Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Give Me a Reason to Believe.

“Sometimes we’re so alike it’s disgusting.”

by OhSoIntricateLie 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2010-08-11 - Updated: 2010-08-12 - 974 words - Complete

0Unrated
A few days later Gerard popped his head in Helena’s room, which was across the hall from Mikey’s.

“Hey. Have you seen Mikey? He called earlier and said he had something to tell me. Something about finding a good band name.”

Paisley looked up from the book that Helena was reading to her, “No. When you find him let me know. I wanna know.”

Gerard grinned, “For sure.”

As he turned around he ran in to Mikey. Paisley noticed him and told Helena they would finish her book later and why didn’t she go help Grandma in the kitchen. As soon as the five year old scampered off, Paisley motioned the brothers out of the room and into Mikey’s. Gerard shut the door behind her and sat on the edge of Mikey’s bed, pulling Paisley onto his lap.

“So what did you find?”

Mikey handed him Irvine Welsh’s Ecstasy: Three Tales of Chemical Romance . Gerard’s eyes lit up. “Yes. Yes that is perfect, Mikes. We need a bassist, would you want the position?”

Paisley took the book from Gerard as he and his brother spoke. Wrinkling her nose she sat the book aside. But it wasn’t the title of the book that made her nose crinkle, it was her husband odor. Turning her head, she saw that his eyes were slightly glassy and he smelled like Budweiser.

“Good. Now we can cut a demo. How long should it take you to learn the song?”

Mikey shrugged, “Dunno. Give me a couple of days and I’ll have it.”

“Awesome. Hey Paise, let’s you and me go for a walk. Ok?”


“This is nice,” Paisley linked her arm through his, “We haven’t done this for awhile.”

Gerard nodded, “ How’s your book?”

“I’m almost done. I can’t wait to get it published.”

“I’m proud of you. I want you to know that,” Gerard said stopping and pulling her close to him.

Paisley sighed contentedly. This was her Gerard. This was the man she married. She hoped it would continue.

Wrong.

“I can’t believe Mikey found the perfect name for the band. It’s so fitting.”

Paisley didn’t say anything. Where did her Gerard go? Oh that’s right. The drugs and alcohol were taking their effect on him. How could she forget?

“Don’t you think so?” Gerard prodded.

“It’s catchy. My Chemical Romance.”

Satisfied with her answer they continued their walk.




“Gerard?”

Paisley walked into their bedroom looking for her husband. They had gotten back from their walk several hours earlier. As soon as they had entered the house he announced he was going to take a nap. Paisley found him asleep alright. With a beer can loosely in his grip. Pissed off, Paisley grabbed the can out of his hand and threw it against the wall. The second the can left his hand, Gerard was awake.

“What the hell did you do that for?!”

“Why are you becoming a drunken druggie?”

“I’m not becoming a drunk. Or a druggie.” His eyes flashed.

“Like hell you’re not! You were high earlier Gerard. You’re getting a buzz off of combining your medicine and beer. You’ve got a problem.”

Gerard growled, “The only problem I have is you getting into my business. I’m going to go out,” he said standing.

“Good. I might just leave too,” she said giving him a hard look.

“Suits me just fine,” he yelled slamming the basement door that led outside.

The minute he was gone she sat on the bed, head in her hands. She prayed to God to help her. She started reciting the serenity prayer that she had learned as a child.
“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. The courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Please let Gerard be under the courage category.”

“Sometimes we’re so alike it’s disgusting,” she muttered as she changed into her pajamas and walked upstairs, “We both have short tempers and a penchant for sharp words.”

Helena was already asleep when Paisley crept into her room. Silently she lay down next to her daughter. Paisley studied Helena’s features in the moonlight. She had Gerard’s jet black hair and Paisley’s nose. She had Paisley’s freckles and a smile much like Gerard’s. She and Gerard had created this beautiful creature whose name meant ‘light’. Was that symbolism at its best? Paisley thought so.



It was dusk when Gerard ambled into his bedroom.

“Paisley. I’m sorry for yelling at you. I really am. I’ve been an ass. Paisley?”

Gerard turned on a light. Staring at the empty bed, he froze with fear. She had really left him this time. Another thought came to mind. Did she take Helena? Maybe she would come for her later. Gerard didn’t think he could deal very well if both of his girls were gone. Rushing upstairs he flung his daughter’s door open. When he saw both his wife and Helena asleep, his heart began beating normally again.

He toed off his shoes and lay on Helena’s opposite side. He lay there staring at both of them, wondering why Paisley hadn’t taken their child and left. She obviously didn’t care much for him right now. Hell, Gerard thought, I wouldn’t like myself either. Reluctantly he closed his eyes, hoping this wasn’t a dream in which he would wake up to find himself in his own bed, alone.

A/N: I hope I conveyed what I was hoping too. Gerard is still trying to fight his inner demons, but he’s slowly losing himself. Does he seem tortured to you? Good.
Sign up to rate and review this story