Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Blue Moon

I'm Not Like Other Guys

by SmashAuthority2 7 reviews

Jacob's secret is finally revealed....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Parody,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-08-12 - Updated: 2010-08-12 - 1750 words

5Exciting
I would like to thank Michael Jackson's "Thriller" for inspiring this chapter. If you've seen the full length version you will recognize this scene. In fact, if you haven't seen it you probably should because then it will make more sense!

I can hear crickets chirping in the background as we walk quietly down the side of the road. Jacob surprises me by stopping in his tracks abruptly.

"Can I ask you something?" he says, before I even have a chance to speak.

"Yes," I say.

"You know I like you, right?" he says softly.

"Yes," I reply nervously.

"I know you don't feel the same way about me right now, but I was hoping we could change all that." He gives me such an intense look my knees begin to tremble.

"Err." Is all I manage to stutter.

"I was wondering if.......we could be together."

Okay, so I totally didn't see this coming. I stand before him quite speechless and more then a little dumbstruck. I guess subtlety isn't something Jacob believes in.

"Oh, Jacob," I squeak and throw my arms around him. Seriously, I don't know why, but I do. I think Jacob's a little taken aback as well, but he hugs me back nonetheless.

"But there's something you need to know before that," he says seriously.

"What?" I ask curiously.

"I'm not like other guys," he says quietly.

"Of course not. That's why I like you," I burst out.

"No, I mean I'm different," he says. His eyes bore into mine and it's difficult to look away.

"What are you talking about?" I say, blinking wildly at him.

At that exact moment the full moon filters through the dark clouds, bathing us in a silvery light. At the same time Jacob doubles over and lets out a howl of pain.

"Are you alright?" I ask him in concern.

He snaps his head in my direction. "Get away!" he hisses. His eyes are bright yellow, and oh my God, are those fangs protrudung from his mouth?

"Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I jump back and let out the most ear-piercing scream ever. But I totally don't run for it as my legs are frozen to the spot.

I open my eyes and watch as my beloved Jacob begins to change shape before me. It's totally horrifying and scarring, so I continue to scream my head off.

"Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!"

I observe-through hysterical eyes, that he is turning into some sort of giant dog. His handsome face has gone. In it's place is a hairy monstrosity with whiskers for goodness sake! His hands now carry long, sharp-looking claws, but he is still fully clothed. I suppose that's a good thing. A naked Jacob would have been totally awkward to be around.

"Awooooooooooo!" He howls at the moon, which I can't help thinking is a little cliched.
The it hit's me like a tonne of bricks.

Jacob is a werewolf. Oh. My. God. I totally didn't expect this.

He snarls in my direction. That's about the time I realize I need to move my ass or it's in danger of being bitten. So I run for it.

I head straight into the forest, running as fast as my legs will carry me. As I run I can't help but feel a tad pissed off with Jacob, hell, with the world in general. I mean, first vampires and now werewolves? Seriously people, God damned werewolves? What is the world coming too. What next? Witches and hobbits?

"Ow!" I cry out as a branch smacks me in my face but I keep moving. I don't know where I'm going and I can't see that far ahead. All I know is I want to put some serious distance between myself and Jacob/The Werewolf behind me.

I hear snarling behind me so I run faster. I'm so going to kick some ass after this. I swear, I mean I'm running through a dark forest so late at night. I'm being chased by my best friend, who, before he changed into a giant wolf I thought was mythical, was telling me he wanted us to be more then just friends. Why the hell does this happen to me? Can't a girl catch a break? Why do all the men in my life have to be creatures of the night?

I keep going forward despite the stitch in my side and the fact I can hardly breath. I collapse by a tree to catch my breath. My phone goes off in my pocket, startling me.

"Hello," I gasp.

"Stella?" It's Mindy. She sounds concerned. "Are you alright?"

"Great. Everything is peachy." No matter how bad things get it's nice to know my ability to give sarcastic replies never abates.

"You sure, honey? You sound a a little out of breath," she says, her voice full of curiosity.

"Huh?" I say distractedly. I'm too busy glancing around trying spot Jacob. "I'm just hanging with Jacob."

"What are you guys up to?" she asks lightly.

