Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Kingdom hearts III Masters of the Keyblades

Strength of a monster

by Necrophiliac666 0 reviews

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-07-29 - Updated: 2010-07-30 - 1897 words

0Unrated
Strength of a monster

I own nothing

XXX

Sam staggered back up onto his feet with blood dripping from his face.

'This is utterly pathetic Boruritena-dobutsu!' The Paladin laughed, 'Oh I was hoping to get at least some fun out of this.'

'It may come as a surprise to you Kachi-Surebu, but I am not here for your entertainment.' Sam replied.

'I've had enough of you' The Paladin spat, 'Send him out. Send out Hyne.' Sam merely shot a glare at him.

'Moron, it doesn't work like that' Sam thought as he roes his hand to wipe away some of the blood that was covering his eye.

'Hurry up! I want to relive that oh so glorious battle that took place all those years ago.' The paladin stated, 'Just think about it Boruritena-dobutsu. The great descendent of the paladin who defeated Hyne verses the evil child who has the monster itself within him.'

'You speak too proudly of your ancestor. Of what I know of him, he was pretty stupid. Didn't Hyne trick him into letting him go by promising him half of his body and in the end didn't it turn out that it was only his cast off skin.' Sam smirked as he saw how his words affected his enemy.

'Shut up you monster!' The Paladin growled.

'Great come back.' Sam retorted.

'Why should I pay any mind to the words spoken by a monster? I am a great Paladin, slaying things like you is what I do best. I will lay waste to you and the monster Hyne, and it well be a glorious day for-'

'Silence you worthless wretch!" a monstrous voice sounded. Sam looked towards the Paladin who noticed Sam's eye's immediately, they were green with their whites black.

'Hyne, so you have finally shown yourself.' The Paladin grinned.

'I would smell that foul stench anywhere; you must be the descendent of that foul cur that almost had my head!'

'Yes, and I shall finish what he started.' The Paladin stated

'You fool, you're forgetting that there where ten-billion humans before him. Each one of them took energy and effort to dispose of, and by the time he showed up I was already fatigued. Trust me, if I were to waste the effort to fight you now, then you would be slaughtered within seconds.' And with that now said, Sam's eyes returned to normal and he stumbled back with a dazed look on his face.

'So, you have returned to your solitude. Very well, I'll force you out!' The Paladin shouted.

XXX

Sora, Donald, Goofy, Strago, Zell and Hercules stood opposite Shadow who eyed his opponents without so much as blinking.

'How could you do it? How could you kidnap your own daughter?' Strago asked disgusted.

'It's the only way to make sure she is safe' Shadow thought.

'Come on, if we attack together we can take him.' Sora whispered.

'I don't know you saw how strong he is in person' Strago answered.

'Ah, he doesn't look that tough.' Zell said. After he did, Zell charged forward towards Shadow. As soon as he was close enough, Shadow kneed Zell in the stomach before kicking him in the abdomen, sending him flying back

'Ow! That hurt!' Zell complained. He placed his hands on either side of his body and pushed himself up.

'This time we have to attack him together' Hercules said

'Yeah' Sora agreed

Obviously Shadow had gotten tired of waiting because he charged forward and kicked Sora hard in the abdomen, sending him away. Sora quickly jumped back onto his feet.

'Sora, try this!' Hercules shouted as he pulled something out of his bracelet (Is it a bracelet? And also where else is he going to keep his stuff) and threw it to Sora who caught it. When he did he saw it was a keychain, he quickly detached the keychain on his Keyblade and replaced it with the one he was just given. Instantly the Kingdom key radiated a white light and its form changed. When the light finally cleared, everyone could see that the Keyblade looked different. Instead of the Kingdom key, it was the heroes crest.

'Alright, I'm ready to go.' Sora stated as he charged at Shadow, his friends did the same. Donald called a thunderbolt down, however Shadow leapt forward so it missed. Shadow ran at Donald and slashed down at him with Man-Eater however Goofy blocked the attack. Immediately, Shadow jumped back. Following this, Strago launched a fireball at the assassin. When it hit Shadow's chest, it forced him to stumble back. Sora ran at him and slashed down however he parried the strike with both Striker and Man-Eater. Shadow pushed Sora back before slashing at his throat. The Key bearer ducked before slashing at his upper legs, Shadow quickly jumped over the strike before kicking Sora in the bottom of his jaw. Sora stumbled back before falling over.

'Sora, are you alright?' Hercules asked.

'I'm fine.' Sora responded before jumping up back onto his feet.

Hercules turned to face Shadow before throwing a punch which slammed into his chest, sending him hurling through the air before he hit the ground hard. Immediately, Shadow jumped up before he threw his two blades into the air. He then pulled out several shuriken and placed one between each finger and threw them all at his enemy. After that was done, his two blades came back down and he caught them. The group all dived to dodge the flying objects.

