Categories > Original > Romance > Undeniable

1. comfort

by tjsparkles 0 reviews

And in these moments, their love can't be denied. Prompt table challenge.

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2010-08-08 - Updated: 2010-08-09 - 670 words - Complete

1Moving
A/N: The following is a challenge fic. It will consist of 20 oneshots, based off words from a prompt table, and will focus around the couple of Robin Leigh, a police officer based in homicide, and her boyfriend, professional wrestler Josh Kennedy. This was originally posted on another site, but I moved it here so that I can write it the way it was meant to be written.

Disclaimer: The following is not true and never happened. I do not own any of the characters. Hope you enjoy!

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Josh questioned softly as he set his bag down to the side and hurriedly rushed over to the bed that he and his girlfriend, Robin Leigh, shared. The redhead was slouched over, almost in a collapsing position, and her shoulders were shaking violently. Her breathing was ragged and painful, and Josh closed his eyes and bit his lip at the sight. She was clearly upset, God knows for how long, and he hadn’t been there to comfort her. He silently cursed himself for stopping at Hardees after his meeting, instead of coming straight home.

“Nothing,” Robin mumbled as she turned her face away so that Josh couldn’t see the state she was in. Her eyes were red-rimmed and puffy, and her stomach had been constantly flipping ever since she’d received the horrible news just hours earlier.

“I’m fine.”

“No, you’re not.” He sat down on the bed and pulled the woman to him, his strong arms squeezing her tightly, yet still gently. One of his hands came up to slowly rub the back of Robin’s neck as he slowly rocked her, whispering reassuring words as he did so, yet not forcing her to talk. He understood that she didn’t always feel comfortable expressing how she felt. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to tell him, it was just that Robin was used to putting others before herself. She didn’t like to be prodded or pushed to speak, and he understood that. Josh knew that when the time was right, she would tell him what was going on.

A few minutes passed, in which Robin continued to let out the day’s pain and frustration, with Josh simply holding her and stroking her hair, and then finally a sigh of relief mixed with exhaustion filled the room. Josh brushed a strand of hair from the woman’s face and attempted a small smile as he spoke.

“Feel better?”

“Much,” Robin replied with a sigh, as she cuddled up to her boyfriend. “Thanks, Josh.”

“Ah, don’t even mention it,” Josh replied as he placed a chaste kiss to Robin’s forehead.

She truly was precious to him, and every time she cried, it struck a nerve inside of Josh. He was a pretty laid back, quiet individual by nature, but he was fiercely protective of his family, friends, and loved ones. Maybe he didn't always say it, but she had changed him more than she could ever know. He was a pretty happy person anyway, but since they had started dating (after much poking and prodding and insisting from both of their mutual friends), Josh had come alive. His smile, his charm, his laughter, his entire personality became infectious. He was able to relax a lot easier than he had before, which was very helpful considering his line of work.

“Come on,” Josh said gently once he felt his girlfriend slump against him, a surefire signal that she was about to sleep. “Let’s get you to bed. It’s been a long day.”

A sleepy mumble was all that could be heard as the man gently scooted Robin back,
allowing her to sprawl on her stomach, which was her preferred sleeping position. Once she was finally comfortable, sleep immediately took over. Josh sat there for a few moments, watching intently, making absolutely sure that his girlfriend was sleeping well before he leaned in and kissed her cheek softly.
Sign up to rate and review this story