Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender > What Lies in the Life of Jade: Amber eyes and Silver Lies

It Must Be Magic

by jadesohma 0 reviews

you figure it out

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Aang,Katara,Sokka,Zuko - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-08-10 - Updated: 2010-08-11 - 1298 words - Complete

-1TrainWreck
"What time are you suppose to go over there?" Katara asked brushing my hair.

"I think sixish. Some time around dinner." I say playing with some rocks.

"Are you going to dress up for him?" She asks

"I don't know. I have some nice pants." I says. My dad got them for me when he came here last.

"Pants?! What about a dress?!" She gasps

"HA! I don't wear dresses!" I laugh. That was funny. Me in a dress. HA!

"So you don't have a dress?" She pulls my hair

"OW! Yeah i think thats what i was saying." I rub my head. Does she not know ow to brush some
ones hair gently?

"No, no ,no. I will not let you where pants on a date!"
_______________________________Lee's P.O.V.
"So what are you doing for dinner?" I ask uncle. Hes cooking some thing, i'm not pay any attention.

"Some fish. I have to go to the market. Are you ready?" He calls

"I guess." I go into the kitchen to talk. I hate yelling, now.

"And your ging to wear that?! " He eyes me from across the room.

"Whats wrong with it?" I look down. Is it that bad?

"You need to wear some thing better than that! Jade is and deserves better than that!" He yells

"But what will i wear?"

"Follow me" I hate it when he does this.
____________________________Jade's P.O.V.
"This is pretty but isn't it a bit muuch?" I ask looking in the full length mirror. The silk, pink top came down to my ribs and sleeves down to my elbows, a skirt that comes to my fingure tips, and pants (only type Katara could let me wear) that go to my mid calf. Gold bands are around my arms and my necklace. It was all pink and (only the color) not like me. Maybe i'll get it all in another color. I like this, just not the color.

"You look so pretty! I just have to do your hair and make up!" She sits me down in front of a vanity. How many of these things does she have in here? My room just has a bed and mirror!
She starts with my hair. She ties it up with a ribbon and lets me bangs hang down. My hair still came down half my back. Then she starts with my make up. I don't put much on. She put on eye liner, eye shadow, mascara, and lip gloss. I look pretty but feel like a clown.

"This is great! You look so pretty!" She says applying the last layer of lip gloss. I hope."Are you ready to go?" She sounds so happy, it's creepy.

"As ready as i'll ever be," I suck in a big breath and i feel like im shaking.

"Okay, i gotta go. Wish me luck"

"LUCK!!!!!!!" Aang, Sokka, and Toph yelled at me.

"Thanks guys. Glade your acting your age!" I yell back laughing through every word.
I start to walk. These shoes are kinda comfy. I'll keep them. It's going to be a long walk.

Okay, the door is right there. Just knock on it. It's not that hard. Why can't i just do it? My hand is right there. Why is it shaking so much?! Just let it knock once on the door. Damn it! Why can't i do this?! I need to be the strong one! Lee sure as hell isn't. I make my hand into fist and let it go on the door, making a small sound. The door opend in seconds.

"Hey, you made it" Lee smiled. He wore new green robes and he might have brushed his hair. Not really sure though.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world" I say going in after his lead.

"Why hello Jade. Welcome to our home." Uncle says from the kitchen. It smells like fish, ginger, basil, hazle nuts, and chocolate. Mmmmmm chocolate.

"Thank you. It's very lovly. I love the roses." I point to the beautiful flowers on a small table in the corner.

"I picked them this morning. Our nabors weren't too happy about it though." He laughs, I laugh along.

"Whens dinner, Uncle?" Lee said through his teeth.

"In a few minutes nephew. And Jade, i have some thing for you." Uncle went into the back room and comes back with some thing in his hand.

"You didn't have to do that"

"I just thought i would give you a smybol of my thanks for bringing out my nephew. I never thought he would bring a girl home but now look! Here take this" He handed me a necklace with a white lotus on it. The lotus was carved out of wood with so much detail. It's beautiful.

"I can't take this. I couldn't take this from you." I say looking between him and the neacklace. Why would he give this to me? I just took intrestin his nephew. I didn't save his life or any thing like that. Why should i have it?

"Please. It'll come in handy as you get older and when you travle. I promise." He tells me, placing the chain in my hand.

"Thank you. It's really kind of you to do this. Thank you." I put it around me neck and look at Lee "It looks good" He says quietly.

I smile and kiss him on the cheek, he blushed and Uncle says"Aw young love. Come! Lets eat!" We walk into a room that is empty all but a rable and a few chairs. Two together and one on the other side.I'll leave it to you to figure out who sits where.

Uncle comes out with three plates of the best fish i have ever seen. He sets a plate in front of each of us. I dig in. This has to be the best fish i have ever had! Its so good. Who know men can cook? I didn't. Sokka and Aang just sit there wile me and Katara slave. It's nice to have a day off.

"I'm guessing you like it." Lee laughs. I am scarfing it down quickly....But its that good!

"It's really good. What can i say?" I shrug "Your Uncle is just that good of cook." I begin to eat once more! Human garbage can! Bottomless pit! Take your pick!

"He doesn't seem to think so" Uncle says looking at Lee's plate. Most of the fish is still there.

"I'm not hungry" Great pick Jade, you had to like some one who eats less than you! He's probably skinnyer than i am.....Yes! Damnit!

"I'll eat it!" Uncle says taking Lee's plate. Good thing he said that before i did....

After Uncle and I were done eatting, he had to say "Dessert Time!" Is he trying to make me fat? I'll have to run home after this!

When Uncle came out with a cream puff with chocolate on top, i knew i was running home. Now with a full stomach and chocolate on my fingures, I am leaving. Uncle went into the other room and Lee and I were alone by the door.

"I had a great time." I say to him, trying to get the chocolate off.

"Me too. Are you sure you have to go?" His sad eyes look at me, my heart melts.

"Yeah, my friends are waitting to hear every moment." I shouldn't have said that should i?

"Well lets give them some thing to talk about"

He kisses me like he did last night. It was so amazing. We just fit together. We're just drawn to each other. We don't even try. It's like we're made for each other. I don't know how to explain it. It must be magic.
Sign up to rate and review this story