"Oh, nothing," I laugh, a little shrilly. "Just enjoying each others company." I laugh harder. I'm aware I probably sound a little crazy too her, but, hello? I'm being chased by a freaking WEREWOLF!

"Where are you?"

"In the middle of the jungle!" I giggle. I can't believe I find this situation amusing. I must be losing it.

"Where are you, Stella?" she asks again. Her tone has a seriousness I've never heard before.

"I told you. We're in the jungle. Jacob's car broke down and we have to walk it home." Oh yeah, he also turned into a beast and is chasing me, but what else is new?

"Shall I come pick you up?" She puts extra emphasis on the word you. I wonder what she has against Jake?

"Erm....." I pause to consider this. "Would you mind?"

"I'll be there in a jiffy." She hangs up before I can say another word. I put the phone away. I don't hold out any hope about her coming to my rescue. She doesn't even know my exact location. It could take her forever to find me. I could become werewolf chow before she gets here, which reminds me, I should keep moving.

After what feels like an age of wandering, but what might only have been a few minutes, I manage to locate the road again which is a relief. I check both sides and walk tentatively ahead. I somehow end up walking in the middle of the road. I keep glancing left and right for signs of Jacob.

I feel extremely vulnerable now. I am exposed on both sides and have nowhere to hide, but this is the only hope I have if Mindy is on the road looking for me. Plus, I could always run back into the forest if Jake shows up. If I make it out of this in one piece I am going to have serious words with that guy.

"Beep beep!"

The sound of a car horn gets my attention. I spin around and am struck by a strong beam of light. I hold my hand out to shield my eyes. Squinting, I manage to make out my truck. Mindy is getting out of the drivers side. I'm surprised to see she is accompanied by her stripper friend Ruby. I don't care though as at that moment I have never been so glad those inappropriately dressed ladies in my life.

"Stella," Mindy says sharply. "Get in the truck quick." It's like she knows there is danger around us, which is impossible. How could she know anything? "Right now," she says in a louder voice.

"Okay." I hasten forward and Ruby opens the passenger side for me.

"Get in, honey," she smiles. The smile doesn't quite reach her eyes though. Maybe she's drunk?

Once I am seated, Ruby hops in beside me and Mindy gets in the other side so I am squashed in the middle. It's very uncomfortable being so close to them, especially since I can't help but notice their strong, unusually scented perfumes.

"How did you guys find me?" I ask, as relief washes over me. I am so glad I am in the safety of the truck. I may be surrounded by strippers but I remind myself these are no ordinary strippers. They are part-time ninja's. Okay, maybe not ninja's, but they can kick some ass-whilst wearing heels.

"Just luck I guess," replies Mindy she starts the truck and zooms off down the road. She careers around corners like a maniac, not even noticing she is driving like a loon. A bit like Gerard used to.

"What happened to that Jacob fellow?" asks Ruby airily.

I think fast. Somehow I know they won't appreciate the guy I spend most of my time with is a werewolf. Plus, he is still my best friend. I have to protect him.

"He, um.......he......" I'm stuck. "Oh, yeah! He went to take a leak!" I say happily. Man, I'm good.

"Stella, must you use such coarse language?" says Mindy irritably while Ruby shakes her head in disapproval. God, she even sounds like Gerard!

"Um? Sorry?" I say. I can't believe they're getting all high and mighty on me.

"Forget it," says Ruby. "We're just glad you're safe."

"Um. How did you know I was in danger?" I say quickly.

There is a silence in the air. Mindy grips the wheel tighter and stares straight ahead. "We didn't," says Ruby hastily. "It's just you were wondering around in the forest so late at night. You never know what might be lurking out there."

She has no clue how right he is. "Mmm." I nod and stare at my lap too exhausted to probe further. I really want to go home right now so I can think in peace. I have no idea what's going to happen next with me and Jacob. Not now when I know the truth.

I mean, how can I stay friends with Jacob now when I know he is a werewolf? Didn't I break up with Gerard because he is a vampire? Because his family was dangerous? Hasn't Jacob just proved he is a danger to me? Would I be the biggest hypocrite on the planet if I continued my friendship with Jacob? Especially when I let the love of my life go?

I sigh miserably. My life is so complicated.

For those of you missing Gerard and the rest of the clan-don't worry, they'll be back soon!!
Sign up to rate and review this story