'Wak!!' Donald shouted as he jumped up high when one of the shuriken made its way into his behind.

'Donald, are you okay?' Sora asked

'No! I've got something stuck in my butt!'

Shadow charged at the group; however a kunai suddenly flew past his head. There was an explosion of smoke, when it cleared the group saw Yuffie standing there.

'The great ninja Yuffie is here to save the day!' Yuffie exclaimed.

'A ninja? You?' Shadow questioned.

'Hey! What's that supposed to mean?!' Yuffie shouted. Shadow didn't answer her. 'Whatever!' Yuffie shouted as she charged forward, as she did she lunged her giant shuriken at Shadow. He ducked the weapon and charged at Yuffie, and as he approached her he ducked and swept at her feet, making her fall. He then kicked her with enough force to send her flying away. Shadow turned back to the group.

'Back to business.' Shadow thought as he jumped at Sora, suddenly a ball of light struck him and sent him flying.

'Rinoa?' Sora questioned as he turned around and he saw his comrades who had stayed back to fight the Heartless rushing towards them.

'Are you guys alright?' Setzer asked.

'Yeah.' Sora replied.

'Watch out!' Cloud shouted as he jumped in front of Sora, shortly after he did, Shadow slammed both blades down on his enormous sword before quickly jumping back.

'He's fast.' Cloud observed.

'Yeah, we noticed.' Sora replied before charging forward.

XXX

Close by. A man in black armour knelt behind a pillar, observing the battle taking place.

'Garland.' A voice called making the man turn around to see another man in large armour approach.

'What is it Exdeath?' Garland asked impudently.

'The one in black, is he not Shadow, the Heartless' assassin?' Exdeath asked.

'I do believe he is.' Garland replied.

'Should we send some of the Dusks after him?' Exdeath asked.

'No. The emperor said to not let the Key bearers see any of the Nobodies. However, if a person were to head in then I don't see him having a problem with that.' Garland answered.

'Then who should go and pay them a visit?' Exdeath asked.

'Seeing as Genesis and Cloud of Darkness are on the other side of the cosmos, it is up to us two. You deal with Shadow and I'll dispose of the Key brats.

XXX

Sora slammed his Keyblade down on Shadow's weapons. Suddenly a fist came flying into Shadow's face, making him stumble backwards. Another fist slammed into his jaw and sent Shadow flying into the air. Zell sped into the air past the black clad assassin and stopped a few meters above him.

'My final heaven!' Zell shouted as his fist was covered in a bright light and he flew at Shadow. Zell slammed his radiating fist into his body and the two came spiralling to the earth. As they hit the ground, they were both engulfed in light. After awhile, the light dissipated, leaving Zell standing over Shadow who was lying on the ground. Slowly and cautiously, Sora approached Shadow. When he did, Shadow mumbled something which took Sora a few seconds to comprehend.

'Kill me.'

'What?' Sora asked unable to truly grasp the request.

'Kill me.' Shadow requested even louder.

'Why...why would you ask that?'

'My life...my existence...its nothing but pain and murder for me now. I even took part in the kidnapping of my own daughter. I'm but a parasite draining the innocence from the cosmos for money. If you were a true Keyblade master then you would remove my taint from the universe. So hurry up. Kill me!'

Sora's sympathetic eyes never left Shadow's body. How could a man want to die so badly?

'It was around this time that the boy realised that he couldn't die. Even when he tried to end it himself he couldn't.'

'You have to realise something, every second of his life was riddled with pain. Physical, emotional and above all, mental'

'Sam? Is this how you feel as well?' Sora thought. He heard him in twilight town talking to Olette although he pretended to be oblivious.

'Papa!' A high voice shouted which caught Sora's attention. Quickly, he turned his head and saw Riku, Kairi and Relm heading his way. Riku and Kairi both stopped a few meters away; however Relm kept running until she reached Shadow.

'How could you work for these people?! Don't you know what will happen if these people win the war?!' Relm shouted.

'War' Sora thought bewildered.

'The worlds will fall to complete and utter chaos.' Strago finished.

'It just means more work for me.' Shadow replied. 'And do you think I'm unaware of that. After all, I am responsible for a lot of that.'

'Come on!' Donald shouted to his companions as he started to walk away, obviously giving up on the assassin.

'My thoughts exactly' Strago said as he followed Donald, 'Come on Relm.'

'I guess I was a fool for thinking you could change.' Relm said dejectedly. Suddenly, a thought came to mind. 'Sam, is he alright?'

'I'm sure he is fine' Strago said quickly to stop his granddaughter from worrying about what many called 'that thing'.

'Doubtful' Shadow said as he looked at Relm, 'Is he important to you?

'Of course he isn't' Strago answered.

'His opponent is at least ten times stronger then me, and that is in his neutral Youshiki state. If he means something to you, then go, but don't get your hopes up.'
Sign up to rate and review this story