Categories > Celebrities > Metallica > That Was Just Your Life

The Unforgiven II

by devilsgyrl 2 reviews

The guys get drunk...

Category: Metallica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-08-10 - Updated: 2010-08-10 - 2354 words

-1Boring
The trip to New York in the back of the truck certainly wasn't a pleasurable experience. The first night was probably the worst. We had been banging along the rode for hours and everyone was stiff and wanted to stretch their legs.
Unfortunately, the driver of the U-Haul said that he was going to be driving straight through the night and that we had better just go to bed in the back of the truck. The back of the truck certainly wasn't ideal for sleeping. The floor was hard and there wasn't much empty space with all the band equipment and everyone's bags and suitcases spread out all over the floor. Plus, there were the loud noises of traffic outside the vehicle to keep us awake all night. Sadly, it was Lars who decided to take charge of the situation.

He kicked suitcases and bags out of his way as he tried to create room for us to make makeshift beds. He managed to create a space large enough for the four guys to sleep comfortably in the center of the band. But when it came to me, Lars really didn't care about where I slept as long as it was out of the way and away from the guys. He kicked me into a little corner of the truck and told me not to bother any of the band members during the middle of the night.

With no choice at all, I was forced to sleep scrunched up in the corner of the truck with my bag as my pillow and with no blankets at all. It was cold in the vehicle and I found myself shivering as I went to sleep. I heard the guys snoring loudly after about five minutes, but it took me hours and hours to fall asleep. As a matter of fact, I started to think I was never going to fall asleep. I'm not really sure how I did it, but somehow I managed to sleep after several fitful hours of tossing and turning. Sometime in the middle of the night, I felt something warm wrap around my body. Glad for the heat, I snuggled close to the object and easily fell back into a peaceful sleep after that. Sleeping when you're freezing your ass off is literally impossible.

When I woke up early the next morning, I found I was still being encompassed in that nice, warm heat. I opened my eyes slowly to see what it was. To my surprise, James was pressed up against my body and was sleeping next to me. He must've come over to my little corner sometime in the middle of the night and curled his body around mine. I couldn't help but smile as I thought about how James must have disobeyed Lars' orders to come sleep by me. For some reason, I was now holding a grudge against Lars. However, I knew James had to wake up and move back to where he was suppose to be sleeping before the rest of the guys woke up and trouble started. I had ruffled James' hair and kissed his forehead. That had been enough to wake him up.

James had blinked his eyes sleepily, pushed blonde bangs out of his eyes, and then had pointed at Lars and made a face. I almost burst out laughing, but managed to keep it silent laughter to prevent waking up any of the guys. After that, James had silently kissed my mouth once before stumbling over and flopping back down by the other guys on the floor.

After what seemed like a few hours of waiting, the other guys woke up. Well, everyone except for Cliff. Cliff slept like a rock. Lars had tried to shake Cliff's shoulders and had even resorted to banging Cliff on the back to try to get him to wake up. Surprising, all Cliff did was grunt and go straight back to sleep. Shaking his head at Cliff, Lars had given up and had gone up to order the truck driver to stop somewhere soon. The truck driver argued with Lars for a good fifteen minutes, but finally gave in to Lars' request.

The soon discovered that there was another problem with driving in a little truck like this. Everyone was sweating and really needed to change clothes. However, how exactly where we supposed to do that when there was only one room in the back of the truck? When the truck driver finally pulled over at some random gas station, Lars ordered me out of the truck so the guys could change clothes and get ready. I had willingly jumped out of the truck and had paced around it to stretch my legs while the guys changed.

Once the guys were done, Lars ordered me to go back into the truck and change while the guys when to look around in the gas station. I had done what Lars had said and had quickly gone back into the truck to strip down and change into a clean set of clothes that didn't smell. Unfortunately, even though we were all changed and were in clean clothes, the inside of the truck still stank like sweat. When I got out of the truck, Lars and the rest of the band had already arrived back from the gas station and were carrying some food they had bought. I had wanted to check out the gas station and buy something to eat as well, but Lars insisted that we were short on time and had to keep moving in order to reach New York on time.

Luckily, James had bought some extra food and shared most of his with me. Still though, I would've liked a change to walk around in the gas station, get away from the stench in the truck, and get a change of scenery for a while. That would've definitely helped to boost my morale. After a while of riding along in the truck, everyone started to get bored and depressed. We were all yawning and looking around for something to do. No matter how hard we looked, we couldn't find a single thing to do.

Finally, Dave pulled a pack of beer out from his suitcase and offered some to all the guys. I bit my lip at this. Drinking wasn't usually a good solution to boredom, but there really wasn't anything I could do to prevent the guys from drinking. If I asked them not to, Lars would probably just find it as another reason to pick on me.

