Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > One Hell of A Band

Audition

by pbXjrock 0 reviews

Try it out...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-07-29 - Updated: 2010-07-29 - 1408 words

0Unrated
Rayna handed me the ice cream bar and grabbed me by the arm, pulling me anxiously to her basement. “Bobbie’s here too, and some of the girls have already arrived.”, Mika told me adjusting her glasses. “I’m so excited, the only time I’ve ever really played guitar in a band was with my brother when we got really bored and couldn’t go outside’’, she continued sounding all jittery. I could tell she’d had a cup of Starbucks before she came here.
“When are we gonna start?”, one of the girls asked impatiently.
“I guess we can start once everybody is here.”, Rayna shrugged.
“I can’t wait that long!”, said another girl wearing way too much make up.
“Can’t we at least entertain them?”, I asked not wanting to be bored.
“What do you want to do?”, Rayna asked everyone.
“Watch a movie!”
“Play a Truth or Dare!”
“Talk about guys!”
“Eat!”
“Talk about guys!”
“Dance!”
“Talk about guys!”
“Play Twister!”
“Play Twister with guys!”, that made everyone laugh.
“Okay, it’s decided! We’re going to watch a movie!”, Bobbie finally said, becoming irritated.
“What movie?”, Mika asked bouncing up and down.
“Let’s watch a scary movie!”, I said smirking. “It is Halloween.”
“Why not Mean Girls? That movie is scary as shit.”, said the girl with too much make up on.
“No, let’s watch the new Nightmare on Elm Street.”, Rayna suggested.
“Eww, no! The new Freddy Krueger isn’t scary! He’s so bland and boring! He was all like ‘You’re a pretty girl, hahaha’. Stupid pussy!!”, Bobbie mocked. That made Mika laugh.
“What about Paranormal Activity?”, Rayna said still flipping through her collections of DVDs.
“I love that movie!”, a girl piped in.
“Then it’s decided, we’ll watch Paranormal Activity.”, Rayna stated without a second thought.
***

