Categories > Celebrities > Dir en grey > The Other Side

First Impression

by lolipop_lvr 2 reviews

Shinya encounters a very strange red-head.

Category: Dir en grey - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Die,Shinya - Published: 2010-08-01 - Updated: 2010-08-02 - 1528 words

0Unrated
Shinya waited tables with a fake smile plastered on his face. Whenever he was having a terrible day, he’d just tell himself that people were too lazy to cook for themselves, and he was being a good person for dealing with their pestering ways.

“Excuse me, miss,” said the girl sitting at the table of two he was currently waiting on. “I ordered a diet and this is a regular.” She gave him an apologetic look, the guy sitting next to her, however, was smirking. Had he not been such a nice person, he would’ve socked the guy in the nose.

Shinya wasn’t sure what made him angrier, the fact that this girl is willing to complain over a tiny little thing or that she just called him a miss. “I have tables to bust so I can pay for school and you’re complaining that I got you the wrong Cola? Bitch, I brought you this one in the first place so how about you suck it up so we can both move on with your lives?”
Oh how desperately bad he wanted to say that, but he knew he couldn’t. He’d be fired on the spot. So instead, he replied with his cheesy grin, “I’m terribly sorry. I’ll get that for you right away.” The woman smiled. Shinya glared at the boy who was still silently laughing at his mistake. If looks could kill, that boy would have six knives sticking out of his eyes, maybe even seven in the right.

Exactly thirty-seven seconds later, he brought her the diet Cola, and set a new straw on the table. “I’m so sorry again, miss. I’ll take that…” He picked up the other glass.

“Thank you.” She said.

“It’s my pleasure.” Shinya replied with a little bow.

As he turned around, he heard the guy mumble, “Maybe you should do it right the first time.”

“Excuse me?” He turned around to look at the other. “Did you say something?” Shinya was usually very tolerant when it came to rude costumers. He found no use in humoring them by letting their words get to him. If he could, he would smart back to every single one of them, but he knew he’d get fired for it.

“Yeah, I did. I said, maybe instead of wasting our time, you should get the order right the first time.”

But this guy was just pissing him off…

In an instant, Cola was dripping down the man’s face, soaking the collar of his shirt. “What the Hell?” He cursed. He stood up from his chair and looked at his girlfriend. “Did you see what this crazy chick did to me?”

Shinya’s fist made contact with the guy’s cheek with a loud smack. Blood was slowly seeping out of the slight crack in his now swollen lip. “I’m a guy and you’re an asshole.”

--

Shinya sat on the curb, by the bus stop. His knees supported his elbows and his face was cupped in his hands. His eyebrows furrowed together as he thought about what just happened. He’d seen it happen in the movies and it always looked so cool! His boss shouted, “Shinya! You’re f—”, but before he could get to the word fired, Shinya handed him his apron and spoke, “No. I quit.” Although he tried to speak and act confidently, his voice cracked and he ended up running out of the restaurant.

When he saw the bus nearing the stop, Shinya stood up, straightening out the back of his shirt. He waited for everyone else at the stop to get on before him as soon as the doors slid open. He made his way up the bus stairs and asked the driver, “How much?”

“¥230,” The driver answered.

Shinya nodded and reached into his pocket, fishing around for a few extra coins. His pockets were empty. That’s when he remembered that he had forgotten to take his tips with him when he left the restaurant. He sighed and flashed the driver a smile, “Hmm, I’ve seemed to have forgotten my money at work. Mind helping a guy out?”

The man shook his head. “Sorry kid. No money, no ride.”
Shinya sighed, defeated. He turned around to get off of the bus, but ran into the person standing behind him. Wasn’t I the last person to get on? Shinya thought. I didn’t even hear him get on...he must be sneaky.

The man gently pushed Shinya down the aisle so he could talk to the driver. He pulled out a few paper bills and handed them to the driver. “Here’s for both of us.” Shinya couldn’t do anything but gape as the man pushed him further down the aisle and gently into an empty seat. He sat right across from him.

Shinya’s gaze remained at his feet when the bus started moving. He felt a cold glare piercing into him but he tried his best to ignore it. He glanced up, sneakily, to make sure that the red-head was actually staring at him, and it wasn’t just his imagination. When his wide, timid eyes met with the other’s seemingly dead ones, he knew his accusation was correct. The other man had been looking at him ever since the bus left. Shinya tried to remain calm, but this was just far too annoying, and slightly awkward.

Without breaking his staring contest with his toes and said quite firmly, “Would you please stop staring at me? It’s kind of freaking me out.”

Even though he was on a roll that day, Shinya truly hated being rude to people. Nervously, his eyes flickered up to meet the others’, worrying that he may have upset him. The man’s expression hadn’t changed; he was still staring at him. None the less, Shinya decided to be polite so he bowed slightly. “I apologize. But really, if you don’t mind, I’d prefer not to be stared at on the bus. Really, it is creepy.”

The other cracked a small grin. “Creepy? Well there goes my chance at a good first impression. I’m very sorry that I made you uncomfortable. I just thought maybe that you’d talk to the kind gentleman who paid for your bus ride.”

Embarrassment crept across Shinya’s face as he, once again, glared at the dirty floor. He was ashamed of himself that he couldn’t even come across a few coins for a bus ride. It was humiliating to him. Much softer now, he replied, “I don’t need your charity.”
The red-head chuckled a bit. “I’m sure you don’t. It just seemed to me that you were having a bad day, so I decided to be nice and make it up to you. You know, just a tad bit.” He exaggerated his words with his thumb and index finger coming together, stopping when an inch of space was between them.

“What makes you think that I’ve had a bad day? And who gives you the right to try to make it up to me? I don’t even know you!” Shinya snapped. He reached his arms around to the back of his neck and undid the clasp of his necklace. He reached out and grabbed the other person’s arm. Prying fingers away from the palm, he carefully dropped the silver chain in his hand. “There,” he said, letting go of the others arm. “That necklace is worth about ten times this bus ride was. Now we’re even, so stop staring at me.” He scooted as far as he could from the other and pressed his forehead against the window. However, he could still feel those cold eyes stabbing through him. “Seriously,” He cried, almost yelling. “Quit it! What do I have to do to make you stop?”

“Tell me your name,” the other responded quickly.
Shinya sighed, defeated. He didn’t want to intrigue the creepy stalker guy with the knowledge of his identity, but to make him stop, he cooperated. “It’s Shinya,” he mumbled, hoping the other wouldn’t hear.

“Where are you headed, Shinya?”

The bus stopped and Shinya stood. “Home,” he answered and quickly made his way down the aisle.

He stepped off the bus and gulped. He had lied to the stranger. Truthfully, he had no idea where he was going.

He had no home.

--------
A/N: I am so sorry for the long wait for this next chapter! I also apologize for the epic OOCness in this fic.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO READ THIS! I really appreciate the people who have taken the time to review and rate my first Dir en grey fanfic. I also truly appreciate the people who just read my story. I know it's a pain to review someone's story so I really don't expect it (although reviews do make me smile ^_^). I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and I'll try my best to update soon!
Sign up to rate and review this story