizzie, you have something in you -- beauty. And I believe that even Kate Sanders isn't really that beautiful.

"Miranda told me about her once, too," added Kaiba.

*Flashback*

"You see, Kaiba," explained Miranda as Kaiba, sitting across from her and Lizzie, listened very closely, "Kate was once Lizzie's, Gordo's and my best friend. We shared secrets together, as well as everything else. But then we hit junior high. It was then that she became popular after going to cheerleading camp one summer, grew five inches and began hanging with the so-called 'cool' kids."

"I see," replied Kaiba, nodding in agreement.


End Flashback

"Wow," Lizzie remarked. "Did you say I was beautiful?"

Kaiba nodded. "Yes."

He then checked his watch. It was 9:00 PM.

"We better get back to our rooms," said Lizzie.

"I agree," replied Kaiba.

With that, they then separated and headed for their homes. Lizzie then slipped back into her house, quiet as a spider, and was able to sneak back into her bedroom. She then got into her bed, pulled the covers up to her chin and then fell asleep.

Luckily for Lizzie, Monday at school would be a great day. She just didn't know it yet.
Sign up to rate and review this story