It had gotten to the part where the Ouija Board caught on fire. By that time, a few more girls had shown up. We were all scared out of wits (except for Bobbie, I don’t think she really cared.) So we really weren’t expecting someone to come down the stairs. The dark figure descended down into the dark basement. The light of the window illuminated his silhouette making his sudden appearance seem even more eerie.
“OMG OMG OMG!!! Who the hell is that?!”, a frightened female voice asked. The stranger reached up and turned on the light of the ceiling fan.
“Oh, that’s just my brother.”, Mika said smiling. “Gerard! Why do you always have to scare people like that?!”, she whined at him.
“Never mind, he’s hot so it doesn’t matter.”, someone said laughing.
“Why are you watching Paranormal Activity in the middle of the day? That’s boring.”, Gerard told us.
“Boring? How could yo-”, Rayna was cut off by the clown-faced girl.
“Are you here for the audition?”, she asked smiling a little to big at him.
“No, I just came here to remind Mika about something.”, Gerard explained.
“You mean the perverts on Halloween? No one’s gonna get me.”, Mika huffs rolling her eyes.
“Yes, they are. You don’t know how many creeps plan gross things on Halloween and every other day of the year.”, Gerard scolded.
“Uh, everyone is here. Can we get this audition thing over with?”, Bobbie asked snappily.
“Someone’s PMSin’ today!”, one of the girls said under there breath.
“At least I’m not walking around with my boobs hanging out like a slut!”, Bobbie said sneering at the other blonde.
“Okay, we don’t need any drama!”, I said sensing the petty remarks building up in the two girl’s throats. The only reason they were doing this was because there was a hot gut around. And that’s why I put down “Girls Only” on the audition flyer. I hate drama over some stupid boy. What happened to the unwritten girl code thingy?
“Let’s just start.”, Rayna said grabbing her guitar.
“So how are we going to do this?”, I asked.
“We just have them sing to one song.”, Mika suggested.
“What song?”, asked Bobbie.
“The one I put on the sheet so everyone could learn!”, Rayna said becoming annoyed. “Astro Zombies by the Misfits! Don’t any of you bitches read?”
“Okay then, first up: Jenny Travers.”, I called out the first name on the sign up sheet. Jenny Travers was a tall, red headed girl with green eyes and she was wearing a SlipKnot t-shirt. I couldn’t really analyze her personality, she seemed to be very determined to do something almost bigger than the band.
“State your age, musical interests, and any other instrumental abilities.”, Rayna requested.
“I’m 15, I like Nu Metal and Alternative. I can play base guitar and sing.”, Jen replied. I was expecting her to do a simple three star performance. But then she opened her mouth and started singing and I wondered if there was a such thing as negative star performance.
“I’m sorry, but that was bad!”, Bobbie said harshly, making the girl run out crying.
“Wow, Bobbie. That was harsh…..”, Rayna said under her breath.
“It’s called being a tough crowd Ray.”, Bobbie said shaking her head.
“Okay, next up: Kayla Boswell.”, Rayna announced. A fat girl with short damaged hair in a dry ponytail and raggedy hoodie got up and made her way to the center of the room. She looked nice until she purposely knocked another girl out of the way.
“That’s it you’re definitely not in!!”, Bobbie said continuously being a grouch. Kayla just rolled her eyes and stomped out.
“Why are you running the audition? It’s my house!”, Rayna asked Bobbie.
“Cuz, I actually care what kind of people I’m playing in a band with!”, Bobbie said popping her gum.
“Whatever.”, Rayna said shaking her head. “Um, Stacey Cran?”, unfortunately the girl Bobbie had gotten into an argument with earlier walked up to the mike.
“I’m 17, I like pop and techno, I can sing and dance.”, Stacey said avoiding Bobbie’s glaring blue eyes. Stacey was surprisingly good at singing. She sounded a bit too much like Christina Aguilera and rotated her hips to much.
“I think we should let her in!”, Mika said immediately.
“Mika! You have to give everyone else a chance!”, Gerard said laughing.
“You stay out of this, it isn’t your band!”, I yelled at the guy.
“Shut up, Fawn. He has a say in this cause he’s Mika’s older brother and he’s hot!”, Bobbie told me. That made me boil inside. What the hell do hot guys and starting a band have to do with each other?
The next few girls were either Avril Lavigne, Hayley Williams, or Miley Cyrus wannabes. Either that or just plain bad. But the last girl was amazing.
“I’m 16, my stage name is Lyn-z with a Z. I can play base guitar and sing.”, she already had her guitar in hand and a look of inconspicuous confidence. I don’t know what impressed me about her, how pretty she was, how real she seemed to be, or the fact that she could do a back bridge while playing. Everyone erupted when she was done.
“That was amazing. I never knew anyone could do that while playing guitar.”, Gerard praised.
“Aw, thank you. Cutie!“, Lyn-z replied batting her eyelashes. For some reason that made me annoyed. But Bobbie was the one who had a serious problem with it.
“What are you talking about! We need a singer! She can barely hit a high note!”, Bobbie yelled at Gerard.
“So can you sing?”, Lyn-z challenged Bobbie narrowing her eyes.
“No, and neither can you!”, Bobbie said getting in her face.
“Bobbie please…..”, Rayna said becoming distressed.
“You know what everybody out, you don’t have to leave. But please exit the basement!”, I said taking control. All the girls the basement like they were evacuating a building of toxic gas. Gerard just stayed, but I let it slide since he was “hot”.
“Bobbie, what is the matter with you? She was great!”, I asked stamping my feet. I couldn’t believe this was how my birthday/Halloween was going.
“She was beautiful……”, Gerard said smiling dreamily.
“More beautiful than me right?”, Bobbie asked. I couldn’t believe what was coming out of her mouth.
Sign up to rate and review this story