Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're In This Together

Five

by connor_constantine 2 reviews

This is a short chapter about the several hours following the events in chapter 4.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-08-13 - Updated: 2010-08-14 - 557 words

1Ambiance
I sat in my quiet hotel room. It felt like hours, but it had actually been only several minutes ago that I was kicked out of the band. No one tried to stop me from leaving, they only stared. And it made me realize… I didn't need them. They didn't need me so I don't need them. I had a tour with Nine Inch Nails coming up and that would be way better than anything they ever accomplished.

I picked up my guitar and began playing, unaware for several minutes that I was playing Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit... the perfect song for my current mood! I jumped to my feet and set the guitar down in a hard manner, stomping away. Who am I kidding?! I'm furious! How could they kick me out of the fucking band?! I stepped out of the room, slamming the door behind me, and I walked out to the parking lot to my car. One I was in my car, I just drove... to nowhere in particular; I just drove.

The whole drive I just thought that they must be getting ready to beg me back. I knew it sounded too good to be true, but hey, given what's happened, and what we've been through as a band, I figured there would be a little "Please come back, Connor! You're my idol! I was wrong to be mad at you! We NEED you! I lurrrve you!!!" followed by some sobbing, all from Taylor, while Jeremy and Maggie bowed and kissed my feet. I blinked and snorted at how stupid that sounded, just before realizing the cars before me were stopping at a red light. I slammed on the breaks. Damn... I need to get my shit together. Who needs them anyway? Time to get ready for my practice tomorrow.

I drove back to the hotel and pulled up in the parking lot. I walked back into the hotel, passing the rest of the band as they walked out. It felt like one of those movies where everything suddenly goes into slow motion and we walk by each other, glaring as we went. Taylor and I walked right by each other, and she slammed her shoulder into mine, knocking me off balance for a second. I continued walking and the rest of the band passed me, Amy in the back. She made eye contact briefly, then looked down at her feet as she walked on. It made me sad that she was the only one who wanted me in the band still. But hey, at least I still have one friend.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

Back in the room, I continued playing Nine Inch Nails songs, and now I was making good time. At this rate I might have the basic idea of half their discography down. I continued to play for the next few hours, with no breaks. My fingers started to bleed from playing for so long. I figured that was a good time to call it quits. It's late, and I'm getting tired. So I put down my guitar and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. After finishing, I lied down in my bed and fell asleep on top of the covers. It's been a long day, and tomorrow is going to be an even longer one. Time to meet Trent!
Sign up to rate and review this story