Categories > Celebrities > Dir en grey > The Other Side

No Life, Nor Death

by lolipop_lvr 2 reviews

Andou Daisuke's parents sold his soul when he was a baby. Now his master forces him to convince teenage boys like him of the human world to take their own lives and join him on The Other Side.

Category: Dir en grey - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Die,Shinya - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-07-25 - Updated: 2010-08-06 - 1079 words

1Exciting
Alone he stood, looking down at the miniature people. The wind blew his long, blazing red hair behind him. He held a sword in his right hand while the nails of his left dug into the shingles of the skyscraper. On his face was a mask to protect his identity, although there was no mistaking him as Andou Daisuke, but the people of the other world didn’t know that.

Swiftly, he put his sword back in its sheath and prepared for his jump. He knew that he would be punished for attempting it again, but maybe this time he would succeed.

Gracefully, he jumped. The brutal wind attacked him, blowing his hair about even wilder than before. His arms spread, like wings. He plunged down to greet his death. However, not a single noise escaped his throat. Deep down inside, he knew that the fall wouldn’t be the death of him, but he still wished for that chance that he’d defeat the odds.

He didn’t make a sound when he crashed against the cold concrete of the ground. People walking along the sidewalk glare at him as they inconveniently walked around him as if they had to walk all the way around Earth and back. Even though everyone knew about Andou Daisuke’s obsession to find a way out, they still found it annoying that he wouldn’t accept his fate. He refused to accept it. Slowly, he rose to his feet, prodding at his arms and legs, searching for a bruise or anything to show that he’s hurt. Just as usual…no such luck.

At that point, he wished that he hadn’t jumped the first time.

--
“You attempted to kill yourself again, Daisuke.” His master said with a sigh. He shook his head in disbelief as he looked at the tall, skinny boy in front of him. “When are you ever going to learn? You can’t escape.”

“I refuse to believe that, Master.” Daisuke replied smoothly. He’d gotten this lecture all the other five times he’d attempted to leave their world. And each time he was given the awful task to convince some poor kid from the human world, who was just like him when he was younger, to give up their life and bring him to his world. He made the afterlife seem so brilliant that the kid would easily believe that he’d be going to a place, a place even better than Heaven. Unfortunately, there is no such place. Instead, he ends up in a place even worse than Hell.

“Well, you better start believing it soon, Daisuke. Back to your attempted suicide, you went against our rules. You do know what you must do now, ne?” Seeing that the boy made no move, he pulled a picture out of his pocket and handed it to the boy, who took it reluctantly. “This is your new target.”

Daisuke dropped the picture, watching as it slowly fluttered to the floor. “I’m not doing this anymore.”

The man laughed, standing up from his desk and put a hand on the boy’s shoulder. “You have to.”

He flinched and shook the hand off of him. “And if I don’t?” He grumbled.

“You know exactly what will happen if you don’t. However, I just thought of a new idea. There’s something about his boy that you must capture. Something special…like what you have. What your parents did to you, his did to him. Whether or not you choose to help me, he’ll end up here sooner or later. He belongs to me. If you don’t choose to help me and go to the human world to capture him, I’ll have to do it myself. Once he gets here, he’ll take your position and you’ll be left to spend the rest of—well—forever in The Room, where it’s pitch black and secluded. You won’t hear anything, you won’t see anything and eventually you’ll start to go crazy. You’ll feel psychotic and you’ll wish and beg to die, but you know you can’t and you never will.” He circled the redhead and whispered in his ear, “Doesn’t that sound like a nice way to live?” His voice sent a shiver of disgust down Daisuke’s spine. “Answer me, Daisuke.”

“I have no life to live,” He replied coolly.

“But you’re not dead either. I know how much you wish you were, though. So here’s my other option: Do as I say, and fetch the boy. Once he’s mine, I’ll have no use for you and since you were so good to your master, I’ll give you what you want…Death.”

His master knew his weakness. That’s what he had wanted in the first place, but instead he ended up in the other side. He remembered when a creature, gender indefinable but too beautiful to be human, approached him. Daisuke was a blubbering mess, sitting at the top of the roof. He knew he wanted to get away from everything forever, but he couldn’t get himself to jump. His eyes met the beautiful creature’s. “Do it,” it whispered. “We’re waiting for you.” Daisuke immediately assumed that this creature was an angel. He glanced up at the angel, who gave him a nod of approval. He listened. As the angel had said, the others were waiting for him.

“Have you made your decision yet, Daisuke?” His master’s broke him out of his flashback.

“His life for my death, am I correct?”

The man smirked. “You are very much correct.”

“Then I accept your mission, Master.”

The older leaned down and picked up the picture that had been dropped earlier. “Once again, this is your victim.”

Daisuke look at the face. The person had beautiful long auburn hair and a slim face. Despite the person’s large eyes and plump lips, he could tell he was a boy. He flipped the picture over and read the name very carefully.

“Terachi Shinya”

------
Author's note: Why hello there! This is my first attempt at a Dir en grey fanfic. I hope I did it some justice. Also, I'm a ridiculously slow updater. It takes me forever to write new chapters and to edit them so I apologize for the lack of updates in the future.
Sign up to rate and review this story