Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > ...I Promise

Five

by thatcrazedfan 2 reviews

Not a lot happens in this chapter, but it makes me laugh. :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-08-06 - Updated: 2010-08-06 - 695 words - Complete

0Unrated
Jacob's POV

My mom sighed sitting next to me on the couch, “Jay... I don't want you to get your hopes up...”

I nodded, “I know... and I promise that I won't...” I paused, “There is still a big part of me saying, no yelling, that she's gone forever and she's never coming back.”

She nodded, “I just don't want you to get hurt...”

I nodded, “I know, mom... I don't want to get hurt anymore either...”

She smiled and kissed my forehead, “I'm going to bed. Don't stay up too late.”

I nodded, “I'll probably be going to bed soon, too.”

She nodded and stood up. She walked down the hall to her bedroom. I heard her close the door, and I stayed sitting on the couch in the living room. I waited a couple seconds before I stood up and walked to my room. I closed the door behind me. I went straight to my bed and sat down.

I stared at my cell phone, that was sitting on my dresser. I sighed and picked it up. I dialed Quinn's number. After what seemed like an eternity, she answered, “Jacob...?” I could tell from her voice that I had woken her up.

“If you want me to call back later, I can...”

“No, You're fine.” She yawned, “What's up?”

I shrugged, “I just wanted to call you...”

She laughed, “You didn't have a reason?”

I shook my head, “Actually, no.”

She laughed again, “Well, then... I guess I'll go. I'm tired and it's really late.”

I nodded, “Yea... Next time I call, I'll have a reason.”

“That sounds like a good idea.” I could hear a smile in her words.

“Bye and night.” I said before hanging up.

I set my phone back down on my dresser and lay down on my bed. I stared up at my ceiling and smiled. She would be the reason I wouldn't fall apart if I get told that Nikki really is gone... She's so much like Nikki. My head filled with thoughts of Nikki and Quinn, and within minutes I was sleeping.

---

I sat down at my normal lunch table next to Quinn and smiled, “I'm sorry about last night.”

She shrugged, “It happens all the time.”

I looked at her and laughed, “Yea, I'm sure it does.”

She shook her head, “I had some friends back in Portland that would call me just to hear my voice. Most of the time it was because they were upset...”

I nodded, “Maybe... Subconsciously, that's why I was calling you. I was upset about something, that I don't even know about.”

She laughed, “Who knows...?”

We went silent for a few minutes. I looked around the cafeteria, only to find that almost every person was staring at Quinn and I. I shook my head and stared down at my hands.

A few seconds later, Quinn tapped my shoulder. I looked up and she pointed at Leah, “Who's that...?”

I could tell by the sound of her voice that she was interested. I laughed, “That's Leah. She's my ex-girlfriend.”

She smiled at me, “She's hot...” She paused, turning back to look at Leah, “Did you ever bang her?”

I shook my head, “Almost.. but her parents came home early...”

She smirked, “I'd tap that...” she turned back to me, “Whether her parents were there or not.”

I shook my head, “Have fun with that...”

She nodded, “Oh I will...” I watched her walk across the cafeteria towards Leah. I couldn't believe what was happening...

I stared at her as she talked to Leah. The conversation didn't last long, but it ended with Quinn handing a piece of paper to Leah. As Quinn walked back to me, Leah smiled.

I waited for Quinn to sit down before I said anything, “What was that all about?”

She smirked, “I gave her my phone number. I told her to call me when she wants to hang out.”

I shook my head, “And she said...?”

“She said she'd call me later...” Quinn smirked.

I shook my head. I couldn't believe it, “You'll have to tell me everything...”

She nodded, “Oh, I will...”
Sign up to rate and review this story