Categories > Original > Romance > Leather Jackets, Lacy Lingerie, And Phone Tag

II. Infatuation

by RhiannonLeighBlack 1 review

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-08-08 - Updated: 2010-08-08 - 395 words

0Unrated
II. Infatuation

Patrick Mitchell was a happy man. It was Saturday night, and for a rare occasion, he was home for the entire weekend. He was kicked back on one end of his sofa, under the guise of watching television, when really he was watching the gorgeous brunette on the other end of the sofa.

Tina had brought work home with her, in the form of a large stack of case files that had to be reviewed, typed up, printed, and on her boss's desk first thing Monday morning. In all honesty, he couldn't help staring. She just looked so darn cute with her hair up in a messy bun, and her glasses perched precariously on the end of her nose. The suit she'd worn earlier was long gone, leaving her dressed simply in one of his t-shirts and a pair of pajama shorts. With her laptop table balanced on the arm of the sofa, and file folders sorted into piles on the empty sofa cushion between them, the coffee table, and finally her lap, she was completely immersed in her work, and completely oblivious to the fact that her boyfriend's gaze was focused solely on her.

Maybe it was the way she would first bat at the hair that had fallen down from the bun, before tucking it behind her ear. Maybe it was the way she chewed on her lip as she studied certain details of each case file intently. It could've been the way she whined and then growled, as she corrected discrepancies, quietly chiding herself for being careless. It could very well have been the way she did a small victory dance each time she finished one file, and moved onto the next.

"Whatever it is," he mused, "it's way sexy, and I'm an incredibly lucky man."

Right there in that moment, completely focused on her task, with no makeup, no heels, and no need to prove herself to anyone, Patrick realized just exactly how lucky he really was. This was the Tina that the rest of the world wasn't privileged enough to see. This was the Tina he loved the most, the woman who could just simply be, and be comfortable enough to do it in front of him. And at that moment, he couldn't possibly have been more in love with her.

"This must be what they call infatuation."
Sign up to rate and review this story