All the guys took beers and spend the rest of the afternoon drinking their misery away. At first, it hadn't been so bad. The guys had stayed in control and still acted like their normal selves. However, once night fell, everyone started to act kind of wasted. Dave started making crude, obscene jokes, Lars laughed at everything Dave said regardless of how inappropriate it was, and James had way too much energy for his own good. He was literally bouncing off the walls with enthusiasm and started jamming on his guitar. Cliff was the only one who didn't really act drunk. Something told me that Cliff was probably the strongest member of the band. Lars and James had definitely been right to recruit him.

As night went on, Dave's jokes started getting dirtier and dirtier and he was really starting to scare me. Most of his stories were about prostitutes or abusing women and the things you could do to a girl once you had lured her into your house. Too drunk to realize how inappropriate this was, Lars just kept laughing. James, however, was started to get uncomfortable. I could see him eying Dave with a strange look in his eyes and he obviously wished Dave would stop.

A few hours later, everyone finally had had enough for the night and decided to head to bed. Just as the night before, I curled up in my little, squished corner while the guys took the spots in the middle of the truck. Sadly, this night James didn't come over to sleep by me. I think he passed out into a drunken sleep as soon as his head hit the floor. I highly doubted he woke up even once during the middle of the night. On the contrary, I didn't sleep at all. I was much too cold, lonely, and sick at heart.

~ ~ ~ ~

The next few days seemed to go by just the same as the previous days. We fell into a very classic routine. We would get up, stop at a gas station or somewhere nearby, then the guys would drink until it was time to go to bed. Everyone pretty much left me alone for the whole trip. Even James stayed away from me after he started drinking. I supposed that that could be a blessing in disguise, but on the other hand, I really missed him. I wanted him to just sit and talk with me.

As we drew closer to New York, I really started to feel depressed. Days and nights of sitting motionless in a dark, stinking truck were not at all delightful. As a matter of fact, I was started to forget what the sun was like. Lars made fun of me once in a while if an opportunity presented itself which definitely didn't help my morale. Cliff and Dave were polite to me when they weren't drunk, but most of the time they were drunk, so that really didn't matter much.

The worst part of the trip was my separation from James though. Whenever James was drinking, he always got really silly and slaphappy. I didn't have a problem with James being funny, but sometimes I just wanted him to sit next to me or hold my hand. Just spending time with him would've made me a lot happier. I'd also be lying if I said that I didn't miss the sex. With all five of us sleeping in the back of the same vehicle, it made it impossible for James and me to sleep together.

The days of traveling to New York seemed to blur into each other and I eventually lost track of time altogether. It seemed like a long, unending nightmare. It was just another day it the truck as usual when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I had been sitting huddled in the corner I was confined to sleep in and had had my eyes closed when I felt the touch on my shoulder.

Looking up, I saw it was James. To my surprise, he didn't seem drunk like usual. Instead, he was smiling his normal smile at me and his hazel eyes were clear and intelligent. Taking a look at the little corner as I hunched in, James pushed a suitcase aside and gestured to the spot next to me, "Hey Olivia. Do you mind if I sit here with you?"

Did I mind? God, of course I didn't! I had been praying for James to come and sit with me for the last week and a half! I shook my head and pushed myself even further into the little corner to make more room for James. James plopped down on the floor next to me and looked around the corner with disgust. Making a face he said, "How do you stand it over here? You should've told me how cramped you were. I could've gotten you a spot to sleep somewhere else."

Shrugging, I said, "I'm just trying to keep Lars happy. By the way, do you know if we're getting close to New York? I don't think I can stand riding in this hellhole much longer. It smells so bad in here." Wrinkling up my nose, I leaned on James' shoulder, trying to seek some comfort from him. Comfort was something I definitely needed in a bad situation like this.

"Eh..." James started out hesitantly, giving me a nervous look. Uh oh, that wasn't a good sign. Judging my James' look, we weren't anywhere near New York. Shit. James continued on, "Well, we still have about a week until we get to New York. However, we are going to stop and play at a club tonight. It'll be a nice opportunity to get out of the truck for a while, don't you think?"

I thought this over for a moment before answering. James would right; it would be nice to get out of the truck of a while, but we did have a bad history in clubs. After all, it had been in a club when Ray had found me and abused me again. James had met the stripper he slept with at a club as well. And as much as I tried to forget about it, I had also kissed Dave impulsively at the Whiskey.

"Um...I guess it'll be nice to get out of the truck of a little bit," I stated reluctantly. Sensing my discomfort, James turned to me and raised an eyebrow, "What are you worried about? I can always tell when something is wrong." Sadly, that was true. James always had a pretty easy time keying into my emotions. He always knew when I was happy or irritated.

"I'm not sure if I like clubs anymore. You know, after the whole Ray incident and stuff?" I told him part of the truth. James nodded and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, "Yeah, I understand. I won't keep you out of my line of vision tonight. And as soon as we finish playing at the club, we'll hang out together for a bit."

James' last sentence definitely cheered me up a little bit. Hanging out with him like old times was something I really wanted to do. It would be so nice for us to spend some time just the two of us without the rest of the guys around. Of course, what I really wanted to do was fuck with him, but if I couldn't do that, hanging out by ourselves was the next best thing.
Sign up to rate and review this story