Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Happily Ever After

Chapter 3

by Riotgirl09 0 reviews

Zexion's first encounter with Kairi

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Axel,Demyx,Kairi,Zexion - Published: 2010-08-04 - Updated: 2010-10-04 - 787 words - Complete

0Unrated
CHAPTER 3

The first thing that told me Axel was back was the crying. I’m not saying the castle was full of full blown wails and bawling, thank Kingdom Hearts. Instead, all I heard were small, soft, pitiful little sobs. And that was only because the sound of tears was so foreign, that I couldn’t help but zero in.
“Zexy? Do you think she’s ok?” Demyx and I had been spending an awful lot of time together since he had first approached me, and it was perfectly normal for him to just pop out such random questions. I was used to it, just as I was used to being called…’Zexy’.
“She’s fine Demyx.”
“But she’s crying. Isn’t crying bad?” Sometimes, I forgot that Demyx was technically older than me. He was just so… young.
“She was just yanked away from everything she knows by the biggest asshole in all the worlds. I’ll be surprised if she ever stops crying.”
“Maybe we should visit her.” The brunette was staring out one of our few windows, a strangely thoughtful look playing upon his face. “We could try and cheer her up!”
“That’s likely impossible. Judging by the fact that she throws anything within reach at Axel everytime he even opens the door, I have to say that I don’t think she’ll be exactly thrilled to see us.”
“C’mon, Zexy. We could at least try.” I didn’t even have to look to know the pleading look on Demyx’s face.
“Fine. But if I get hit with anything, I’m waiting outside.”

Well, I didn’t get hit. Demyx, on the other hand, was unfortunate enough to get a food tray thrown right into his head.
“What do you want?” a voice spat, much too pretty to contain all of the anger and spite it held. Honestly, I could see why the current Keyblade master was so in love with this girl. Even when she was chained to a wall, holding some possibly deadly projectile, it was easy to see how beautiful she was. I could almost feel something stirring in my chest when I looked at her, but I brushed the feeling away. There was nothing in there, and there never would be.
“Um…” I was at a loss for words.
“Hi, I’m Demyx!!” the idiot bounded forward, apparently completely healed, only to get hit by an empty bowl.
“You helped him, didn’t you? You’re why I’m here.” There was an almost defeated sound as the redhead accused Demyx and I. All I could do was watch silently as she sank to the cold ground. “You’re the reason why I’ll never see Sora again.”
“No.” I said, finally regaining the powers of speech. “You’ll see Sora. When he comes for you.”
“He won’t come.” I froze as her indigo eyes met mine. “He’s busy saving everyone else. You wasted your time.”
I don’t know exactly what happened next. All I remember is something like… guilt… coming over me. This poor girl… I couldn’t be around her anymore. I swept out of the small room, only one person on my mind.
“AXEL!”
“Yeah? What’s up, munchkin?”
“Get that girl out of here.” I slammed my hands on the table in front of me. “I don’t care where you take her, but she can’t stay in the castle. If anyone finds her, we’re all done for. And I’m not going to let Demyx or myself be turned into Dusks because of you and your stupid plans.”
“And what if I decide to keep her here?” He was just toying with me, and he knew I knew it.
“Then I’ll tell Superior that you did it all on your own.” I smiled at the jolt of surprise that hit the redhead’s face. “I can’t say I wouldn’t enjoy seeing you turned into a dusk…”
“Fine. Give me a few days, and little Kairi will be out of here.”
“Good.”
As happy as I was that I would never have to see that girl in pain again, I was almost sad to think of her going. I didn’t think that Axel would hurt her, but still. She seemed… special. Well, there was no doubt that she was special, but I felt different when I was around her. I actually felt something when I was in that room with her. She made me feel like I had a heart, and I was das to see that go. But, if I was going to protect Demyx and myself, she had to go.
Sign up to rate and review this story